Klippermate machine

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by bobbinbette, Sep 29, 2008.

1. bobbinbette

bobbinbette Regular Member

Hi, i've done a search and i've read a few things on the m140 from klippremate. but i still don't have an overall image of it. i want to start stringing (i've broken so many strings in the last year or 2 that i could buy a 500-700 dollar machine -_- ). I'm looking for a good beginner racket, but being a broke college student, i'm on a tight budget (under $200). I saw the klippermate and thought that it was a good choice but can i get some more feedback on it? I usually string up to 24lbs but 23 or 22 is also ok. Is that 2point system good?

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

I have been using M140 for both badminton and tennis for a while. I would say it gives you best bang for the buck. It is easy to use and mounting is quick. I am switching over to a electric machine right now. However, I do miss M140's compactness. 2 pt mounting is fine if you do not string over 30lb. It comes with all the tools you need too. Unlike other budget machine, you will have to buy fly clamps and other ttools. However, one minor pit fall is the clamp it comes with is not very good. I had suggestion to Klippermate before regarding the fly clamp. The owner told me that they will switch to Eagnas PN3050 or something similar (HiQua or MBS). With that issue, i will suggest you call and place order over the phone. Ask if they are giving you the new wide clamp or old narrow style clamp. Also, you may want to ask if they have a blemished M140 you can buy for cheaper price. Also, read the post on how Klippermat M140 string instruction.

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    If you use the machine for no more than 2-3 rackets per day, and you tension generally don't go beyond 28lbs, then it's a very good purchase. The 2 point system is fine if you do things carefully and correctly.

The user guide comes with the machine is very into detail, with pictures (even though, mine was with tennis racket as demo pictures). You should be able to get the concept pretty easily. SilentHeart has a great thread about M140 instructions and discussion, a must read if you decide to go with this machine, or any simple drop weight machines.

My suggestion is to purchase at least 2-4 Yonex / HQ flying clamps, as the ones with the package is not very great, and will give you trouble if you go beyond 23lbs.