Women's Yonex Sizing - SHB-100 LX

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by nala123, Oct 3, 2008.

1. nala123

nala123 Regular Member

Anyone who has tried these shoes - how do these shoes run? Are they TTS (true to size), run smaller, run larger, etc.?

WHat is your regular shoe size, sport shoe size, and size in these? E.g. I run a ridiculous amount and our shoes are generally sized 1/2-1 size larger than street wear shoes.

Thanks!

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Hi,

I can not tell you the true to size part. However, as a former runner myself and I usually buys women's running shoes because they are usually narrower and fits me better. I use SHB100-MX now because I get them at good discount and tried SHB100-LX also. This is what I find.
    1) Yonex SHB100-LX do have narrower front like most of women running shoes.
    2) Yonex shoes size is very close to Nike running shoes but smaller than RBK.
    3) SHB100-MX does have a little wider front.
    4) SHB100-LX do not have "Wide" option.
    5) SHB100 are one of the most comfortable shoes I ever wear. However, it is not good while walking outside because it is low on the heel.

3. nala123

nala123 Regular Member

That was informative! Thank you. Do you wear the SHB in the same size as your running shoes or street shoes? (if they are different sized).

4. silentheart

Yes and no. Yes, I wear same size for Nike women running shoes as SHB100-LX. However, I can tell you that same size RBK running shoes is about 1/2 size bigger than SHB100-LX. I feel Adidas's shoes is a little smaller than SHB100-LX but not to 1/2 size different.
    Sorry, I do not wear women's street shoes because people will look at me funny. And I do not drag...

5. nala123

nala123 Regular Member

lol :) in that case i'll ask if your men SHB are the same size as your men street shoes?

6. silentheart

Yes or pretty close? They are usually a little wider...

7. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I always thought the LX and MX were the same except the colors.

nala123, have you also considered the SHB-100 LTD or the SHB-100 (JP version)?

8. silentheart

Matt, You should take a trip to Tad's and try out some women's shoes. Looks good on you, maybe?

9. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Lol SilentHeart,

I tried them before but at the time I didn't know it was really a women when my friend pointed that out and laughted (they didn't have the MX at the time).

Well with JP, use CM, problem solved between men and women's sizing.

10. nala123

nala123 Regular Member

silentheart - TY!

Matt - I hadn't considered the men's version. Mostly because from what I've read here they are wider. As a woman, I have typically girly girl feet so I stuck to the women's version. Then again, I'm always open to suggestions. I'd have to order online or else I'd have preferred to try them on in person.

11. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Nala123,

The LTD one or just the JP, I' not sure if it was designed specifically for men. I would recommend that you try either of these out and see how your feet feels.

My friend is currently wearing the SHB-100 (JP) because in North America, they do not have her shoe size available as the smallest size is too large for her.

12. ph_leung

ph_leung Regular Member

I fix things
    This is what I've found too. I have wider feet and wider fronts especially that are not "pointy". When I've been looking into Yonex shoes some salespeople have suggested the woman's model when they didn't have my size. The front is narrower and the heal area is narrower too.

If anyone is "worried" about wearing the ladies model, I saw some of the men at last year's Macau wearing the ladies 100.

13. wapiko

wapiko New Member

I'm wearing SHB-100LX and the size number is 1/2 size bigger than my regular shoe size.
    My regular shoe size is 6, and my SHB-100LX is size 6.5. (I've tried SHB-100LX size 6 and it's abit too small.)

14. gsloh

gsloh Regular Member

Heck, even Tony Gunawan wore the SHB90 LX's for a time:D (personally, I think the red on the 90LX's looks better than the Blue and yellow combo on the 90MX's