Best racket for control and defence.

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by stefanosx, Sep 25, 2008.

1. stefanosx

stefanosx Regular Member

student
    Hi, i want to tell your opinions about, who is the best yonex racket for control and defence, and with which string.

My opinion arm900t

2. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    A heavy head racket would have a much defence as a head light racket. NS9000S is a good option if you want yonex but there are other brands that can also perform the same at a cheaper price.

3. Silent_Ninja

Silent_Ninja Regular Member

Student
    In my opinion, the AT900T is deadly in control and defence, but is also capable with the occasional jump smash! I haven't used any other string apart from the BG65ti that cam pre-strung with it. Thats alright, but I can't say how good it is until I've tried other strings, like BG80. Now I need to wait for it to snap. :D

4. drbrain

drbrain Regular Member

IT Engineer
    Why not Arcsaber 10?

5. gumpy_999

gumpy_999 Regular Member

I would say that the AT900T (which is use and I am a defensive doubles player) is great for defence but not so much on the control front, the racket is repulsive if that makes sense... it's not bendy (flexible) but on impact it will bend and flick back... it's great for power generation and blocking but not the best for drop shots if you know what i mean. The arcsaber is better for the touchy feely shots, so if you want max control that would be the better option...

The only issue I have with the arcsaber is the power for smashes and backcourt clearance. It takes more effort cause the frame isn't so repulsive and even balanced. AT900T gives you plenty of power with great defence and decent control.

I use BG65 but will be trying the nbg 95. If I had a backup racket I would try the higher repulsion strings like the bg85/80 or even the 66 but I only have one racket...

6. BadJunkie

BadJunkie Regular Member

i beg to differ... i just bought an arcsaber 10... defence is awesome.... and control is awesome... swing speed is so fast its not funny.. its not like any other racquet ive used b4... after a smash or drive i can go back to the defence stance asap... i can smash and then do a touch shot or drive immediately with ease! when i swing the arcsaber 10... it feels like this racquet has been developed in a wind tunneL! it feels like its cutting air!!! i strung it at 27x29 with bg80.. and its so repulsive!!!!! smashes are good..im not disappointed at all... the only thing with the arcsaber 10 is i have to readjust my timing... cause i always seem to swing too fast! to get power of this racquet is determined by swing speed and timing not weight ! but when i do get the timing right... smashes are very effective! racquet is slightly head heavy not even balanced my balance point is 295mm with strings and grip!

im not saying this is the best racquet for defence but a very good overal racquet..if ur looking purely for defence.. u need a head light racquet like ns9000x or s

#6 BadJunkie, Sep 28, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  7. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    NS9000X is not recommended if you are a defender because it is too stiff to play with during defending. A flexible head light racket is best for defending.

8. BadJunkie

BadJunkie Regular Member

true i agree... in my casei defend fine with it.. i tested the x as i said.. not da best.. ... but will make do since its so light.. very easy to move around =) im not great of a defender :p will be testing the 9000s tomorrow! heard ns8000 and ns7000 or ns7700 work wonders for defending altho dont have the chance to try that either v_V nevver really tried a racquet made just for defending tho!

9. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    The best racket for defence i have tried is MP66.

10. Smash _Drop

Smash _Drop Regular Member

promotor
    had at900t for about a year, amazing racket but not that great for defence, compared to ns8000 which is lightning compared to at900t...even faster still is the ns7700 amazing defence, but lacks a little power

11. BadJunkie

BadJunkie Regular Member

keke u cant have everything now can u!! :p

12. Smash _Drop

Smash _Drop Regular Member

promotor
    i think with the ns8000 you do almost get everything, it has the power, speed and control making it a very good all round racket...but then again it depends what you like:D

13. ormy4

ormy4 Regular Member

4u 900t is the way to go, extremely fast and with the proper technique powerful. Check dinkalots review its still a valuable resource here.

14. JohnC

JohnC New Member

Research Student
    In my experience, for a truly defense/control game, the arc 7 and Nano Speed 7700 cannot be beaten. Whilst the other rackets mentioned on this post are largely on the defensive side, there is still a measurable difference between them and the two models mentioned above.

As for strings, Ashaway Microlegend is highly recommended. BG85 is a close second.