User Tag List

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Objective 1 is the driver of BWF's targets

Quote Originally Posted by abedeng View Post

Sorry, what I meant was objective 1 is the driver of BWF's targets, and if you get 1 right, 2 will be achieved automatically.

Too engrossed in PAW strategies, I had the objectives upside down.

That's for sure abedeng ... You are too engrossed in your PAW strategies.

You even said that pjswift said that budding host country is to get some assistance from BWF.
    Check this out again.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, let's go back to the main objective of the Super Series.

It was said that Super Series was established to do 2 major things:
    1. enhance popularity of the sport globally.
    2. enhance the players' earnings thru a higher minimum prize money

Basically, objective 2 is the driver of BWF's targets. If you get 2 right, you will see objective 1 be met and improved.

I remember last time they even set up bwfsuperseries.com website, and countries have to commit to having telecasts of at least semis and finals matches for all super series events.

But now, that website is defunct after only a year, and looking at how Astro handled it yesterday, even rugby world cup takes centrestage and our badminton telecast was interrupted after 3 matches. And let's not even talk about the recent BWF power struggle.

If BWF couldn't even get the SS Masters Finals (well, that's what they call it) to be hosted at other locations, locations that might not be popular with badminton right now, how is the popularity of the sport going to improve?

One suggestion is as mentioned by pjswift, the budding host country (with some assistance from BWF) must sell the idea to the tourism industry. And the tourism industry can provide competitive packages for tourists to come and join the fun. BC forummers and fans would then travel the earth to be part of the experience as long as costs are reasonable.

And once you fill the stadium, surely at least the costs could be recouped, not to mention some royalty from live TV rights ......
    Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc View Post
    That's for sure abedeng ... You are too engrossed in your PAW strategies.

You even said that pjswift said that budding host country is to get some assistance from BWF.
    Check this out again.
    No, I said that they should get some assistance from BWF, that was my own comment, in addition to pjswift's tourism industry suggestion. That's why I put it in brackets.

Yup, still second guessing my PAW, I will miss the final this afternoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    Btw, i just noticed our Krisna just walked in...i don't know what else he'll put forth...
    ctjcad, I don't agree with many things [though not all] of what chris@ccc wrote. His way of thinking and values are just not the same... What he saw as ok, was obviously not ok for some of us. But I do agree with the talk regarding "it is better to do something than just complain".

One day in the future I think I should just run for the BWF Presidency... hehehe...but as our ancient Chinese ancestors said: improve yourself first, then improve your home & community, then improve your country, then improve the world... We, in INA badminton, are in the midst of really improving ourselves [our home & community, in this respect]...

We think we already elected the right person to take INA badminton forward. I'm not inside PBSI right now, but I have enough connections in the INA badminton world to know that positive dreams and realistic action plans are being drawn and coordinated right now by the new management [that will take power January 2009]. We won't make the stupid mistakes that BWF has done. We're not going to announce things before they are good and ready. We're just going to coordinate and execute things well... we will concentrate on actions that produce results... We should first show BWF how badminton should be managed!

If you ask me whether INA badminton is well run today, the answer is no. So before we go further and criticize BWF too much more, I think we better clean out our won mess... we can criticize BWF some more later....
    Last edited by Krisna; 11-23-2008 at 02:10 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ^^So..^^

..is bu Yanti (from PBSI) on the way out, starting in January??...

I think bottom line is, i would not mind if there's a balance approach in our discussion/point of contention (an acknowledgement of shortcomings as well as the positives)..

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Krisna, I am really jealous of INA badminton. Without being well run, badminton could still consistently contribute World and Olympic Champs for INA.

In contrast, when BAM was most professionally well run, our best achievement was the last Thomas Cup victory in '92.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Krisna, I am really jealous of INA badminton. Without being well run, badminton could still consistently contribute World and Olympic Champs for INA.

In contrast, when BAM was most professionally well run, our best achievement was the last Thomas Cup victory in '92.
    Thats the difference between Desire and Politics.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow What is good for politics is sometimes very bad for sports

Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post

Thats the difference between Desire and Politics.

And what is good for politics is sometimes very bad for sports.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..is bu Yanti (from PBSI) on the way out, starting in January??...

I think bottom line is, i would not mind if there's a balance approach in our discussion/point of contention (an acknowledgement of shortcomings as well as the positives)..
    I was about to write that...but Chris beat me to this one.
    It's Ibu Yati She should be fired...as well as those incompetent ppl inside PBSI.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does ibu yato does??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm actually surprised myself... What DID we do... how come we are sort of lucky [so many times]...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Off topic-Well..

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    What does ibu yato does??
    ..ibu Yati, according to some reports, is usually responsible for registering PBSI players to tournaments. But for some unknown reasons, her calendar in the office is always a month late and some say she might be overdue for an eye exam as she often times mixed up players' names in submitting their registration forms.....
    Last edited by ctjcad; 11-24-2008 at 02:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    I'm actually surprised myself... What DID we do... how come we are sort of lucky [so many times]...
    'Someone' granted 200 million of INA people plea, "Please give us ONE reason why we should be proud of our country..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..ibu Yati, according to some reports, is usually responsible for registering PBSI players to tournaments. But for some unknown reasons, her calendar in the office is always a month late and some say she might be overdue for an eye exam as she often times mixed up players' names in submitting their registration forms.....
    OMG,,,she's forgetful lady or she's just kidding??

hopefully,, that shame thing wont happen again,, . amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    'Someone' granted 200 million of INA people plea, "Please give us ONE reason why we should be proud of our country..."

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    When you do it once, it's luck.

When you do it many times, that's called "tradition". And having supportive clubs like Djarum, Tangkas et al does help, a lot .......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you do it once, it's luck.

When you do it many times, that's called "tradition". And having supportive clubs like Djarum, Tangkas et al does help, a lot .......
    But I thought Malaysia has KLRC, Nusa Mahsuri, and many others?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    But I thought Malaysia has KLRC, Nusa Mahsuri, and many others?
    Nusa Mahsuri came about from a splinter of players and ex-players (led by the Sidek brothers) who were not happy of how politicians came about to remove the then BAM President in 1993. Now, they still maintain a sort of love-hate relationship with BAM, which resulted in the top BAM MS player getting training from Nusa's top coach.

KLRC was only recently formed, and is more geared towards sponsoring any existing talent, whether Malaysian ex-players or International players. Maybe one day, the KLRC academy will be able to nurture very young talents, but not now.

The club system in Malaysia is not as developed as Indonesia, and funding from private sector is difficult to get. New players generally come up the ranks from the district and state level, thru BAM state affiliates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nusa Mahsuri came about from a splinter of players and ex-players (led by the Sidek brothers) who were not happy of how politicians came about to remove the then BAM President in 1993. Now, they still maintain a sort of love-hate relationship with BAM, which resulted in the top BAM MS player getting training from Nusa's top coach.

KLRC was only recently formed, and is more geared towards sponsoring any existing talent, whether Malaysian ex-players or International players. Maybe one day, the KLRC academy will be able to nurture very young talents, but not now.

The club system in Malaysia is not as developed as Indonesia, and funding from private sector is difficult to get. New players generally come up the ranks from the district and state level, thru BAM state affiliates.
    I agree with you on this. Most grassroots is mostly from the Government affiliates, which is connected with BAM. Unless those young players is from
    International or Private Schools. However even then.. some who is selected for the Grassroots Development for future Talents under BAM does have some connections. Anyway its really tough when come to young players, have to deal with Parents,existing coaches etc..

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast