Need help picking a raquet [AT900P/T, Arc 10]

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by tony531, Sep 26, 2008.

1. tony531

tony531 Regular Member

im a intermediate/advanced player looking for a new raquet, my style is leaning more to the offensive side, lack a bit of power, but love to smash.

also, im looking for the raquet to be powerful on smashes and clears, but then again be an ok defensive raquet too...

so which one should i get..

2. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    you should also look at AT900T and AT700

3. issarakaya

issarakaya Regular Member

Operational Dir.
    easy........at900t :D

4. tony531

tony531 Regular Member

any more suggestions and why/

5. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    you can also try SOTX W8 and W9.

6. cks23

cks23 Regular Member

System Engineer
    below is my 2cent comment...
    i used Ti10, AT900p, Arc10, MP66, MP44,,,,the best is Ti10, then only Arc10 and AT900p.
    Playing a badminton is not just a single game then finish. it taking about overrall..
    if u r playing touromrnt only 1 game per day, then AT900p is totally suitable for offensive/attacking player.Because u r playing full power smaches on it.
    If u r just playing a normal game with friends, or advans player continuely, i will said, Ti10 is suitable for attacking player, because keep jumping smashes, fast attack and will not feel tired.
    Again n final advise, no good or best racket in the world. it all depend on yourself how u feel/ lever to use it, which one is more suitable for your playing stly....
    last n not least,,,,ur level of playing badminton to choose the racket, NOT choose the racket then u fit yourself into it.
    my 2 cent comment...thanks.

7. gancy

gancy Regular Member

TE
    Hi CKS23,
    What Gen level(2nd or 3rd) Ti-10 u r uisng? I used 3rd Gen Ti-10 before, it is lack of power in term of smashing mainly because of head light. I do feel 2nd Gen(Yellow) Ti-10 head heavier than 3rd Gen(Purple). What do u think?

8. cks23

cks23 Regular Member

System Engineer
    Hi Gancy,
    i was using Ti10 second generation. (the yellow n white color that one) 3 units of Ti10 i bought b4 r second generation. Because everytime my Ti10 broken, the 3rd Gen was out of stock.
    Ti10 was good for attacking player especially for double player because once u do a full body jumping smash, it e c to recorver back, becasue the racket is (thin n light) enough.
    The only bad thing i can say for Ti10 is not durable..e c get broken....almost 10 month i have to change my Ti10 ...
    i never use the 3rd gen of Ti10, so can't give u any comment, sorry about that..but i personally can give u some advise, when u feel the racket the head is light or less power when smaches,,, try to adjust the string higher, for me is 28bls.. but also becaful,,once u have high tension of racket, make sure ur hand must worm up with full of power then only start play badminton. if not u r like holding a wood to hitting the badminton.
    thanks

9. issarakaya

issarakaya Regular Member

Operational Dir.
    From what i bold, you look like me :D First racket i buy is AT900T after several test with AT900P. The power is sllighty less than AT900P but for defense and clear surely better than P (this is my personal opinion, different result may come from other people who might be a better or worse tehnique/style play)
    Arc10 is a good racket but the power to smash is weak compare to my at900t. Feel is better and accurate but power is goin' nowhere....already 2 month and i still cant get the power :confused: For defense is on par with at900t but arc 10 is slighty better in manuveribility.
    Some people may be tell Arc10 is the best or AT900T/P is the best but for knowing the best result you have to test it by yourself, which one is suit you better :D
    Btw i agree with @Phandrew...there is many good non Yonex racket out there, why dont you try them ? Carlton, SOTX, APACS etc....

10. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    IMO both the 2nd and 3rd gen Ti-10 are the same with different paint jobs.

11. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    Tony531 how much does defence matter to you? If it isn't that importance as smashing then go with SOTX W7 or W11.

12. tony531

tony531 Regular Member

hmm nothing really, just needa work on it more i guess, but i bought the AT900P, 25lbs with bg80... the smashes explode which is great, control is good too, but then again, its probably just me, but defense is not as impressive...

13. Nanospeeder

Nanospeeder Regular Member

Grad student
    Yes, the 3U AT900P is very head stable because of its boxy shape/iso head, hence it's not as maneuvarable as AT900T which is slightly head heavy/aero head but not as head stable.

I think head stability is extremely important for smashes, so that the full racquet head contacts squarely with the shuttle-cock and not slicing it unintentionally. Ti-10 is pretty similar to AT900P with its anti-torque properties to channel maximum kinetic energy to the shuttlecock.

14. gumpy_999

gumpy_999 Regular Member

From what you described in your first post the AT900T is perfect for you provided you're ok with head heavy rackets....

15. drbrain

drbrain Regular Member

IT Engineer
    I vote for AT-900T.

16. jaynjay

jaynjay Regular Member

ARC-10 for sure. it is faster and has more power than AT-900T

ARC-10 is even balanced, good for Off and Def. if you are a smash based player, AT-700 has the most power.

i am a smash based player I use ARC-10 if I am playing against with an Offense player and i use AT-700 for a defense player or a beginner :)

17. SaintDragon

SaintDragon Regular Member

Student
    I recommend the AT900T as well. The Arc10 feels fast but it has a hollow feel to it (I don't really know how to describe it). I like the feedback that the AT900T gives compared to the Arc10's.

18. alexkho

alexkho Regular Member

Purchasing
    arc10 need to have a right combination

use BG66 with arc 10 and use it for one week you will feel it !! i had mine with MP and still feel great!

19. Gold-

Gold- Regular Member

-
    is AT900T stiffer then the Arc10?

20. gumpy_999

gumpy_999 Regular Member

Not sure about stiffer but feels bouncier... if that makes sense...

3 posts before this one the person said the ARC10 is more powerful than the AT900T. That maybe the case for that particular person but generally it is considered that the AT900T is more powerful for smashes.