Removing strings from rackets, what's the best way?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Iwan, Jun 22, 2002.

1. Iwan

Iwan Regular Member

Usually I just pull them out one by one slowly. But then recently I heard that some people cuts away the strings quickly to avoid the unbalanced tension breaking the racket and so I tried it out once.

When I cut the strings on my MP100, I string my racket at 24 lbs btw, I felt lots of shock vibration as each string snaps. I don't think this is good at all because the shock vibrations could probably do some unseen damage. But if what I've heard is true, then I'm confused as to which way is better. What do everyone of you think?

2. ASD

ASD Regular Member

d
    first,cut one main & one cross string at the same time,after this step finished,cut one main ,then one cross,then one main again......:)

3. AKFT

AKFT Regular Member

Cut diagonally, so you will be cutting mains and crosses at the same time. Do it quickly and as soon as possible after the string broke.

:)

4. Iwan

Iwan Regular Member

ok, i've cut the strings diagonally and I still felt the shock vibrations. Really, its the shock vibrations that I'm concerned about because that is actually the frame of the racket suddenly expanding. Now, if you heating up a marble using a candle and drop it into an iced water, you'll see that the marble will suddenly crack inside. the exterior will remain intact tho.

What I'm afraid is that these shock vibrations may cause tiny cracks within the rackets that we don't know about until one day when the racket snaps. To make things worse, these tiny cracks might acumulate.

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    In that case you had better not hit the shuttle with your racquet.

But do cut the strings straight away and start from the middle outwards. Frames do have inherent flexibility up to a certain point.

6. GRObFURSt

GRObFURSt Regular Member

Year 10 Student
    The very best way would be 2 get a stringer to do it as he is a profesional craftsmen so he would know what to do. But it costs money.