Recommendation for a new badminton racquet

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by !¿Clue?!, Sep 30, 2008.

1. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

I have been using a Yonex Carbonex 7000 DF. (strings haven't been changed, though my friend gripped my racquet so it would feel lighter)
    I live in Canada(Ontario)and I was wondering what's a good racquet to choose. I'm a intermidiate player and i have been playing in my high school's team for at least 3 years, and now currently joining a club. Though i don't want to spend a fortune, i'm willing to spend $50,60,70 on a good lightweight racquet.
    There are some ones i have had my eye on for a while. Carbonex 8400, Isometric 75 VFS and some other ones i can't think on the top of my head.
    I am mostly a singles player, though i play the occasional doubles/mixed, and i like to smash(though i'll drop whatever i need to beat my opponent:p)

2. ktran

ktran Regular Member

Student
    If you are going to be paying more Badminton, I'd suggest buying a Muscle Power Racquet or maybe even a Isometric. you can find these racquets easily at Sportscheck. I noticed you are from Burlington, you play at Lester B Pearson Club or Burlington Central Club?

3. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

Bump anybody for some recommendations?

4. Arcsaber

Arcsaber Regular Member

Student
    Well, it would not make sense if you were to get a Isometric or 8400 as it will not make much difference.

I would recc you to save up for a better racquet.

5. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

I play at the Aldershot Club every monday, though i know a couple of my buddy's who play at the pearson club. Ktran, are there any nanospeed or armortec racquets at sportchek? If not, then i think i'll either go to the sports store near the bestbuy plaza or go to oakville and find one at National Sports.