User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's your age, location and skill level?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AGE 15 , location sembawang , skill level i dun know which level i am at.
    Last edited by Gold-; 10-12-2008 at 01:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gold you still haven't answered the questions i asked on the first post

- What is your playing style?
    - What is your budget?
    - Are you a serious or recreational player?
    - What BP do you want? Heavy head, even balance or head light?
    - What stiffness do you want? Extra stiff, stiff, medium, flexible or extra flexible

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all around player. my budget is SGD150(willing to spend abit more if needed). i not sure how stiff the racquet i wan but i don't want a racquet like Ti-10 Purple. little head heavy
    Last edited by Gold-; 10-12-2008 at 03:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gold- View Post
    who can teach me? i would like to learn during the holidays?
    Check out the singapore section here in BC.
    They have sessions.

All you have to do is to pay for the rental and shuttles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all around player. my budget is SGD150(willing to spend abit more if needed). i not sure how stiff the racquet i wan but i don't want a racquet like Ti-10 Purple. little head heavy
    If you do not need to get a Yonex racquet, for the budget you have, I recommend look for Victor, Head, Prince, Wilson and Carlton. These are brands available in Singapore.

For your budget, you can get the top end racquet from any of these brands and they should perform very well and they also have a wide range of models that you can choose from which will be suitable for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gold, i recommend that you stay out of the higher series of rackets, seeing form what you said that the ti- 10 was too stiff. (for me it is too stiff as well) but the rackets you are looking at aren't that flexible anyway. look for a mid range racket, from any brand, and save some money. rackets aren't the most important thing in badminton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If gold wants a high end racquet, flexible, not too stiff for him, and easy to generate power with, ARC7 is probably for him. Not ARC10 or Ti-10, not NS9000S. ARC7 is the easiest to use, and he'll probably find the most power from it. 22lbs of BG80 would also do him good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is mp 99 stiffer arc10? stiffer by alot or abit stiffer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by teoky View Post
    If you do not need to get a Yonex racquet, for the budget you have, I recommend look for Victor, Head, Prince, Wilson and Carlton. These are brands available in Singapore.

For your budget, you can get the top end racquet from any of these brands and they should perform very well and they also have a wide range of models that you can choose from which will be suitable for you.
    It's easier to find Head rackets now, ever since world of sports /or is it RSH, having a shelve space for it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't even think mp99 is more stiff than arcsaber 10. Gold i think what you should do now seriously, is to go to a shop and let them recommend you which kind of racket is the best, and from there provide your specification so they can search out a racket for you. I think you should not get a yonex racket. 150 won't get you a good yonex racket, and you'll be complaining again. Get some of the other brands like proace, fleet, victor, apacs etc. Read up more on the post and comments by others before just simply asking on comparison of rackets. Sometimes it's just impossible to tell you which rackets are more stiff or more flexible than the other if the racket model are built differently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will you be able to tell the difference? If not, does it make any difference to you? If yes, then try playing with both & decide.
    is mp 99 stiffer arc10? stiffer by alot or abit stiffer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hold u dun mind, but IMO u shud stay away from the high end rackets as u r stil young n yet to earn money by urself. high end rackets dun turn u into lin dan.

from my experience of testing these rackets,i think u shud avoid mp99 n arc10 coz these 2 r not easy rackets to deal with, since u dun like ti10 purple.

i think u shud consider other brands but i dun reli recommend apacs clone rackets coz i think they r not 'accurate' enuf and vibrates until it hurts my wrist. do some research, mayb u can discover some good n cheap rackets. i found tat a apacs nano 333 speed (rm90) is better than the clone rackets(same price) as it's more stable.

if u ask me to recommend a racket 4 u, i would say apacs nano 333 speed, apacs lethel 50, proace thunderbolt 2 & 3, rsl m7 x2 AP & SP & heat 7490. if u wan higher end rackets then: yonex ti-10 white yellow (slightly less stiff than purple but more head heavy), arc7 & 9, fleet woven 888 & 999 4u. these rackets r all slightly less stiff than ti10 purple n slightly head heavy. In fact, i considered all these rackets b4 as my style is similar to urs, i own 2 yonex ti10 white yellow now, 1 broken

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squallyeo View Post
    hold u dun mind, but IMO u shud stay away from the high end rackets as u r stil young n yet to earn money by urself. high end rackets dun turn u into lin dan.

from my experience of testing these rackets,i think u shud avoid mp99 n arc10 coz these 2 r not easy rackets to deal with, since u dun like ti10 purple.

i think u shud consider other brands but i dun reli recommend apacs clone rackets coz i think they r not 'accurate' enuf and vibrates until it hurts my wrist. do some research, mayb u can discover some good n cheap rackets. i found tat a apacs nano 333 speed (rm90) is better than the clone rackets(same price) as it's more stable.

if u ask me to recommend a racket 4 u, i would say apacs nano 333 speed, apacs lethel 50, proace thunderbolt 2 & 3, rsl m7 x2 AP & SP & heat 7490. if u wan higher end rackets then: yonex ti-10 white yellow (slightly less stiff than purple but more head heavy), arc7 & 9, fleet woven 888 & 999 4u. these rackets r all slightly less stiff than ti10 purple n slightly head heavy. In fact, i considered all these rackets b4 as my style is similar to urs, i own 2 yonex ti10 white yellow now, 1 broken
    Just exchanging opinions here.

Out of the racquets that you listed, I have the ARC10, RSL M7 X2 AP and SP. I find that the ARC10 is the easiest to use follow by the AP and then the SP.

The RSL racquets are stiff, even though the tension are at 25lbs (same as the ARC10), I find it harder to generate decent power easily. Logically, SP should be easier to use as it is lighter but I guess that's why it is harder to generate power as it is not flexy but stiff.

APACS Lethal 50 is a new racquet which unlike other APACS model is not a clone, however it is pretty pricey in Singapore, expect to pay more than S$150 for it.

Since Gold lives in Singapore, I will recommend getting brands that's available here and within his S$150 budget which means Victor, Head, Wilson, Ashaway, Fischer, ProAce and APACS.

My recommendations (all under S$150 and are either the top or one of the top of the range for the brand) :
    Victor
    Superwave 32
    Superwave 33 control

Head
    Metallix 8000

Wilson
    KFactor (most of them are head light or even balance I believe)

Fischer
    Magnetic Pro Number One 83

APACS
    Go for clones of the higher end Yonex racquets. However, do note that they don't play exactly like the real thing, but definitely decent enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Racket for Gold

Hi Gold,
    From your budget point of view, if u intend to get a racket within this range, an YY AT 300 will suffice. Not too stiff, well balance and within yr budget. Best will be to buy during the sales seasion.
    Lee

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squallyeo View Post
    good advice squallyeo

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by teoky View Post
    APACS Lethal 50 is a new racquet which unlike other APACS model is not a clone, however it is pretty pricey in Singapore, expect to pay more than S$150 for it.
    S$150? wow.. where did you see this racket? its costs about s$130 at classic sports and comes with a huge 3-compartment apacs bag (enough for 12 rackets) free. believe the bag is worth s$50. i like the color of the lethal50 - hot ferrari red
    Last edited by Sealman; 10-14-2008 at 10:14 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast