Stop sending Hafiz Hashim to major tournament

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by victory, Sep 25, 2008.

1. victory

victory Regular Member

Looking at Hafiz Hashim performance in recent 2-3 years and in China Master 08, BAM should stop sending HH to any major tournaments immediately. They should put precious resources to groom young players like Tan Chun Seang, Wei Feng, Arif and a few others that have been promoted to national squad recently.

If BAM want to keep HH in national squad with the objective of providing quality sparring with young players, that is all right. But wasting money on sending HH to major tournament is a definate "no no" .

We are not just talking about money here. We are also fighting against time to groom MAS young single talents to share the burden of Chong Wei. Other countries are already aggresively grooming their young players by letting them have high level exposure. MAS will not be competitive in the single department in 2-3 years time if BAM do not make the right move now.

WAKE UP BAM!! Don't complain we do not have enough money the sent young single players overseas, just cut unnecessary and irrational investments on HH.

2. fanatico

fanatico Regular Member

Student
    this is preposterous. we shouldnt discourage an athlete like that. what's past has passed. hafiz put up a great fight against taufik this week, showing he still has what it takes to trouble the better players on the circuit. he has probably just hit a rough patch or a slump. he needs the encouragement from his countrymen to get out of it.

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

no point u posting here././
    bc forum cant do anything about it..
    the best is write a letter to BAM..:):rolleyes:

4. green.blood

green.blood Regular Member

Feather basher
    This is normal for an athlete... When you win, you are cheered, when you lose you are jeered... But he's been low for too long... he really needs to buck up or pave the way for the younger shuttlers...

He's a special player... when he is in top form, he is amazing... Wish him good luck!!

#4 green.blood, Sep 26, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  5. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER

Correct! Correct! Correct!

6. victory

victory Regular Member

This is definately not preposterous! I wish to agree with you but I can't.

I am one of the biggest MAS fan I write with sincere hope to improve MAS team performance. I don't write to discourage HH. In fact I have never written anything to discourage any MAS player.

But the fact is clearly HH is a gone case. He has been given too many chances year after year after year after year after year! He has never achieved anything significant since 2003 AE title. I can bear if he is not winning too many titles because badminton is very competitive now a days. But this lad can not even be consistent quaterfinalist for past 3 years!!

He is at the bottom for too long and he did not do enough to buck up for many years. May be he thinks BAM will keep giving him opportunities. Sad fact is sport is ever competitive and sometimes bordering cruel. Time is not on his side and he has to know his position.

BAM should favour young up coming talents than HH for the good of MAS team in future. No questions about that. Some people may argue even this young players may lose in the early rounds. However, they may grow and there are still potential to dig out from them. At least, BAM can still bet on them. My question to you is can BAM and Malaysia still bet on HH? For how long? Think about that!

7. victory

victory Regular Member

Yeah right! Of course!

Any issues we forumers have we should write to our respective badminton federations, our respective sport ministries and even badminton world federation.

Everyone here should write personally to the players we like to congratulate them when they win. And we should write personally to scold the players we don't like. We should write to coaches personally to voice our opinions. In my case I should write personally to advise HH to retire.

My question is are you doing it yourself?

My next question is what about this forum? Close shop?

Is this what you suggest?:cool::cool::rolleyes::rolleyes:

8. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

erm, this forum will not close shop forever FYI:p:D:D
    there are many more interesting topics to be discussed in this forum..;):)