New Racquet help - im clueless =D

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Matteh11, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Matteh11

Matteh11 Regular Member

Hey, well i'm new to the forum. I've played badminton for around 2 years now, and also a lot of tennis and im finally getting the balance between the 2 fairly even now. I'm starting to play in matches for my club and well i'm looking for a new racquet, now im clueless at whats good and whats not, can anybody give me some pointers in what to look for and the difference between different weights, flexibility etc. Ideally I'd like something thats got a mix of power and control, ive been looking at the Yonex mp 99, or AT700 are these racquets any good, and will it be suited to me?

Thanks ;)

#1 Matteh11, Sep 29, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  2. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    What is your playing style? What is your current racket? What is your budget?

3. BadJunkie

BadJunkie Regular Member

are u brand concious? seems like u only wants yonex racquetS? well if u want both power and control... check out at900T, and if money aint an issue u can also try arc10.. but alot of ppl say power is lacking... for me i can say that im satisfied with the power... =) power is nothing without control =) heavier the weight usually u can clear easier and smash harder.. however higher weight usually is used for singles... the stiffer the racquet the harder to use but more power can be extracted out by smashing... u should also try out head heavy, even balanced and head light racquet so then at least u know what it all feels like... just a brief outline.. head heavy is good for smashing but gets tiring over time.. even balanced can defend well and not lose too much smash power... head light is good for defending but weakest for attacking... what do u play? singles? doubles??

4. Matteh11

Matteh11 Regular Member

I'm not brand concious, i was looking at babolat racquets, i dont really know much about the different brands etc.

I'm more of an all-round player, last racquet that is now broke was a wilson ncode, i have no budget, but have been told yonex is too much money for what your getting :p, but I don't know if thats true or not. Also i play doubles mainly, rarely singles.

cheers

5. Matteh11

Matteh11 Regular Member

I'm now tied between Nanospeed 9000 or AT 700, any help please :p

6. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    If you HAVE to get a top of the line racquet, then NS9000S is probably the best bet, because it's balanced well and has good power and is good for most people to play with. However, you should check up on technique and stuff first; they'll help you perform better than if you just get a new racquet.

BTW, power and control comes from the player. Every racquet works differently with different people. So called "attacking" racquets are only good if you feel the most comfortable using them to attack. "control" racquets are only good if you enjoy the feel and response they give you. I may have better power with an AT700 but you may get better power from an ARC7, because we're different people.

I'd say, try out first, see what makes you feel the most comfortable, and then buy from there. If not, then pick something like AT500, NS9000S, and try to figure out a style on your own.