User Tag List

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narnia View Post
    Some guy doesn't understand the point: Just check recent head-to-head scores among the top 3 only: KOR, INA, CHN. Only that tells the true story who has fear against who, if you have any understanding of that the fear and confidence is the ultimate fighting source for the real top rankers.
    LOL....the head to head record between Kido/Hendra and all these pairs don't indicate that they are inferior or will fear any of those pairs

Oh...are u admiting now that Jung/Lee are fearful of the European pairs, like what you wrote earlier? Remember, Paaske/Rasmussen did beat Jung/Lee in the Thomas Cup? But but but..u can argue that Paake/Rasmussen are no longer a top fear so, the Korean pair didn't fear them? But.....look at what happen at the Olympics? LOL.....ah...so contradictory....LOL.

Instead, I think Kido/Hendra did fear Koo/Tan because of the atrocious head-to-head of 0-6 against the MAS pair. Yet, that fear didn't translate into a defeat, instead, the INA pair was so motivated to beat their nemesis and eventually overcame all odds and won! Similarly, losing twice to Jung/Lee earlier this year doesn't mean that the INA pair will lose again, should these 2 pairs met in the Olympics SF.

Once again fear != no confidence != defeat, because the INA pair proved that's not true anyway
    Last edited by badMania; 10-28-2008 at 07:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post

........Instead, I think Kido/Hendra did fear Koo/Tan because of the atrocious head-to-head of 0-6 against the MAS pair. Yet, that fear didn't translate into a defeat, instead, the INA pair was so motivated to beat their nemesis and eventually overcame all odds and won! Similarly, losing twice to Jung/Lee earlier this year doesn't mean that the INA pair will lose again, should these 2 pairs met in the Olympics SF.

I was just about to mention this part, you beat me to it . In one Semi Finals match against KKK/TBH in 2007, their coach kept saying "jangan terburu-buru" (dont be hasty). In OG I think they decided not to "terburu-buru" anymore or they will the ones who will be "diburu".

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badadum View Post
    In the last 2 years:
    MK/HS vs LYD/JJS = 3-3
    MK/HS vs CY/FHF 3-1
    CY/FHF vs LYD/JJS = 3-2
    Psst...since someone is so up to head-to-head, I went back and check the records dating back to Dec 2006:
    Fu/Cai vs Jung/Lee = 3-1 (in fact, the Thomas Cup victory was the first for the Korean in the past 2 years).

Oh....Luluk/Alvent vs Jung/Lee = 2-0 Wow....I guess Jung/Lee must be fearful of Luluk/Alvent too

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Psst...since someone is so up to head-to-head, I went back and check the records dating back to Dec 2006:
    Fu/Cai vs Jung/Lee = 3-1 (in fact, the Thomas Cup victory was the first for the Korean in the past 2 years).

Oh....Luluk/Alvent vs Jung/Lee = 2-0 Wow....I guess Jung/Lee must be fearful of Luluk/Alvent too
    Now we know why he wants to limit the head to head vs the top 3 alone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the last 2 years:
    MK/HS vs LYD/JJS = 3-3
    MK/HS vs CY/FHF 3-1
    CY/FHF vs LYD/JJS = 3-2

OG Gold -> MK/HS = 1 (LYD/JJS = 0, CY/FHF = 0)
    World Championship title -> MK/HS = 1 (LYD/JJS = 0, CY/FHF = 1).

Why should MK/HS fear anyone? They're the #1 ranked pair, the world champion and the OG Gold medalist.
    They don't fear a pair that they beat for the gold medal, and certainly nothing to fear from a pair that can't even make it pass the 1st round of the olympic, especially now since one half of that pair can't even commit to badminton full time.
    The same reason that boleh fans believe Lin Dan fears LCW...LOL
    If you want the answer, you may have to watch more X-files

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, didn't know we' were discussing nothing but $$$ here....

Compare Jonas/Lars's current form to their World Champion's year and even they will admit there's a difference. No one is immune to the effect of aging. And by badminton's standard, they do qualify for the "uncle" status.
    Nonetheless, I seriously doubt they're as petty as you think.

MK/HS will be fine. They have accomplished a great task continuing INA's gold tradition and they did receive handsome reward for it. They also still have years to improve their skills and achievement.
    WOW... you definitely don't appreciate a joke at all.
    I thought by putting Hafiz Hashim in that equation was enough to imply that my previous post was nothing more than a joke, but I guess not to everyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The real sad part of reality is that no matter how dominant or how many titles MK/HS can be/win... they can only be recognize as great badminton players, but not superstars or celebrities like Lin Dan, Beckham, Federer, and etc.

The cruel of reality remains that besides being great at the sport you choose, appearance(market-ability) is needed in order to reach even a higher level of success(in terms of $$$ and fame).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bananakid View Post
    The real sad part of reality is that no matter how dominant or how many titles MK/HS can be/win... they can only be recognize as great badminton players, but not superstars or celebrities like Lin Dan, Beckham, Federer, and etc.

The cruel of reality remains that besides being great at the sport you choose, appearance(market-ability) is needed in order to reach even a higher level of success(in terms of $$$ and fame).
    More like being marketable at a particular sport. Afterall, what exactly did Anna Kournikova achieved during her entire career?
    Contrast her reputation with the number of people in Asia who would know who Bode Miller is, or the same folks in North America who can tell what sport Viswanāthan Anand is the champion of.

Then again, what does all of these got to do with badminton?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anand is world Chess Champion

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bananakid View Post

Bottom line is this:
    MK/HS has not reached the level of success of:

1. LCW (who is now a datuk)
    2. LD (who is now making millions of $$$)
    3. LYB (who is now controlling the biggest badminton team in the world)
    4. Hafiz Hashim (who has made more $$$ from winning 1 AE than MK/HS for winning a lot more tournaments)
    5. 1992 MAS thomas cup team (who even got land as reward)

LOL...
    hey dude, welcome back..
    right now, we are talking about MK/HS, bright future ahead..?
    not talking about LCW, LYB, HH, MAS TC team 1992..bla bla bla..
    pls dont get it wrong, dude..
    im afraid u got it wrong this time..
    lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grunfeld View Post
    Anand is world Chess Champion
    dang! there`s again..
    what are u trying to tell us here?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MK/HS are the best of the best..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys here are saying that they are all from INA.
    - I meant "recent" as "this year" of 2008 if you rightly understand current nature of badminton world.
    - in 2006, 2007, LYD was just 17~19 yrs old under learning the styles of the world top players as I told, if you want to still live in the past. (Even when he got his first Olympic Gold, he was still 19 yrs old. Did anyone achieve this when he or she was teen? I don't know. The reason I say this is he has an excuse why he lost to the danes. In 2008, he conquered the asian styles of INA, MAS, and CHN.)
    - The point is: Why MK/HS lost to JJS/LYD two times in a row this year??? any answer? Just watch the videos again. Will you say... "NOW it's different.. they are not like KKK/TBH..."?? (I'm not saying about the danes. Just head-to-head between them.)
    They should still have fears for JJS/LYD wondering if they can win next, although it might be reduced a bit after Olympic.
    Last edited by narnia; 10-29-2008 at 11:24 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narnia View Post
    Guys here are saying that they are all from INA.
    - I meant "recent" as "this year" of 2008 if you rightly understand current nature of badminton world.
    - in 2006, 2007, LYD was just 17~19 yrs old under learning the styles of the world top players as I told, if you want to still live in the past. (Even when he got his first Olympic Gold, he was still 19 yrs old. Did anyone achieve this when he or she was teen? I don't know. The reason I say this is he has an excuse why he lost to the danes. In 2008, he conquered the asian styles of INA, MAS, and CHN.)
    - The point is: Why MK/HS lost to JJS/LYD two times in a row this year??? any answer? Just watch the videos again. Will you say... "NOW it's different.. they are not like KKK/TBH..."?? (I'm not saying about the danes. Just head-to-head between them.)
    They should still have fears for JJS/LYD wondering if they can win next, although it might be reduced a bit after Olympic.
    CONQUERED? I don't know how you learn English over there in Korea but here's a hint, the meaning of conquered usually consist MUCH more than 2 wins (or in the case of CY/FHF, 1 win). Besides, LYD/JJS already lost 2 in a rows against Luluk/Alvent (most recent being in your home turf nevertheless). How on earth can you say they conquered the asian styles if they can't even win against an INA pair that's now disbanded due to lack of performance??

Why can't we compare LYD/JJS record against the Danes? Perhaps because they've quite an abysmal record and being "CONQUERED" by the veteran Danish pair? Afraid to see the truth ?

Living in the past? Fact is LYD/JJS failed miserably at their last international event, whihc just happen to be the #1 event in the badminton world, that's barely 2 months ago. How's that for recent glory? And what did JJS got for reward? An enlistment in the army too boot.
    Last edited by badadum; 10-29-2008 at 06:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CONQUERED? I don't know how you learn English over there in Korea, but here's a hint, the meaning of conquered usually consist MUCH more than 2 wins (or in the case of CY/FHF, 1 win). Besides, LYD/JJS already lost 2 in a rows against Luluk/Alvent (most recent being in your home turf nevertheless). How on earth can you say they conquered the asian styles if they can't even win against an INA pair that's now disbanded due to lack of performance??
    Yeah right....the unbeatable KOR pair mastered the art of beating the Asian pairs and only ended up being CONQUERED by the Danes (0-2 THIS YEAR ALSO)....so I assume they will FEAR the Danes a lot....a lot... a lot.... How ironic the world is....u just can't enjoy the best of both worlds......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go and read what I wrote if you have difficulty to understand what I meant.

I know we are discussing about MK/HS's future and I am arguing their major obstacle should be JJS/LYD as we saw their matches this year, (if you understand THIS year's results are MORE meaningful than last year's to predict future). I'm talking about head-to-head between the two teams. Why are you saying 3rd parties? (I can also mention all losts of MK/HS if you need.) Still can't understand???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah right....the unbeatable KOR pair mastered the art of beating the Asian pairs and only ended up being CONQUERED by the Danes (0-2 THIS YEAR ALSO)....so I assume they will FEAR the Danes a lot....a lot... a lot.... How ironic the world is....u just can't enjoy the best of both worlds......
    Yeah, I admit they was Conquered by the danes. But I'm just talking about against MK/HS as this thread is for that. Can't I???

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast