Winex racquets - special promotion

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Winex West Can, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Hi folks,
    Just to let you know that we are running a special (summer) promotion.

Get free shipping (N. America) with free stringing (Winex Ti-80 titanium string) on racquets over US$65.00 (CAD$100.00).

We have the following models available:
    MM200, MM100, MM90, MM50, Audina's Limited Edition (Ti Swing Power), SQ-800 & SQ-600.

Canadian residents will have to add GST and BC residents PST. Folks in the Lower Mainland can purchase selected models from Tad's Sporting Goods.

We also have selected other models available. Please PM or e-mail me for for information.

2. Matt Ross

Matt Ross Regular Member

Student
    Never heard of tried Winex. What are they like??

3. Winex West Can

Hi Tech
    Well Matt,
    I am bit biased since I'm distributing their line of racquets but I started playing with them last summer and have found no problems with their racquets. They have a lot of models (some so similar that it is hard to choose between these models) but for the price, the quality and performance of the racquets are excellent.

For example, the MM100 is a clone of Yonex's MP100 and the MM200 is a slightly heavier version of the MM100. Other variants might include (for example, the SQ-800 is a clone of the Yonex ISO 800) the Ti-9 (titanium version of the SQ-800) or a full ti-mesh shaft.

Although Winex do clone Yonex models, they do have their own models (e.g. Ti-12 which is technical a variant of a clone).

Check out review section on Badminton Central for more info.

4. TDotSmAsHer

TDotSmAsHer Regular Member

Student Gr 11 in Sept.------- badminton player/ad
    WWC... have you tried the racquet mia audina uses? How's it like?

5. Matt Ross

Matt Ross Regular Member

Student
    K Winex i'll take a look. Thanks

6. TDotSmAsHer

Product review section is outdated!. so probably recent models not listed.

#6 TDotSmAsHer, Jun 20, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2002
  7. Winex West Can

Hi Tech
    Have not tried the racquet myself but the racquet is the Ti Swing Power which Winex has re-released as Audina's Favorite Limited Editions (SS and SA version). It is supposely similar to the Yonex Ti Swing Power.

Only thing I can say is that Audina won the Dutch and Swiss Opens with that racquet and did very well in the Uber Cup :D

8. Ernie

Ernie Regular Member

Student
    mm100 is the clone of mp100 ...rite?
    but how much are they alike?
    exactly the same?

9. TDotSmAsHer

Ernie.... I don't think it will be "exact perfect" clone of the Yonex... however, the paint job is the same basically!!! (thats the only thing I don't like about winex.. they copied the same colour scheme!! I mean the YY MP-100 is not that "beautiful... already ... )

There's probably slight difference in feel and performance... different not as in bad! (I havn't tried many winex racquets so I can't really comment.. I tried one.. it was an oval shaped one. i think. I 4got wat it was called! It wasn't that bad but I didn't play with it long :D)

Maybe you'll like winex more then yonex.... but yea.. winex racquets have really attractive prices :D

10. Matt Ross

Matt Ross Regular Member

Student
    Alot of these companies i've never heard of because there are very few within the UK. Winex, Forza, i had never heard of them until i cam eonto this site. If i come across a Winex racket i'll be sure to try it out.

Matt

11. jsunsun

jsunsun Regular Member

i have tried a winex ti8 and a yonex ti8. the two quite different, even though appearance is identical(except for the logos). the winex ti8 is like a "stiff" rating, unlike the yonex ti8 rating of "extra stiff". i may be wrong, but i think winex doesn't make any "extra stiff" racquet, even though they copy lots of yonex racquets that have "extra stiff rating". eg. winex ti10 is not extra stiff. i can't speak for other winex racquet; i have only tried the ti8.

12. Winex West Can

Hi Tech
    Winex do have extra stiff racquets but have to be specially ordered. For example, if you want the Ti-8 to be extra stiff, your retailer will have to put in a special request.

There are also racquets that are stiffer than normal and these are racquets with Ti-mesh shafts (e.g. Ti-12, Ti-19). Most retailers order their racquets based on what they think would be sellable to the public. For example, most would order 2U/3U with G4/G5 (Yonex sizes) for their market.