How do you guys play/practice at your clubs with different level players

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by JaxYMCAclub, Sep 29, 2008.

1. JaxYMCAclub

JaxYMCAclub New Member

Hello, our club has grown very fast here in Jacksonville Florida but we only have 4 courts. Some members have suggested labeling the courts A, B, C and D and separating the different level players. I'm not quite sure how this works because some speak very little english when they tried explaining it to me. I would like to get an orderly system that is beneficial for expert players as well as our beginners. I know our good players get frustrated playing with beginners but how else can our beginners get better? We had a ladder system in high school in which everyone was ranked and you could only challenge a team two positions higher than you and if you beat them you switched your relative ranks. Please let me know what you guys think, we have over 30 people showing up on sundays with only 4 courts for a period of 3 hours and 20 people showing up on thursdays with only 2 courts for 3 hours. We finally are switching to rally scoring to speed up games. thanks for ahead of time.

2. CantSmashThis

CantSmashThis Regular Member

Set some courts for the higher levels to challenge each others, and have other courts where they switch off by calling it and the ones on the courts can rally have 20 mins to play before switching and the advanced courts would be king of the court challenge.

3. HiddenPower

HiddenPower Regular Member

let those good players play with other good players for 2 games, then ask them to play with some lower level player (for 1 game).

however, you should only put beginer with mid level player, mid level with advanced player. So at least the game can be played.