String tension

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Blomme, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Blomme

Blomme New Member

Hi there,

I'm new on this forum.

I have just bought the Yonex Nanospeed 9000 S and got it stringed with a tension of 24lbs.

I have played with it two times now, and both times my shoulder has started hurting a lot. The first time the pain continiued for severeal days. I think (hope) it's because of the string tension. What do you guys have to say on that?

I have played badminton on competitive level in Denmark several years ago when I was a youngster. I just started to play again, and haven't really played more than once or twice a year for the last 7-8 years.

So... If you think it could be the tension that causes my shoulder to hurt, what would be a more appropriate tension until I have played some more and gained strength in my shoulder.

Thanks in advance,
    Blomme

2. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    It seems like the tension is too high for you.

3. Blomme

Blomme New Member

That was also my own conclusion, but what tension would be appropriate then? What is a "normal" tension?

Can you btw. recommend any string? I'm not a hard-hitter but really rely more on my ability to outplay my opponent. Hence I would guess that control is more important for me than power.

Thanks,
    Blomme

4. Terraglow

Terraglow Regular Member

Students
    Try to reduce the current tension by 2-4 lbs....
    when i started to use higher tension i struggled with it, but after a while i am used to it...

5. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    You can try BG66 at 21lbs first and see what happens.

6. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    The pain may not be caused by the string tension. You mentioned that you now play once or twice a year, which is almost the same as not playing at all. After a long absence from badminton you will get pains and aches if you start playing again. Once your muscles get used to more regular exercise from badminton, the pains will disappear.
    Even between the game of doubles and singles in badminton, each type develops and works on different muscles. If you are mainly a singles player doubles will not be very suitable. The same the other way around.