User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Per requested by some members. I am writing up this review based on the comparison of ARC7 vs ARC9 vs ARC10.
    Most of you know that shaft stiffness ARC10>ARC7>ARC9. ARC10 is a smashing beast if you have proper technique and wrist snap to hit the shuttle. ARC7 is a defensive player's best weapon. ARC9 is a great racquet sitting in between ARC7 and ARC9. All 3 ARC give great side to side accuracy. However, the ARC10 give you the best smashing angle. Clearing with ARC10 need a little more effort from me. ARC7 is easy on clear but
    lack in smashing power. ARC9 is great at clearing if you get under the shuttle and hit it a little front of you. Smashing is fast (not as loud of boom as ARC10)for ARC9 but the angle is higher than I like. I find all ARC lack the feeling and feed back during clearing and smash. However, if you can nail the shuttle near the top of the frame (ie 2~4 strings from the top) you get the feeling and feed back from the shot.

Please post any question you have and I will do my best to answer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friend just bought a ARC 9 and I just did a few shots with it. Initial impression is that it moves extremely well, much better than ARC 10. Defence is better than ARC 10 and offence ain't too bad either, probably just slightly weaker than ARC 10.

Even though both are 3U, the ARC 9 feels lighter due to a head light specs. If Yonex has the same specs but in a more "masculine" color, I will buy it !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ARC9 v.s. MP88

Quote Originally Posted by silentheart View Post
    Please post any question you have and I will do my best to answer.
    Is it possible to make a comparison between ARC9 and MP88? Thanks.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chilchuan View Post
    Is it possible to make a comparison between ARC9 and MP88? Thanks.
    Not really, the last time I used a MP88 was about 4 years ago. I really do not remember how it feels anymore except MP88 is a very user friendly racquet and ARC9 is the most user friendly racquet in YY line right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Geez... yes I have seen the color schemes ~.~... Sometimes ladies need a "beautiful" racket.

@issarakaya
    Well... maybe your wife isn't a "pinky girl" at all xD (Hope didn't pissed any boyz or girl with my comment down here, since it's just a joke).

@silentheart
    Wow... just look like Cab30?!? Well Yonex has found a way to sell something in a higher price then xD... The anti-fake technology doesn't look promising... It will only took sometime before they found a way to make an exact clone...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you base your racket on design then you aren't going to get far.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by K4mu1 View Post
    @silentheart
    Wow... just look like Cab30?!? Well Yonex has found a way to sell something in a higher price then xD... The anti-fake technology doesn't look promising... It will only took sometime before they found a way to make an exact clone...
    No, I mean plays like Cab30. Feel a little more softer and user friendly. Hope this clear it up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Aww... yeah forgive my misread ... I believe you've said they're different xD... But yes they're made for girls eh? Or a weak powered guys? (Since you said you're losing power? In theory that means you're too strong? CMIIW)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was thinking of getting either ARC 9 or Armotec 900 Technique......can anyone advise??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pinko888 View Post
    Was thinking of getting either ARC 9 or Armotec 900 Technique......can anyone advise??
    Get a Arc 9 since your name is pinko888. It will definitely suit you.

But seriously, if you want over-all goodness, go for Arc 9. If you a more solid feel and more boom with your smashes, go with AT900T. Beware though, they are completely different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wondering, do you think that this is a good racket for a girl that has just recently started playing badminton since its forgiving and user friendly?

My girlfriend likes the design so she wants one :P

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryim_ View Post
    Just wondering, do you think that this is a good racket for a girl that has just recently started playing badminton since its forgiving and user friendly?

My suggestion is, no. The racquet is too expensive for a beginner. If she like the color, try NS100, I believe it has a pink one.
    On the other hand, if you have other motive, it does bring out the sparkle in her eye and tell her she look sooooo cute with the ARC-9. Just like the pink ranger. (then she will know you have Power Ranger Fetish...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silentheart View Post
    My suggestion is, no. The racquet is too expensive for a beginner. If she like the color, try NS100, I believe it has a pink one.
    On the other hand, if you have other motive, it does bring out the sparkle in her eye and tell her she look sooooo cute with the ARC-9. Just like the pink ranger. (then she will know you have Power Ranger Fetish...)
    I know its an expensive racket for a beginner but putting money aside for a moment, is it a good racket for her? She will be definitely using it for a while and will learn how to play properly.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know its an expensive racket for a beginner but putting money aside for a moment, is it a good racket for her? She will be definitely using it for a while and will learn how to play properly.
    I can not give you a yes or no answer since I never seen here play. You only give the info that she just started to play so I assume she is a beginner.
    1) How well do you know her athletic ability? If yes, you know her ability well and she can learn very quick, then go to #2. Otherwise, the racquet is not for her.
    2) Does she really enjoy the game when she play? What I mean is does a) she enjoy it because you are playing with her. Or b) she like the game and want to go out and play hard and beat up some one or yell at you if you miss a shot. If b) then go to #3. Otherwise, no.
    3) How often and how long does she play? If total hr is <4 hr a week, then no. Otherwise, goto #4.
    4) Demo the racquet. If she can hit a clear from mid court out of the other base line, then yes, other wise, may be...

This is just a general rule of thumb for a user friendly, higher end racquets. The goal of these rule is to determine if the investment is worth it or not. Not if it fits a user or not.
    Sound to me she like the graphic. So I really question if she really interest in the game or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Realistically, the graphics on a racket should not be the decision maker. My wife plays as much as I do, if at a lower level, but she would not want this racket just due to the price. She's a good social player but the only time she has competed was in college intramurals (we did win the mixed doubles that year though). She currently uses an old Ti-5 but hates playing with any of mine (more due to the high string tension than anything else).

On the other hand I do know a fairly good girl playing at my club that uses the arc9, it's her go to racket but 1. she bought it herself and 2. she has the ability to use it.

On the other hand, I know a lot of girls that own multiple $300 purses so a $200 racket is not bad in comparison.

So in general, hey if you can afford it and she wants to play with it then go for it. It will make her happy and that's worth some money, even if she never plays up to the ability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks silentheart and druss, she really is a beginner but eager to learn and play. I know it might not be the best idea to get her the arc9. I'll try it too and post up what I think about the racket too :P

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ryim, why dun you get her a Arc9 clone eg the Apacs Edgesaber 9? Similar paintjob and cost approx. 1/3 of the Arc9. But would she be upset if its not Yonex?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast