Need Advice

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by habsq, Oct 5, 2008.

1. habsq

habsq Regular Member

Student
    Hi, I am a badminton player with years of experience but without any formal training in club or whatsoever. I believe I have at least a passable skills (at least that is what the guys in the club said). However, I feel that my hitting power is not very good and in a bad day I even struggle to keep hitting consistently to the back court.

I'm a complete noob when it comes to badminton equipment. I'm currently using a giveaway Yonex's Carbonex 8100 (the only racket I have) and I don't even know what tension the string is at. I once tried an MP-21 (newly bought and never been restrung) and feels that my power increase significantly to the point that I don't even have to try to make a back-to-back clearance.

My question is: does it worth to buy a new racket? should I just try to restring my racket instead? or this has nothing to do with the equipments at all?

2. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Technique, technique, technique is the biggest issue. If you cannot even hit consistently, then a racquet will not help you. At the very most, restring with BG65@22lbs on your Carbonex 22. I'd say get a coach first.

3. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    He said he had CAB 8100 not CAB22.

4. habsq

habsq Regular Member

Student
    Thanks. I'll go look for someone to give me some advices on shuttle clearing...