Which victor racket to choose?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by darkwingduck, Sep 29, 2008.

1. darkwingduck

darkwingduck Regular Member

Nothing
    Hi :cool:

Recently I've searched for a new racket and read that victor rackets are worth the price.

I am (want to be) an single playing offensive player and searching for offensive type rackets (3U) from victor.

I will buy it from wingeebadminton.

I've searched the forum and couldn't find much info about them.

Good offensive rackets from victor I know are:

Power Waves 11/12
    Stiffness: Stiff/very stiff
    Balance: Head Heavy

Superwaves 31/32
    Stiffness: Stiffer than PW 12/A little less stiff than PW11
    Balance: Head light (?)

Super and Power waves stiffness in this order:
    PW11>SW31>PW12>SW32

Artery Tec Ti 99
    Stiffness: ?
    Balance: ?

Artery Tec Ti 95 Power
    Stiffness: ?
    Balance: ?

Anyone know anything about these rackets and can help me choose?
    I just want to buy one with much power to test and improve with it even if I can't handle it. :p

2. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Offensive Victor racquets are SW31, SW33P, Ti99, Ti95 Power and PW 12.

If you are able to lay your hand on the latest Brave Sword series, either the Limited (only 3U) edition or the 08 version, those are supposedly the stiffest and most head heavy racquet that Victor ever made.

3. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    get the SW31, stiff and good all-round balance. can get decent power.

4. limak

limak Regular Member

SW31 is definitely head heavy racket IMO. And my feeling from playing with it - powerful but demanding racket. You must play so precisely.

5. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    my SW31 has a b/p of 287mm, so it isn't head heavy. i have a power waves that has a b/p of 295mm, which i find it too hard to use for doubles play.

6. limak

limak Regular Member

OK, I didn´t measure real BP of my SW31. But I feel the balance of this racket comparable with my RSL X2 Gold.

7. roller

roller Regular Member

yes i agree its a demanding and stiff racket and more suitable for players with strong arms

8. 77suns

77suns Regular Member

-
    Yes get the SW 31 or SW33P. Tried SW31(3U), 32(3U), 33P/33C(4U). SW33P/C weighs the same as 31/32(3U) dont know why?! SW31 is even balance and 33P is slight more heavy head than 31. Although SW32 is more flex it has alot more power but need very good technique to smash than the rest which i find it most demanding of the 4. 33C is too flex more me.

#8 77suns, Oct 1, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  9. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

I spent almost an hour in Gala Sports on Tuesday comparing most of the victor rackets against the ashaways available. I thought the SW32 is a tad heftier than the SW33's but the SW33 is more head-heavy. In any case, both felt equally weighted when handled at the grip.

The SW33P had the nicest swing among all the rackets I tried but it was too stiff (for my wife) -- quite comparable to my Cab30 which IMHO has the sweetest swing. I was having such a hard time deciding until the boss showed me the 33C which nailed it for me.

Unlike the AT900T/P, the SW33C/P seems to only differ in shaft stiffness. The balance point, weight and swing characteristics of both felt exactly the same.

The 33C has quite a lot more flex than the 33P but is not exactly soft. It is only slightly more flexible than my fairly well used cab30's. The shaft is quite slim so I believe/hope it will soften up a bit more as it gets more used.

The racket is strung with BG85 to 20lbs. I swung it a lot at home during Hari Raya. Initial impression hitting a shuttle around are
    • Quite a powerful setup. There is a lot of bounce to the shuttle when hit hard (yeah, yeah, it's BG85 and 20lbs afterall).
    • HUGE HUGE sweetspot -- but my other rackets are all oval
    • Air-drag may be a problem
    • Lighter than the cab30 but more head-heavy giving it an almost equally smooth swing
    Remains to be seen how it performs in the field but that'll have to wait till SUNDAY!!! :crying:

10. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    weeyeh, out of interest how much did gala charge you for the 33c?

11. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    last time i asked, should be 149.

12. darkwingduck

Nothing
  13. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    The 33P is red and silver. I won't say that the 33P is a demanding racquet, there are racquets out there which are more demanding like the AT700, Ti10, RSL X2 Gold etc.

However, it is definitely not a racquet for beginner as it is quite stiff and head heavy. But if your basics are there, definitely a good racquet to use.

14. 77suns

77suns Regular Member

-
    Take note for SW, air drag is obvious comparing to almost all Yonex racket. Of the 4, 33P has the less air drag due to its head heaviness which is also my choice of the 4. Or try the Victor nano series which is equally good or better with less air drag IMO.

15. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

77Suns,

Just wondering how the air drag has affected your play?

1 more day before I can try it out..

16. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    I did a back to back comparison between my Carlton 9500 Nanolite (which is very aerodynamic) and the 33P which has a box frame.

The 9500 swings very fast, but I get a more powerful smash from the 33P though it doesn't swing as fast. Could be due to the 9500 being flexy but what I am trying to say is that the aerodynamic in this case did not adversely affect the power the racquet is able to generate.

BTW, I have seen the Brave Sword Limited edition, the case is very impressive even comes with a key to lock the case ! The gold color not very nice though, more like yellowish gold, unlike the chrome gold of the X2 Gold which I think is more attractive. Also though it is 3U, it definitely feels heavier than the specs suggested.

17. darkwingduck

Nothing
    what does air drag mean? air resistance?

18. Arcsaber

Arcsaber Regular Member

Student
    Yes, Air drag refers to air resistance.
    When you swing your racket across the air, you will feel that sometimes you are experiencing somekind of drag from the other side of the racket. This is caused by the air.. as your racket slices through it.

19. 77suns

77suns Regular Member

-
    Weeyah- air drag slow down the swing speed and affect timming so smashing can be bad. Wodcam did a review before and i share the same opinion.
    Perhaps i should say for me SW31 is light for me( comparing with Ti10) and handling is no problem.

I have all 4 SW (trade SW31 off recently) and i let some friends(intermediate) try it string 26lbs BG85 today. Opinion are divided between the 4.Unless you are very used to fast racket Ti10, nano8000 etc... Handling will be fine.

SW33P 4U with kakaral grip dual supergrip used almost all bp 295(heavy head minus) = 95g

Also i will not reccomend BG66 at 24lbs cause i can feel vibrations.

#19 77suns, Oct 5, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  20. 77suns

77suns Regular Member

-
    Also i will not reccomend BG66 at 24lbs cause i can feel vibrations.- correction i should say i am prefer hard feel string thats why the bias here. Bad me:(