Results 171 to 187 of 339
11-25-2008, 02:52 AM #171
Many Government affiliates understand little about Badminton
11-25-2008, 03:41 AM #172
Anyway like ants implied, Malaysian parents will take some convincing, 'cos they focus more on education rather than sports. There are those sports schools, supposedly where young talents are nurtured, but we've heard of many budding talents rejected entry for whatever reason (connections or, ahem, moolah). Each sports school is supposed to specialized in only a few sports, but we haven't hit paydirt yet ......
Unless your kid is really talented (like our squash queen Nicol David) or you have the dictatorial mindset of the late Dato' Haji Sidek Kamar (father of the Sidek brothers), kids are not normally exposed to career in sports.
Anyway, back to the BWF's handling of the SS Finals. It is actually all about having proper planning and backup plans. Granted that BWF is not a profit-oriented organization, but it has to do effective selling on badminton for it to catch interest.
11-29-2008, 07:09 AM #173
Provisional List of Qualifiers
This is what I manually computed, based on latest ranking + estimated no of pts gained in the HK Open. They are not necessarily in right ranking order or 100% accurate.
Qualifiers - MS
1. Lee Chong Wei - Malaysia
2. Sony Dwi Kuncoro - Indonesia
3. Joachim Persson - Denmark
4. Chen Jin - China
5. Peter Hoeg Gade - Denmark
6. Lin Dan - China
7. Taufik Hidayat - Indonesia
8. Chan Yan Kit - Hong Kong
* Note: Kenneth Jonassen was among the top 8, but Denmark already has 2 higher ranked qualifiers.
Qualifiers - WS
1. Zhou Mi - Hong Kong
2. Tine Rasmussen - Denmark
3. Lu Lan - China
4. Zhu Lin - China
5. Wang Chen - Hong Kong
6. Pi Hongyan - France
7. Xu Huaiwen - Germany
8. Hwang Hye Youn - Korea
* Note: Wang Lin was among the top 8, but China already has 2 higher ranked qualifiers. I do not know whether China is allowed to select any 2 of its players from the list of top 8, or strictly go through rankings. I suspect it is possible for Wang Lin (ranked 6th) to replace either Lu Lan (ranked 3rd) or Zhu Lin (ranked 4th).
Qualifiers - MD
1. Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan - Indonesia
2. Mohd Fairuzizuan Tazari/Mohd Zakry Abd Latif - Malaysia
3. Lars Paaske/Jonas Rasmussen - Denmark
4. Jung Jae Sung/Lee Yong Dae - Korea
5. Mathias Boe/Carsten Mogensen - Denmark
6. Tony Gunawan/Candra Wijaya - US/Indonesia
7. Koo Kien Kiat/Tan Boon Heong - Malaysia
8. Cai Yun/Fu Haifeng - China
Qualifiers - WD
1. Wong Pei Tty/Chin Eei Hui - Malaysia
2. Du Jing/Yu Yang - China
3. Vita Marissa/Lilyana Natsir - Indonesia
4. Ha Eun Jung/Kim Min Jun - Korea
5. Cheng Shu/Zhao Yunlei - China
6. Lena Frier Christiansen/Kamilla Rytter Juhl - Denmark
7. Miyuki Maeda/Satoko Suetsuna - Japan
8. Lee Kyung Won/Lee Hyo Jung - Korea
* Note: If LKW/LHJ does not compete (due to LKW's retirement), their place will be taken up by the next highest active ranked pair from any other country other than China.
Qualifiers - XD
1. Nova Widianto/Liliyana Natsir - Indonesia
2. He Hanbin/Yu Yang - China
3. Thomas Laybourn/Kamilla Rytter Juhl - Denmark
4. Lee Yong Dae/Lee Hyo Jung - Korea
5. Anthony Clark/Donna Kellogg - England
6. Xie Zhongbo/Zhang Yawen - China
7. Robert Blair/Imogen Bankier - England/Scotland
8. Sudket Prapakamol/Saralee Thungthongkam - Thailand
Last edited by abedeng; 11-29-2008 at 07:23 AM.
11-29-2008, 12:16 PM #174
can i know whether anyone know the ticket for this super series is open for sale now? or not? if yes... please give me the info... thx very much!
11-29-2008, 03:38 PM #175
Badminton is so different from Tennis
abedeng ... Thank you for taking time to compile your list of SS qualifiers.
Some players who missed a few SS events to concentrate on the Olympic Games have now found themselves unable to qualify for this 2008 SS Finals.
Badminton is so different from Tennis. Tennis players would have concentrated less on the Olympics, but more on their Series Tournaments.
11-30-2008, 12:10 AM #176
11-30-2008, 06:36 PM #177
11-30-2008, 06:55 PM #178
11-30-2008, 08:55 PM #179
Will Lee Chong Wei be participating in the 2008 SS Final?
Last edited by chris-ccc; 11-30-2008 at 09:09 PM.
11-30-2008, 09:41 PM #180
11-30-2008, 10:50 PM #181
hmm...i wonder why kenichi tago didnt play in co2 and hko...if not...he had a nice chance to qualify..
11-30-2008, 11:13 PM #182
12-01-2008, 12:13 AM #183
12-01-2008, 01:54 AM #184
MS.....2 from INA, Chn and Den and one each from MAS and HK.....
12-01-2008, 01:56 AM #185
12-01-2008, 02:20 AM #186
yeah, i have got lots of information to share with u guys..
wow, lots of luxuries moneys and accomodation provided to all the qualified players!
Draw and Seeding of the 2008 BWF Super Series Master Final
Seeding date : Thursday 12 December 2008
Draw date : Tuesday 16 December 2008 at 19:00
Media event - all players to attend
All invited players will get the following:
- airfare (economy class) provided
- free hotel accommodation
- transport to and from the airport and to the competition venue
- a daily allowance
- a chance to compete for a price pool of US$500,000
12-01-2008, 02:21 AM #187
for more information, i've uploaded 2 attachments from BWF websites..
check it out
By modious in forum Badminton Tournament Video SharingReplies: 139: 01-23-2009, 08:37 AM
By robin7 in forum Super Series Master Finals 2008Replies: 697: 12-22-2008, 01:23 AM
By robin7 in forum Super Series Master Finals 2008Replies: 927: 12-20-2008, 11:29 AM
By abedeng in forum China Open (2) / Hong Kong Open / Vietnam Open 2008Replies: 435: 11-23-2008, 11:09 PM
By uploader08 in forum Badminton Tournament Video SharingReplies: 5: 09-27-2008, 08:11 PM