Summer is here... now if I could find myself places to play Baddy

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by TDotSmAsHer, Jun 20, 2002.

1. TDotSmAsHer

TDotSmAsHer Regular Member

Student Gr 11 in Sept.------- badminton player/ad
    Hrmm..... to people in Toronto..!!

Anyone know a good place to play in the summer???? ANYTIME at all.. doesn't have to be weekends and nighttime now dat I don't have school. Preferably cheap, not lots of people, mostly beginner to intermediates and acessible by TTC!!! Any suggestions?? :D

2. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    I am from Vancouver but was out in Toronto last summer and I ended playing through the summer at George Brown College (downtown). I believed that they play Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. Tues/Thurs are 7 to 10 pm and Sundays are 2 pm to 8 pm.

The coach at GBC, Kim Ng, runs the sessions and you have to provide your own feather birds. Drop in cost is $5.00 and I think it's $115 for the whole summer.

Players there are okay and of different levels. Some of the better players are pretty snobbish but if you are at their level, Kim can arrange games with you. Apparently when I was there last summer, one of Canada's top men player came out to play.

Good luck.

3. TDotSmAsHer

I c.... I don't play feather though... :( I'm also sorta beginner level.... and I think someone told me George Brown was full so didn't take guests or something now.. (Might be wrong.. I dunno) Therefore, if I would probably have a hard time getting people to play with unless I go with someone :D

4. Nanashi

Nanashi Regular Member

Student
    come to lees and get a 3 month membership.... and then u can just spend your ENTIRE summer there.... that's what a bunch of my friends did last year...

5. TDotSmAsHer

O... never thought of that.... Lee's sorta far but I can maybe get someone to gimme a ride there and if worse comes to worse i'll just take bus/subway bak :D

How much is the 3 month membership?

6. Nanashi

Nanashi Regular Member

Student
    dun remember.... i guess you could call... i dun remember the price... but i remember there was one at their old location (so i assume they have one at their new one.,)