WCH, CTF & LWW quit national team!!!

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by asriwn, Sep 26, 2008.

1. asriwn

asriwn Regular Member

Desa Paya Mengkuang, Gelang Patah,Johor, Malaysia
    Got new news from TV3 that they quit from Malaysia national team start 30 september...

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Yes...they Will Quit....press Will Report This...later I Ask Kak Helang To Provide Us The Link...

3. asriwn

asriwn Regular Member

Desa Paya Mengkuang, Gelang Patah,Johor, Malaysia
    LWW said he will play in Japan League.....not sure about CTF

4. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

actually im not shocked at all after seeing this decision made by them if u look at their respective ages..
    meanwhile , i think its time for the youngster to step up..
    why yoyo man still dont want to quit yet??:(

5. george@chongwei

here`s the link for that article//
    limsy, pls translate:p:D

http://sports.sinchew-i.com/node/7848?tid=11

6. aeida

aeida Regular Member

perhaps because he's not considered "old'? :p.. only 26, while WCH, CTF and LWW have passed 30 already..

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
  8. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The Star Online > Sports
    Saturday September 27, 2008

Trio leave BAM

By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: Seasoned campaigners Wong Choong Hann, Lee Wan Wah and Choong Tan Fook finally called time on their 14-year service with the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) before announcing grand plans of their own.

The trio, who will be on their own from Oct 1, are in the midst of securing individual sponsors to compete in international tournaments for the next two years.

Choong Hann and Wan Wah have formed a company €” Pioneer Sdn Bhd €” to conduct badminton programmes at two centres in Kota Damansara (10 courts) and Bandar Mahkota Cheras (more than 30 courts) next year. Their other partners are former internationals Chan Chong Ming and Chew Choon Eng.

These centres will eventually be turned into academies for aspiring local and international players.

As if they haven’t got enough on their plates, the trio will also be taking up coaching courses as a first step towards becoming national coaches.

Even with all these distractions, Choong Hann and Wah Wah have managed to pencil in a tournament each. Choong Hann will leave for Berlin on Oct 8 to represent Brandenburger Sports Community in the German League while Wan Wah will head for Osaka in December to play in the Japan League.

The trio also said that they were willing to spar with national and back-up players in a bid to raise the standard of the game.

The 31-year-old Choong Hann expressed gratitude to the BAM and said they would continue to work with the national body.

We are officially retiring as BAM players. And we want to thank the BAM, National Sports Council, National Sports Institute) and the public for all their support throughout our careers as national players,” said Choong Hann at a joint press conference with BAM yesterday.

“We believe that we have fought and given our best over the years.

“Although we are leaving, the BAM can rest assured that we will continue to give them our support. We also hope that the BAM will support us in our future plans.”
    Choong Hann said that one of their main goals was to produce a world-class shuttler for the country.

“We hope to search and groom more potential players at the grassroots level. We will also be sitting for coaching exams to improve our coaching knowledge,” he said.

Wan Wah, who has undergone two major knee surgeries in the last six years, was full of praise for chief coach Yap Kim Hock.

As for Tan Fook, he said: “I decided not to venture with Wan Wah and Choong Hann in setting up the academies. I want to get married to Zhang Jiewen (of China) but she still has an obligation to play for China while I still want to partner Wan Wah. Ultimately, I want to be a national coach one day.”

http://www.thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2008/9/27/sports/2134093.asp&sec=sports

well, well, wish the uncles all the best in their new Baddy Academy.

Looking forward too to WCH becoming national coach one day.

#8 eaglehelang, Sep 26, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  9. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

NST

Choong Hann, Tan Fook, Wan Wah quit national team

2008/09/27

THE national careers of Wong Choong Hann and doubles pair Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah came to an end yesterday when they resigned from the national team. The trio, who have been with the national team since 1994, are not quitting the sport though as they will continue playing for two years by securing personal sponsors.

Choong Hann and Wan Wah have also set up an academy with former national players Chan Chong Ming and Chew Choon Eng.

Training centres will be opened in Kota Damansara and Bandar Damansara soon.

Choong Hann, whose career highlight is winning the singles silver in the 2003 World Championships, said they will also pursue formal coaching certificates and attend sports science courses in order to boost their qualifications.

"I have been with the national squad since 1994 and the time has come for me to leave. However, I will continue competing in tournaments for another two years by securing sponsors," said the 31-year-old Choong Hann at Juara Stadium yesterday.

"We have also decided to open an academy to nurture young talent.

"Becoming a national coach is something I may also consider after retiring from the international scene. However, I will make sure I'm qualified with credentials over the next couple of years."

Wan Wah, 33, said he will also compete in tournaments with Tan Fook besides playing in the Japanese league later this year.

Wan Wah said they have requested permission from national doubles coach Rexy Mainaky to spar with the national team until the end of the year.

"We decided to play for another two years as we felt we can still compete at the highest level," said Wan Wah.

"The academy will not only help produce potential players but will also become a training centre for foreign players who wish to train with us."

Meanwhile, Tan Fook has his own plans and is looking at a coaching stint in Guangzhou where his girlfriend Zhang Jiewen is based.

Tan Fook has also postponed his marriage with Jiewen until the end of next year as the latter is expected to compete in the All China Games next September before announcing her retirement.

Choong Hann, who will play for Brandenburger Sports Community club in the German League next month, will be competing in the Macau Open beginning Tuesday while Tan Fook-Wan Wah will make their comeback in the China and Hong Kong Opens in November.

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Saturday/Sport/2361000/Article/pppull_index_html

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Best wishes..^^

...to their newfound endeavors..;)

11. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    same as LuLuk.....they may be a partner if they are in same team......

12. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Who/what is yoyo man?

George, please dont post any misleading information la, makes people confuse only.

13. george@chongwei

haiya, yoyo man is a well knows nickname for HH:rolleyes:;)...his performace is like yoyo mah..thats why we call him yoyo...dont worry, u also got call HH yoyo before..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

14. victory

victory Regular Member

Is right time for them to retire. I will miss their actions on court especially WCH. I wish them all the best. I really hope WCH can be a coach for MAS team. Now they are out of the scene, BAM should pour in more attention and resources to groom young players. BAM better do it fast.

15. cyclone9

cyclone9 Regular Member

bandar mahkota cheras got badminton court?
    any one know where is it ? i live in sg long T_T

16. z3048018

z3048018 Regular Member

it'll be sad to see the entertainers in LWW/CTF depart the badminton scene....good luck in the future endeavours!!

17. PlayaFromMalaya

PlayaFromMalaya Regular Member

Student
    huh? u mean like LWW/luluk combination? hmm..that would be fun to watch..

18. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    off-topic...

Not yet. But in progress already. (same bozz with Guang Ming badminton court at bt. 11) Sg. Long got badminton court (sg long club house) but always full.

19. cyclone9

cyclone9 Regular Member

where the mahkota court building? near where?

20. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    is it such a surprise that they will quit??