discrimination

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by olli, Apr 26, 2002.

1. olli

olli Regular Member

medicine
    northern germany, in beautiful but rainy hamburg
    hey, why do I have to be "junior member", while almost all of the other users seem to be moderators. That's not fair. Just imagine, that I want to show the new forum to my girlfriend and she finds out, that I'm only a "junior" - it's a shame. What should I tell her? It's only, because I don't waste that much time hanging around here and haven't posted that many threads?:rolleyes:

2. Nic

Nic Regular Member

BCBF Member
    I think you got it wrong. Look around, we are all junior member.
    We have only 2 moderators. Those people are specially assigned to help Kwun keeping the forum organize.

There is nothing to be ashame about and there is nothing to show off. no offense. :p

p/s: spend more time to figure how this new forum works.

3. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Now that we are here

This is my shout abt things. First and foremost i really dont care whether i am Junior, senior or moderator. All i hope is that none of U moderators kick me out.

I would want to nominate some plp from the respective regions so as to not have an EGO war going on here.

From my observation for the past 2 yrs or so i have seen plp write from Canada,USA,Europe,HK and Singapore.

So my nominees from the respective areas would be

Canada- Kelvin, peter, Cooler and DON
    USA- Kwun and BBN
    Europe- Magnus the magician( i hope u have some fakes up ur sleeve)
    Hk- Cheung
    Singapore- Gladius,Mongoose and Modious

I guess we should not have 2 many moderators. I suppose u will pick one from each region.

What do u guys say?

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    olli, please be patient, by early next week, all the old threads will be migrated over, and you will suddenly have many more posts to your credit.

as for the "Junior Member" title, i have wanted to change those, but i haven't came up with a good name yet. let me think more. meanwhile, i will change the threshold so people will quickly move away from "Junior".

and as Nic said, there are only two Moderators and one Administrator, there are many more regular members!

5. ^shaz^

^shaz^ Regular Member

what about me im from europe :D hehe

6. ^shaz^

^shaz^ Regular Member

Re: Re: discrimination

We should come up with diff levels in term of rankings ...

starting from junior member, member, etc etc depending on the number of posts someone makes, this may make ppl start to spam a lot but im sure the admins are just as active as most and would make sure this doesnt happen, it will also give people incentive to write more..

These titles should be some funny things to bring a bit of humor up in here :D ;)

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Re: Now that we are here

Yogi. it is not a bad idea. however, i think too many moderators will create a chaos.

as for geographical distribution, right now, we have Mag, Cheung and I. Mag is from Europe, Cheung is from Asia, and I am sitting here in America.

right now, i think 3 is the correct number (hey, i used to handle all these stuff alone), when we grow so much that we can't cope, i will surely add more.

we will all try to serve you guys as best as we could, and i hope you trust us on that.

kwun

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Re: Re: Re: discrimination

i agree. they should be badminton related and interesting.

but i haven't come up with anything yet. :)

however, i did change the threshold of going from Junior Member->Member to only 10 posts. so most of us will have a "Member" title.

and as i said, when all the post migrated over by next week, most people will have many more posts (if they stuck with their old name)

9. ^shaz^

^shaz^ Regular Member

one should be super smasher :)

10. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Well Yogi, you forgot about me (Canada). I posted here a long time ago.

About mods, there should be at least 5. Well how come the asking to be a mod was never brought up in the forms? Unless it was brought up in general forms.... I wouldn't know.

I would sure like to be one since I come here very often.

11. ^shaz^

^shaz^ Regular Member

I dont think ppl saying "i wanna be a mod" is a great way of getting yourself a mod position...hehe

Anyway i trust Kwun with the forums...cos they are still arnd after a long time on net and poss the greatest badminton site around...naaah definately...heh

12. zero

zero Regular Member

Student
    For the Canadian moderator. I nominate Kelvin!!! I think he is always online browsing the forum everyday..lol...j/k...
    But I do believe that Kelvin is a great candidate for a moderator because of his extensive knowledge about badminton.
    And I am NOT Kelvin..:p

13. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Zero,
    Well I don't see Kelivn that often but I did see him in the past who did pop on hear and there. About being a mod because he has knowledge, that sounds like discrimination (ohh!) hehe. Should be like you know how to take care of the forums should be the important part.

14. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    as i have said guys. there are enough moderators already. more moderators will create chaos. so i am not going to add anymore.

and trust me, you don't want to be a moderator, being a moderator is not fun at all. ;)

15. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Well the rank will go by how many posts you have. I was a junior just turned member (10 posts). If you click the very bottom link, look there. 5625Maniac is my name in the athlonmb fourms and I'm a senior member there plus you have the juniors as well and some users have custom user user text instead. I didn't see the option when I signed up here so Kwun has that option not displayed which is good which implies it's disabled. If he made the other options which were already disasbled not to appear in there (ie. sig), that is better.

Here is the a jpg screenshot of mine which shows the custom text I am talking about.

http://www.geocities.com/mattfuxp/athonmb.JPG

You note that fully operational sigs and everything else is enabled except for the avatar. It's ok because my sig is actually is actaully my avatar from shoryuken.com but I barely go there now.

http://www.amdmb.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=121037
    http://www.athlonmb.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=862851#post862851

#15 Matt, Apr 26, 2002
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2002
  16. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    thank you Matt, you just illustrated my point. in those links, there are more signature and general garbage than actual content!

3/4 of the page was just unneccessary content. do you really want to visit such a forum?

17. TDotSmAsHer

TDotSmAsHer Regular Member

Student Gr 11 in Sept.------- badminton player/ad
    KWunnnn!! hehe

What if my name now was different from the old badmintoncentral names.... ?

My old name was Badminton Newbie so will those post count toward me.? I like this name right now ! heh.

18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    send me PM and to remind me. ^shaz^, this applies to you too if you want to have your old posts back.

19. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Well yes, but that page is still maintained pretty well and they know the limits of those options. I would visit that page because I get good information from there. I also have knowlege in computers so I wouldn't mind helping out and reading the sigs on every user because some of the sigs have their computer specs (even the link provided) which are useful for solving their problems. Also there are a lot of people there who are registered which means it's pretty good.

I guess you can have some options enabled and give them a try at least?

#19 Matt, Apr 26, 2002
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2002
  20. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    no Matt, we are here to talk about badminton, we are not here to make the forum fancy and pretty (or ugly, IMO). we don't need long useless signatures. period.