What is the max tension a yonex racket can take?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Tekkai, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Tekkai

Tekkai Regular Member

hi guys! jus got a qns to ask all of u hu uses yonex rackets. If ur notice it is always stated on a yonex racket that its max tension is lyk 25lbs or usually 22,23,24lbs. But then the label is fake rite? cauz i see ppl stringing lyk 27,28lbs. So..if the label is fake then what is the real max tension most yonex racket can take??

2. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    the tension range on yonex racket is for warranty purposes. You can string yonex rackets 30lbs+ easily

3. Tekkai

Tekkai Regular Member

WOW WTF i din noe you can string it so high..then wad bout Apacs rackets?the max they show is 30lbs but can u go above that?

4. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    Most rackets can take 30lbs+ with a good stringer.

5. Tekkai

Tekkai Regular Member

haha thx! tats an impt info!

6. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

1) if you read the label, you will see recommended tension. not maximum tension.
    2) yes, depend on model, most of high end racquet can take up to 28 lb in a good stringer's hand. however, if you want it higher than 30lb, the stringer need a good 6pt machine to do a good job.

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    And the player needs the skill, the strength and healthy joints to handle the 30+lb tension. ;)

8. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    If u ask how high is the tension can a yonex racket take?For badminton,i guess it can take up to 40lbs..of course,if it's done by a good hand.If u read more articles in BC,u'll find that some pros strung their racket up to 36lbs.For example:The chinese tomboys,du jing/yu yang,he hanbin..

9. Tekkai

Tekkai Regular Member

so wads the difference if ur racket is strung by a gd stringer and a not so gd stringer? both of them r using the machine to string it rite? so isnt it the machine that makes the difference?

10. ph_leung

ph_leung Regular Member

I fix things
    Technique.
    Machines, even the electric pull and mount types, are not advanced to the stage of being able to make the small adjustments and details in the stringing process. Stringing involves etails such as clamping, aligning the strings, speed of pulling weaved strings, and tying knots.

11. Tekkai

Tekkai Regular Member

Wow ok thx..seems lyk u guys have lots of experience in stringing rackets haha!

12. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

The problem for stinging high tension is not only regarding stringing the racket. Be aware if you brake the string, the racket head will most likely collapse. So if you want to play with very high tensions, have a few spares and have a scissor with you all the time. In case a racket did not collapse, cut the strings immediately when the string brakes. If you cannot afford it, use a cheaper brand...

13. DareToSmash

DareToSmash Regular Member

Student
    what phandrew said is true as i went to tampines sporets hall to restring and i asked the stringer what is the max tension of my ti 10(yellow)and he said 32.I was like WOW WTF so high , then i asked him are you sure and then he said he just restring a guys ti 10(yellow)yesterday....

14. Tekkai

Tekkai Regular Member

haha LOLZ! icic..anyway i got a problem here. my racket, Apacs edge saber10 has a small chip off at the top of the frame. the chip off is quite small and its about an ant size plus minus 1mm. i jus string it 26lbs and its able to take it but i was wondering if it could take 28lbs?? the label of the racket says the max tension is 30lbs. but since there is a chip off do ur think the racket max tension will reduce?

15. kinoko

kinoko Regular Member

so true... and stringing points helps too to avoid this.