User Tag List

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 103 to 119 of 198
  1. #103
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Area 51
    Posts
    2,656
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by narnia View Post
    Yeah, you got it. Even they have teams they have burden in their mind - like Lars/Jonas. I am just talking about H-2-H because this is a thread for MK/HS's future. I try to predict their future mainly reflecting this year's matches between them. (If anyone knows MK or HS, please ask one of them who they are thinkg is the biggest burden in their mind. That's my motive for this argument.)
    I don't know why you're so obsessed with this H-2-H things.

    Before the Olympics, Koo/Tan of Malaysia held perfect 6-0 H-2-H record against MK/HS. That makes, in your term, Koo/Tan conquered MK/HS, and therefore, MK/HS have tremendous fear (and burden) of them.

    Anyway, they met again each others in OG. Even I predicted that they would lose for the 7th time. However, surely you know the result, don't you?

    Oh, BTW, today, they beat Koo/Tan once more.

  2. #104
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    DKF
    Posts
    1,431
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    I don't know why you're so obsessed with this H-2-H things.

    Before the Olympics, Koo/Tan of Malaysia held perfect 6-0 H-2-H record against MK/HS. That makes, in your term, Koo/Tan conquered MK/HS, and therefore, MK/HS have tremendous fear (and burden) of them.

    Anyway, they met again each others in OG. Even I predicted that they would lose for the 7th time. However, surely you know the result, don't you?

    Oh, BTW, today, they beat Koo/Tan once more.
    (Yeah, I also saw the game today. K/T always lose like that in rubber set. They seem to need more special concentration at the final stage of each game, IMHO.)

    Yeah, I'm obsessed with H2H, especially "most recent" H2H history because in sports like badminton there is some kind of "momentum" as you know. I tend to predict future with short-term records between them.

    BTW, the 6-0 record btw INA and MAS looks not reflecting recent ones. Can you let me know when the last two matches happened among the 6-0 between them? (IMO, the MAS has shown no improvement especially this year as they have lost to many different teams.)

    Yeah, I know it's alreday been five months the KOR and INA played so the momentum thing might have been diminished. But still I think there is none other team except the KOR who can beat INA. I'd like to see if the momentum has changed or still remains in their next matches.

  3. #105
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,304
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LYD/JJS pairing won't even exist next year..... Any further arguments is no longer valid.

  4. #106
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Area 51
    Posts
    2,656
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by narnia View Post
    ....................................
    Yeah, I'm obsessed with H2H, especially "most recent" H2H history because in sports like badminton there is some kind of "momentum" as you know. I tend to predict future with short-term records between them.
    I see. Poor you.
    People keep reflecting on the past glory can never progress further forward.

    You can see this in Indonesia football. One of Asia's powerhouse in 70s, even managed to hold Soviet Union (world class football nation that time) into a draw, it is become national embarrassment nowadays. 139th place in FIFA latest rank, can you believe it?

    H2H is nothing more but past statistics for me. 0-2. Alright. So what?
    Professional athletes should see that as a mean to motivate themselves. That's all, at least for me. Fear of meeting them again? LOLOL

    Quote Originally Posted by narnia View Post
    ....................................
    Yeah, I know it's alreday been five months the KOR and INA played so the momentum thing might have been diminished. But still I think there is none other team except the KOR who can beat INA. I'd like to see if the momentum has changed or still remains in their next matches.
    Er, there's still these great people in People's Republic of China national badminton team.


    Oh, if you happen to meet Jung Jae-sung in his boot camp, tell him I say hello.
    Last edited by Jagdpanther; 11-02-2008 at 06:11 AM.

  5. #107
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,428
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    OT here:
    Taufik Hidayat vs Lee Chong Wei -- 2-0 in just less than a month time.
    CHN pairs vs Lars Paaske/Jonas Rasmussen -- 2-0 in just a week time

    Taufik Hidayat HAS CONQUERED Lee Chong Wei
    CHN pairs HAVE CONQUERED Paaske/Rasmussen.

    Statistics....how we love them them.....

  6. #108
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Planet of Lords
    Posts
    7,837
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    IMHO. HHB/YY will be the only pair which can challenge MK/HS to the maximum
    Only if they were to allow to compete of course

  7. #109
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Area 51
    Posts
    2,656
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    Taufik Hidayat HAS CONQUERED Lee Chong Wei
    CHN pairs HAVE CONQUERED Paaske/Rasmussen.
    Hahaha! C'mon, please stop it... Very funny!
    Coincidence or not, I'm playing Command & CONQUER PC game right now!

  8. #110
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,428
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The World and Olympics Champions has won another Super Series title in Europe, which makes it 2 out of 2 in the past 2 weeks. The next target will obviously be the Super Series FINAL.

    Out of the 12 Super Series events, Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan have won 7 of them....these are the 5 remaining yet to be won:
    (1) Korea
    (2) All-England (most important target next year)
    (3) Swiss
    (4) Singapore (surprise surprise.....the Singapore SS title has been quite elusive for the INA pair)
    (5) Japan

    Let's see if they can win at least 2-3 of these next year to complete their collection.

  9. #111
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indonesia & UK
    Posts
    368
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    badmania, dont forget indonesian super series...they won ina open back in 2005 reached final in 2006, lost to kkk/tbh in 2007, lost to candra/tony in 2008
    so overall, there are still 6 SS titles up for grabs...

  10. #112
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,613
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Bright future...

    MK/HS seem to be trying to make my prediction reality...

  11. #113
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,011
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    The World and Olympics Champions has won another Super Series title in Europe, which makes it 2 out of 2 in the past 2 weeks. The next target will obviously be the Super Series FINAL.


    (2) All-England (most important target next year).....
    .
    Ah... my friend, also the Asian Games Gold in 2010, to complete the collection of winning the 4 major events.

  12. #114
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,428
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Ah... my friend, also the Asian Games Gold in 2010, to complete the collection of winning the 4 major events.
    That's still 2 years down the road

    The short-term target will still be the All-England title and a few more Super Series titles to complete the collection. Team titles like Sudirman Cup and Thomas Cup will be important too

  13. #115
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    Too bad the Tournamentsoftware.com didn't provide livescoring for 2008 OG.
    I'll be more than happy to crop and paste LYD/JJS 2nd round defeat in the hand of Lars/Jonas of Denmark.
    no...thats is at 1st round...

  14. #116
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    we all know lyd is a great talent...but...currently on md...kido/setiawan is surely the best of the best......hehe...

    p/snly koo/tan manage to steel 1 set from them after their JO(am i right?) defeat...

  15. #117
    Regular Member huangkwokhau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    18,436
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    MK/HS won 3 Super series in a row, mtaching Sony's..winning China Masters,DENmark and French Open.

  16. #118
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,428
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    MK/HS won 3 Super series in a row, mtaching Sony's..winning China Masters,DENmark and French Open.
    Actually, they had done it earlier, with the China, Hong Kong and then Malaysia Super Series. This will be their 2nd 3-in-a-row.

  17. #119
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,428
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    we all know lyd is a great talent...but...currently on md...kido/setiawan is surely the best of the best......hehe...

    p/snly koo/tan manage to steel 1 set from them after their JO(am i right?) defeat...
    Cho/Yoo and Rian/Yoke (in Japan Open), Cai/Xu (in Denmark Open) managed force Kido/Hendra to rubber-sets.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Bright Red Wilson K Factor Pro Tour Bag - Singapore Only
    By jackson_ngo in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 2
    : 08-16-2011, 12:56 AM
  2. Burning bright top of the world
    By Pete LSD in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 4
    : 05-10-2008, 04:36 AM
  3. Making spirits bright - Merry Xmas 2007 !!!
    By chris-ccc in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 115
    : 12-27-2007, 06:22 PM
  4. The future is bright
    By ants in forum Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2006
    Replies: 50
    : 05-08-2006, 07:33 AM
  5. Thinking ahead
    By Wizbit in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 8
    : 05-24-2005, 08:35 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •