MK/HS: Bright future ahead?

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by ye333, Sep 29, 2008.

1. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Considering the situation of other top MDs:

CY/FHF: CY will retire in 1 or 2 years, and they will be split and partnered with other players in various events; The smashing power of FHF is going downhill, and there is no new FHF appearing in China;

CTF/LWW: Not existing anymore;

KKK/TBH: Almost non-existing now;

JJS/LYD: Heard that JJS will join the army as he doesn't have an Olympic medal; Furthermore he will be like 28 when he returns. So this pair can be crossed out too.

JR/LP: Getting old.

Other pairs: not as good as the above;

Young guns: haven't seen any pair as good as the above pairs when they were young; More specifically, so far there is no new FHF in China, there is no new LYD in Korea, there is no new KKK or TBH in Malaysia (remember that KKK caught our eyes back in 2004 and has already become a top MD back in 2005), and there is no new JR/LP in Denmark.

Conclusion: there doesn't seem to be any serious threat to MK/HS at least in the next 2 years. Can they create history by winning 09, 10 WC? :confused:

2. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

CY/FHF - 1 - 2 years is a long time and who knows if we are not going to see some better players to rise. Meanwhile, CY/FHF is still very competitive. (I remember Chen Xu is a very hard hitter too, but didn't get to see his matches much)

CTW/LWW: All the best to the both of them. Salute.

KKK/TBH: Chances are, they might bounce back. (When they find a cue for the Yoyo virus)

JJS/LYD: Without JJS, LYD is still very lethal by itself. A new partnership with LJJ or HJM can still be deadly. And as much as I remembered, Korea has never fell short with good men double players.

JR/LP: They are still in form, as of now.

I think you're coming down to a conclusion to quickly. And I still strongly believe that LYD can post a lot of threat no matter who he is partnering with. And don't forget the Japanese and Chinese Taipai pairs that has created a lot of upset over last year too, they are improving rapidly.

Conclusion: MD is still flaming hot in terms of competitions.

3. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Basically we are talking about the two sides of the same situation. There is no denying that the only mature (but not old!) top pair in the following few years is MK/HS. I doubt KKK/TBH can bounce back soon. Remember CSK/YKH? It's hard to "bounce back" when confidence in each other has lost.

Regarding Chen Xu, yes he hits pretty hard. But I don't think he's anywhere close to FHF used to be -- hitting unbelievably hard smashes in very difficult situations. It's like, when ZB/GL entered the stage, ZB fans said ZB can smash almost as hard as ZJ, but they are really comparing ZB's hardest smashes with ZJ's average ones, and indeed, ZB's threat to the female opponent is much smaller than ZJ's.

Yes LYD/LJJ may be a very strong pair. Let's see whether Korea will do that or not.

We should remember that top pairs do not suddenly appear from nowhere. There are always signs. KKK was a top MD as far back as 2005. LP attended the 2000 Olympics. LYD was a phenomenon even before he entered the scene. The only exception may be CY/FHF, but I really don't see anyone now can smash as crazily as FHF used to do, not even close... :cool:

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Just throwing away my 3 sens rupiah (oh wait, found another 1 sen rupiah)..

..don't forget the MAS pair of Fuzzy..CHN's new pairs??..and the JPN pairs??..LYD might get a new partner (who knows how many untested KOR MD pairs are still in hiding or in the stable ready to be unleashed)??...And perhaps other INA pairs??..and maybe European pairs (DEN??)??...For sure, the MD competition landscape will be quite different in the next 4 yrs. which is all cool!:cool:

Though, i would somewhat agree, Markis & Hendra's peak & bright yrs are just in front of them (i would say usually between 24-28 yrs. old).:cool:

#4 ctjcad, Sep 29, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  5. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    These are MD pairs that we should consider or watch as I have seen them play:

a.Boe/Morgensen....they are getting better each year
    b.Zakry/Tazari
    c.Cho Gun Woo/Yoo Y.Seong
    d.ng Soon Hok/Hoon Thien How
    I forgot another KOR pair..

I think China will find another pair, at least at same level as CY/FHF

6. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I highly doubt the last statement... :cool:

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Btw..^^

..i must say i'm a bit surprised to see your name as the creator of this thread...I always thought our badMania would be the one to open up a thread on his fave MD pair..:confused:......
    Nevermind, i'm sure he'll be scribbling his own praises on the duo (and their future), once he sees this thread..;)

8. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I still believe that we will see many new MD pairs within a year....

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

ye333 is a sharp observer too ;)

The following MD pairs that I think will be able to rise to the occassion:
    1. Cho Gun Woo/Yoo Yeon Seong -- that is if Cho Gun Woo is not partnering his old partner in the junior days (Lee Yong Dae). They scare the hell out of the Olympics Champions last week, nearly winning the match.
    2. Kwon Yi Goo/Ko Sung Hyun -- another one to watch out here.
    3. Mathias Boe/Carsten Mogensen -- with the retirement of Eriksen/Hansen, they are the de-facto no 2. Remember also that Danish pairs usually take time to mature and this year, Boe/Mogensen have already beaten Tony/Candra, which is a sign of their improvement. Furthermore, they are now ranked at no 8.
    4. Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari/Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif -- still inconsistent in that they won 2 SS in a row, and followed that up with 2 early exits.
    5. Fang Chieh-Min/Lee Sheng-Mu -- both are still young and I am impressed with this pair.

Obviously other INA pairs are also gonna rise up too and I personally prefer another INA pair to lift the World Championships title next year.

However, Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan need to win a European title as they still have yet to win anything. The All-England and Sudirman Cup will be important targets next year, followed by the Asian Games Gold in 2010.

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm...there are many good pair rising...

11. jutawin

jutawin Regular Member

Student
    MK/HS have their peak performance now..
    Only indonesia & korea who ever won olympic MD gold medals. China difficult to make good MD pair. Malaysia have many pairs, need to find new partnerships to compete.

12. Yong_Hui

Yong_Hui Regular Member

Accountant
    MK/HS is good pair.......
    But, to fast to say they have bright future ahead...
    They will be a big target to be beaten by other pairs all over the world.....
    MK/HS need to prove that they can win any tourney in Euro.....

13. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

hmm..dont foreget bona and ahsan too..

14. hiltonmoreira9

hiltonmoreira9 Regular Member

student
    rian sukmawan and yonathan dasuki?
    they're great!

15. abesadi

abesadi Regular Member

student
    Dont forget other ina md junior, in pelatnas and djarum..

#15 abesadi, Sep 30, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  16. abesadi

abesadi Regular Member

student
    Yeah, many talented md pair will be rising in the future..

I hope bona/ahsan became mature and win some title next year..

And the biggest rival of ina md will be korea with lyd, cho gun woo and others (mas, china and danes will be though rival also)

17. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Just watched China Masters SF

Scary performance from MK/HS. HS could control the shuttle with ease and change the pace even during lightning-fast flat drive exchanges... :eek:

The most scary thing about this pair is, even thought they are already at the top of the world, they are still calmly improving...

18. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I haven't watched the match yet :rolleyes: They were playing against Hendra A. Gunawan/Joko Riyadi in the China Masters SF and won easily in straight sets.

I still think that at his best, only a very fit Lee Yong Dae can beat Hendra Setiawan at the net.

19. No one

No one Regular Member

what about hwang ji man and lee jae jin? I think, when they are on form, that they are better than LYD and his partner...., esp LJJ. (yes I know they lost to LYD in the all england, but still...it was pretty close)

20. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Watched the game.....Hendra Setiawan was absolutely superb in his performance. His control of the game, touches, and emotion on the field were just unbelievable :eek: Certainly getting better with times :eek: Meanwhile, Markis Kido was as usual....raining down smashes from the back and sometimes coming up front too to show that he could be as good as Hendra :rolleyes: Some small mistakes here and there from the World and Olympics Champions...but overall, their performance was simply irresistable :cool:

On the other hand, Hendra A. Gunawan/Joko Riyadi basically had no answers to match the World No 1 (despite the fact that they had been training together for so long). They were once leading 1-2 pts...but that was brushed off easily and they were back to trailing in no time. Totally outclassed and I think the coaches need to shuffle this partnership :eek: