User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: discrimination

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by kwun
    thank you Matt, you just illustrated my point. in those links, there are more signature and general garbage than actual content!

3/4 of the page was just unneccessary content. do you really want to visit such a forum?
    Well yes, but that page is still maintained pretty well and they know the limits of those options. I would visit that page because I get good information from there. I also have knowlege in computers so I wouldn't mind helping out and reading the sigs on every user because some of the sigs have their computer specs (even the link provided) which are useful for solving their problems. Also there are a lot of people there who are registered which means it's pretty good.

I guess you can have some options enabled and give them a try at least?
    Last edited by Matt; 04-26-2002 at 05:37 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

no Matt, we are here to talk about badminton, we are not here to make the forum fancy and pretty (or ugly, IMO). we don't need long useless signatures. period.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh ok.

But fix the delete option plz =).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To Yogi :

Thanks for honoring me but I am not in USA!

I live in Kuala Lumpur Msia.

I couldn't register more info as the local ISP is so bad that

lines keep getting cut off after a few minutes and had to register quickly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kwun mate,

I suggested so many plp because i did not want inflated ego's to be burst here and thereby lose members who also contribute.

I am more than Happy with 3 and i would def say that Ur choices were excellent. I would picked Mag and Cheung if i was in ur position. I think the best level headed fellows in the forum.

prob we should not give any status to anyone except for the 3 of u. No body would have Questioned u abt why u gave the moderator thing to them.

I think whatever thing that u come up with is still going to cause some clashes as there are a lot of young energetic plp with loads of Ego.

I know u call ur self eternally young, but still..

So take away this member thing and retain the nomenclature for the 3 of U.

Sorry if my post suggested u that u shoudl have more moderators.That was not my intention. It was just to be PC and defuse the ego hassel that was building up.

I hope i make sense

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default In defence of moderation

1. This is my shout abt things. First and foremost i really dont care whether i am Junior, senior or moderator. All i hope is that none of U moderators kick me out."

2. About mods, there should be at least 5. Well how come the asking to be a mod was never brought up in the forms? Unless it was brought up in general forms.... I wouldn't know."

3. I would sure like to be one since I come here very often"

4. more moderators will create chaos.

5. Well yes, but that page is still maintained pretty well and they know the limits of those options. I would visit that page because I get good information from there. I also have knowlege in computers so I wouldn't mind helping out and reading the sigs on every user because some of the sigs have their computer specs (even the link provided) which are useful for solving their problems. Also there are a lot of people there who are registered which means it's pretty good.

6. So take away this member thing and retain the nomenclature for the 3 of U

EXTRA THOUGHTS:
    1. An excellent attitude to have. The point of the forum is not for status but discuss badminton related issues. Let your knowledge and search for knowledge show what person you are.

2. Answered by point 4. It would be extremely chaotic in the first instance. To implement a radically new system, one must not expect things to proceed smoothly, or perfectly for the first time (though this would be an admirable objective). Fine tuning of the system is needed and if there are too many people doing the tuning..........imagine the consequences.

3. Not a valid reason for being a moderator. There are other qualities needed which were decided by the administrator. In fact, I don't know the requirements myself!

4. see answer 2

5. Are those options relevant to badminton?

6. We'll think about that.

Some qualities(in no particular order) which I would look for in a moderator IF the website was owned by me (and I don't own this website)

a) Maturity
    b) indepth knowledge of badminton techniques
    c) impartiality
    d) patience
    e) ability to refrain from impulsive posts (i.e. think before you act)
    f) tolerance, up to a certain point
    g) logical reasoning and clear approach to problems
    h) communication skills
    i) assess evidence and rumours in a non-biased manner
    j) decleration of conflict of interest
    k) accept an invitation to be moderator. People who request would be considered
    m) stimulate interest in badminton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yogi:
    Thanks for nominating me but as you've said, it doesn't matter if I'm the moderator or member whatever. If you like badminton, just post in here! I mean, whatever for care what is your status unless you have an inferiority complex?
    Also, I'm quite young @ 20 this yr. Not much in depth knowledge and maturity as yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Mate,

U dont behave like a 20Yr old atleast in the forum.I did not nominate the others as i believed that they were too young. I presumed that u were Quite old like gladius.

Cheung,

U just exhibited why u are a moderator. If this does not silence someone out there then they can never be silenced.

I am sorry but i again lay emphasis on the fact that only the 3 of u should hold positions, as this demon might resurface sometime later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think we should just let kwun decide
    he used to do it all himself.

kwun you're doing a great job keep up the good work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I believe that Kwun should choose the mods. I'm an admin at a message board that uses the same software, I don't really do anything at all. Though, we don't get the same amount of immaturity.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

what Cheung said.

i took away the title part. so no one will have any titles anymore. i think Moderators and Admin still have title. i will find a way to get rid of them too....

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ok. so no one is being shown as anything. no "Member", "Moderator", "Administrator", etc. i also took out the "Member Joined since ...." line. i think that is meaningless as well.

thanks all for talking about badminton again.

what Cheung said.

i took away the title part. so no one will have any titles anymore. i think Moderators and Admin still have title. i will find a way to get rid of them too....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok. so no one is being shown as anything. no "Member", "Moderator", "Administrator", \

Well Moderator and Admin should have titles. I would agree with member being taken out because it's redundant seeing it over and over from user to another user.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2