User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Reynar

If you really want me to. I could post an attempt at an explanation. It might be kind of long though, but I wouldn't mind. It is quite challenging, once people try it they are very surprised at how difficult and physically demanding it can be. Though not as demanding as badminton.

I did a bit of coaching and I remember some Hockey and Track & Field players who tried it. They had bruises from falling on the ice because they kept forgetting which foot to step on the ice with and some of the ones who weren't bruised complained about sore arms and legs. Now I'm a big guy, not 2 subway seats fat but you wouldn't look at me and say "He's in great shape." Some of these people(schoolmates of mine, this was during highschool and for a few years after) were very arrogant and were making fun of curling. It was kind of funny seeing them in such discomfort. Am I mean or what?
    thanks for the offer but I am not so sure if this is the place for a curling discussion. I think I will just have to find my way into a curling match next time I am visiting friends up in Canada and learn from that. Also, even though I've been in the states for 12 years now, I was born in tropical weather Taiwan so I am not much good on ice . Think I'll stick to badminton for now and new season volleyball just started today so good luck to me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Golf is my other game, its perfect for winding down and relaxing (only if you're playing well though ). Its also good for practice for concentration.

Hey my dad 'curls'! He plays in a league back at home in Scotland at a local ice rink, and the number of players in the league would put most badminton leagues to shame!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by andymcg

Hey my dad 'curls'! He plays in a league back at home in Scotland at a local ice rink, and the number of players in the league would put most badminton leagues to shame!
    Well curling was invented in Scotland after all. Around here I seem to be the only one who liked the bagpipe procession during big tournaments. It's true curling leagues are pretty big. Usually just the in-house leagues are a couple hundred or so people and there's more than one league going on at each club. Also unlike badminton you play straight 2-3 hours instead of playing 15 points then waiting 40 minutes to play again.

canada in the school year and hong kong in the summer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Who plays other sports too?

Hey

I was just wondering what other sports you guys play, other then badminton, which you all love, and also if you guys are in any other sports teams? Well for me, I am also playing basketball (school team), volleyball (school team), badminton (school team) and others like swimming (I used to train in Hong Kong), but it's in conflict with basketball, so I didn't join it.

Wildstyler

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Who plays other sports too?

basketball (school team), used to play hockey (town team), vollyball (school team)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

although badminton is my favorite sport I tend to play basketball more, mostly because I can only badminton play once a week (I'll be playin more now that the team is finally starting practice)

among many other sports i do there is biking

so, here's my list

1) badminton (school)
    2)basketball (community)
    3)biking (with friends)
    4)tennis (on tv)
    5)hockey (friends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I USED to do many sports... volleyball, netball, hand ball, and so on. And running too....but I still do running now. I didn't like other sports... I especially hate net ball. I enjoy running... but not as much as badminton! And I swim too... but rarely, only during school holidays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Other Sports

I'm guessing that everyone or most will have badminton as their first sport but what others sports does everyone follow or play?

Have to admit i am a huge football (soccer) fan and have a huge love of Liverpool FC.

I do play a little golf too and play off a 16 handicap...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andy, you got a Liverpool brutha here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hockey, basketball, and racing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

used to play slo-pitch, but only on the school team in elementary school, regret not trying out in highschool when I had the time ><.....also played a bit of soccer on the school team again, but it was nothing competitive =D I was the goal tender so yeah =P I just sat there pulling grass....then later on my friend made me join the badminton team in grade 7 and liked it since then ^^ and don't know why but badminton seems to be the only sport I'm committed to =D but then now that my highschool is probably not going to make a team like last year (dunno why but it's either no one is coaching it, or that the school is just geared towards sports like hockey, soccer, and basketball) ah well.....oh lol I tried playing tennis, but that never worked out.....I just kept losing the tennis balls, so I just quitted after losing a couple of bottles of my cousin's tennis balls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Besides Badminton:
    Strength Training (2+ times a week)
    Spinning (2+ times a week)
    Jogging (1-2 times 6 months)
    Swimming (1-5 times a year)
    Basketball (1 time a year)
    Baseball (1 time in my life so far)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other sports I love to participate in are:

Road biking - for the freedom and the wind in the hair!

Ten-Pin Bowling - I'm not even sure if this is a sport but it strengthens my forearms and provides a counter-balance to my bum with the beer...

Liverpool, Everton and Manchester (City, and United) are an hour away from me, but I can't stand watching football unless it's an England international.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aside from badminton

i play, (though not as often anymore because of badminton):
    basketball
    swim
    handball

I watch:
    basketball (nba)
    F1
    a bit of tennis

I also play fantasy nba (if you consider that a sport )

Ever since i found out my knees are in trouble, i decided that if im gonna destroy them, i might as well destroy em playing badminton instead of any other sport

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose when one is young, one should try all sorts of games and settle with one or two which one loves in later life.

As a young boy, I started off with backlane, open air badminton and now, as a senior citizen, I'm still stuck with it, but facilities are now much improved and I no longer play with plastics.

When we were in primary school, we swam in both swimming pools and the open sea and almost got drowned once as our parents were often not around and we had only our tiny peers as company. We cycled, climb trees to pluck fruits, roller skated, played a modified game of 'roundas' or baseball, marbles, spiders and 'guppies' catching, kite-flying and top-spinning.

In secondary school, I was exposed to athletics, football (soccer), rugby, softball, and even cricket, apart from badminton.

At varsity, as there was no badminton court, I took to tennis and cross-country running, often visiting the refreshing botanic gardens nearby.

And when I started work, apart from badminton again, we also played tennis, squash and golf at a later stage. The kids came and took up quite a bit of family time.

And now, still working, I continue to indulge in my favourite badminton game, with weekend golf as a social cement with friends. We usually play sixes, so that we can partner each of our three friends in a round of 18 holes. We have a small bet to keep us motivated but all winnings go to a common pool which we use for the day's lunch at the end of our morning golf. In this way, even the loser gets back part of his share. Very friendly!

And when at home, Sports on TV is a favourite past-time. Anything from Athletics, Boxing, Badminton of course, Sport Dancing, Gymnastics, Soccer (MU and Real Madrid are my favourites), Swimming, etc, but not Wrestling! No beer for me, but coffee and peanuts will suffice!
    Last edited by Loh; 02-02-2004 at 11:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Loh

Soccer (MU and Real Madrid are my favourites),

Oh No!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Loh
    Soccer (MU and Real Madrid are my favourites),...
    I am waiting for the game between FC Porto and MU. Of course I am expecting Porto to win.

You must have been really active. So many kinds of physical activities.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast