Badminton Instruction Videos : + & - points (free!! not purchase)

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Skanbuzz, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Skanbuzz

Skanbuzz Regular Member

Construction
    Hi,

I have watched:

A) Zhao Jian Hua & Xian Jie Instruction Video
    B) Xian Jie's learn to Play Badminton 45 episoles Video
    C) Chen Wei Hua 55 episoles Video

All the above have positive points & negatives
    A) The two coaches are good, the slow motion is good & it is like a clinic to identify & propose corrective action to common badminton players, not necessary the Pro only. I only managed the youtube English version & do not know how to assess the other English Caption videos. I rate as 8/10

B) The videos are a little dated but still good specially planning for coaching. The commentary is a little too long, talk too much & since no English translation, do not know what she is saying. I rate as 5/10

C) The videos are not translated to English so again do not know what he is saying but good video and clear. showed a lot of techniques. I rate as 6/10

These can be obtained at no cost other than download/internet

Q1) What do you think of these instruction videos?
    Q2) Are there any others you would recommend & their + or - points?

Thanks.

#1 Skanbuzz, Oct 1, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  2. 16FeathRPassioN

16FeathRPassioN Regular Member

Student
    yea ur right bro, i learned allot from these vids, but since they're not in English couldn't get the whole idea of it. But any ways its a very remarkable effort of my Brother HoraizonNL , who put all the coaching vidz on a single folder,
    there's a request to ya'll , could anybody of u reupload the vids with the english subtitles .:)

3. ray_mond

ray_mond Regular Member

not really fair to judge the content of the video and usefulness, based on the fact that you cant understand the language its made in..

any comments on the visual demonstrations instead

A) i've watched these and found them pretty useful at times, and sometimes not as good. the show has really good slow motion of the shots performed, but could use closer camera angles for some shots where people may find tricky or difficult to understand.

4. YCH79

YCH79 Regular Member

sales
    Hi all,

I was looking for the video for some time.thank god i finally found it here.can u guys tell me where to download this video guide?appreciate it very much.cheers.

5. Gigabit

Gigabit Regular Member

Banker
    Hi,

You can search the torrent file for the zhao jian hua & xiao jie training videos. It has subtitles in case you have difficulty understanding mandarin.

The file is called complete badminton training by zhao jian hua & xiao jie. There are 30 episodes and all in decent video quality.

I find it useful to improve my game.

6. YCH79

YCH79 Regular Member

sales
    thanks a lot for the info......cheers

7. Skanbuzz

Skanbuzz Regular Member

Construction
  8. okieoutie

okieoutie Regular Member

IT
    A) Saw all episodes that focus on techniques and some episodes that focus on positioning. very good. l like the use of slow motion playback. I agreed with 8/10

B) Saw maybe one or two episodes. Similar to A) but doesn't use slo mo playback as much. Still good.

C) Saw one or two episodes, dozed off and didn't watch anymore. The coach doesn't speak loud and/or clear enough. Seems like it's his first time in front of a camera. Camera positioning isn't very good when showing techniques. I would rate this below A and B

D) Lee Jae Bok's "Play to win" - excellent video. video quality (my copy) is 7.5/10 but watchable. Language: English. If I recall, it covers techniques, strategy and positioning. I find Lee is very effective in getting his points across. Only negative is I wish it's longer or cover more techniques/strategy. I would rate this 8.5-9/10

#8 okieoutie, May 14, 2009
    Last edited: May 14, 2009