Choosing a racket; to cover weakness or build strengths

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by CUTTER, Sep 28, 2008.

1. CUTTER

CUTTER Regular Member

student
    As the title says, i want to know whether i should choose a racket to enhance my strengths (control) or to make up for my weakness (power, rear court).

The two rackets i am looking at are the Arcsaber 7 for control and the Armortec 900 technique for a little of both.

I hope this wasnt covered in another thread but i really dont know what to search for!:)

I suppose i should give some more information:
    I love to control the pace of the game and move my opponent around a lot. my smashes are weak and are not definate winners except for the obvious kills. I therefore use placement rather than power. i dont think i have the wrong techique but i am just lazy to put 100% energy into a smash.

All i want to know is if it is wiser to get the Arcsaber 7 to build up on my control OR the Armortec 900T to get some "help" with my smashes.

Thank You in advance:D
    (my first thread yay!)

2. jerby

jerby Regular Member

If you think a different racket will cover up your weakness, or improve your strengths I'd say you put waaay to much thought into your equipment... (and think way to highly of said effect of said new goodies)

test/buy both, sell/return the one you didn't like... there really isn't much to it ;)
    If you ask around in your club you can probably find some people using one of those rackets, or a coach/trainer/person who is a reseller or something... who knows...

all the best
    -jerby

3. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    I think coaching and technique would be more important here. What is your current racket, string and tension?

4. gumpy_999

gumpy_999 Regular Member

I think he also wants a new racket cause it's really nice to have a new racket, so lets not tell him to go get more training.

Cutter - get a AT900T, my reasoning:
    1. it will definately help you clear from back court and smash harder.
    2. It's considered to be a pretty decent racket in terms on control anyway.

Note it is a head heavy racket so make sure that's ok with you... from watch other people, there seems to be a love/hate relationship with the amortecs cause of the head weight.

5. Smash _Drop

Smash _Drop Regular Member

promotor
    agree with gumpy..at900t, very good allround racket has it all, apart from very good defence in my opinion compared to some other rackets. make sure your into head heavy rackets as many people (notebly my club) prefere more blanced/headlight rackets