User Tag List

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc View Post
    huangkwokhau ... In 2007, I was told that BWF have the US$5000,000 prize money but no city would/could afford to host the SSF.
    In that case, the source of your information was wrong

Apparently, there are many cities (as listed by Hau-Ge) who could afford to host the Super Series Final. But, BWF, for some reason, decided to not to choose among any one of those. So, it has to be the sponsorship issue Because, if money wasn't the issue, BWF could just choose to hold it in those countries who are more than willing to host the event.

Personally, I don't think BWF have that kind of money. Yonex-Sunrise has been one of its biggest sponsors and this time round, they come out with the sponsorship,
    Last edited by badMania; 12-07-2008 at 11:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    Yup, chris@ccc have been misled and also have misguided thoughts... The BWF situation regarding SS Finals is clear for some of us. But not so clear to him even after so many explanations. Just leave him with his own thoughts. It is his right to choose to be misled and misguided...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so anyone got info that chinese player are coming or not?
    thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    In tennis, they play as individuals(who happen to be from the same country) and real matches.
    In badminton,the players report to their BA (or head coach) not BWF.If there are no two per country rule, LYB may apply his famous strategy and you get unreal matches like what you saw in OG08 SF match between CJ and LD where both got to conserve energy for their medal matches while their opponents, LCW and LHI used up all their energy to win.The result was two fresher CHN MS playing non-CHN MS in subsequent matches.
    I wouldn't be surprised if this two per country rule were imposed for OG12.
    If CHN decides not to send their qualified players to SSF, it means they are not confident of winning titles when CHN has no opportunity to apply their unique strategy and undue advantage.
    I have no problems with more players from the same country if they can play as individuals...
    However,note that CHn's not the only country affected by the rule.In the present and future, it's likely to be MAS, INA and DEN...
    1.are the players in tennis report to ATP or WTA or ITF ????
    i think it's no either....what's the advantage to report to BWF or ATP or WTA or ITF??????
    2. it's very easy for you to forget their real matches before Semi Final and u just remember the semifinal matches
    3.LOL,, it should be like this: Another country worried that China will dominate the tournament so BWF made the rule to prevent China from dominating this sport and make this sport more popular,,,, SO the one who are not Confident of winning the tittle should not be CHINA,,,,
    4. Chinawass the most affected country by this rules....

PS: i'm sorry but it seems that u always doubt about Chinese players abillity of winning the matches and always think about conspiracy in China team,, meanwhile u TOTALLY forget how the Chinese players PRACTICE so HARD to produce a good result... i can say even HARDER than your idol...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, 2007 was the BWF political-infighting year between the President and the ex-Deputy, only resolved middle of this year ..... so no wonder BWF didn't concentrate too much on finding sponsors for Super Series last year.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Only interested to see that the SSF can be staged annually

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post

Apparently, there are many cities (as listed by Hau-Ge) who could afford to host the Super Series Final. But, BWF, for some reason, decided to not to choose among any one of those. So, it has to be the sponsorship issue Because, if money wasn't the issue, BWF could just choose to hold it in those countries who are more than willing to host the event.

Personally, I don't think BWF have that kind of money. Yonex-Sunrise has been one of its biggest sponsors and this time round, they come out with the sponsorship,

badMania ... While following the development (and the eventual failure) of last year's 2007 SSF, it was mentioned that only 2 cities, Doha in Qatar, and Alor Star in Malaysia, showed interest in holding it. And SMP was to finance the US$500,000.00 in prize money.

Yesterday's post, huangkwokhau mentioned that Jakarta and Singapore also wanted to host the SSF last year, but were turned down. I was shocked because the intentions of these 2 cities were not released at Badminton Central (perhaps I missed that post) and/or by BWF.

I am only interested to see that the SSF can be staged annually. And I believe for it to happen, we need all parties, BWF, National Associations, Sponsors, Host Cities, etc... to work together.

If we are to suggest anything here at Badminton Central without speaking out to our National Associations, then nothing would happen. If our National Associations are not relaying our concerns to BWF, then we should sack them. And if BWF is not listening to National Associations, then it's time to sack BWF too.

It's better not to fight and/or to criticise one another but to give a hand to resolve the situation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How to remove any doubts???..

..hmm, i guess BWF will probably need to release or share some kind of information/reason(s) regarding last yr's cancellation of the SS Finale to settle all these doubts/questions.....................or will they actually reveal the truth/real reason(s) behind it???...hmmm
    Last edited by ctjcad; 12-09-2008 at 05:24 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Still thinking that BWF could offer the US$500,000.00 for the 2007 SSF prize money

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post

..hmm, i guess BWF will probably need to release or share some kind of information/reason(s) regarding last yr's cancellation of the SS Finale to settle all these doubts/questions.....................or will they actually reveal the truth/real reason(s) behind it???...hmmm

Yes, because I am still thinking that BWF could offer the US$500,000.00 for the 2007 SSF prize money, but no city (or National Association) could manage to raise enough money for themselves to stage it.

Or is it the other way around?
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 12-09-2008 at 05:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc View Post
    Yes, because I am still thinking that BWF could offer the US$500,000.00 for the 2007 SSF prize money, but no city (or National Association) could manage to raise enough money for themselves to stage it.

Or is it the other way around?
    BWF did not have the money in 2007!!! They mismanaged the whole 2007 SS Finals story! How many times do we need to tell you!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CYW2006 View Post
    so anyone got info that chinese player are coming or not?
    thanks
    Erm.. according to a news from Sina, high probability they are not coming because they have to move house. Their current condo(on north side) have to renovate, so they have to move to the condo on south. They had also changed their plan. On 20 Dec, they are not going to Chengdu for Winter training, the training will be postponed until after Chinese New Year. So now, they will be having the training in Beijing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok then, thanks for the information, suetyan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suetyan View Post
    Erm.. according to a news from Sina, high probability they are not coming because they have to move house. Their current condo(on north side) have to renovate, so they have to move to the condo on south. They had also changed their plan. On 20 Dec, they are not going to Chengdu for Winter training, the training will be postponed until after Chinese New Year. So now, they will be having the training in Beijing.
    Not sure which link you're reading, the one I read only mentioned the condo renovation is going to be done ahead of schedule so they like to move in completely before the Chinese New Year(late January) hence the original training schedule will be delayed about one month and will be a shorter training.
    If that's the case then I would think the chance for the players to attend the 2008 Super Series Final, 2009 Malaysia and Korea Opens should be greatly enhance? My Chinese may be a bit rusty so someone please read this link and verify my interpretation.
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2008-12-...24116874.shtml

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Han View Post
    Not sure which link you're reading, the one I read only mentioned the condo renovation is going to be done ahead of schedule so they like to move in completely before the Chinese New Year(late January) hence the original training schedule will be delayed about one month and will be a shorter training.
    If that's the case then I would think the chance for the players to attend the 2008 Super Series Final, 2009 Malaysia and Korea Opens should be greatly enhance? My Chinese may be a bit rusty so someone please read this link and verify my interpretation.
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2008-12-...24116874.shtml
    I am reading this one. http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2008-12-...04115915.shtml

As well as this one http://badminton.sport.org.cn/home/x...10/227111.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suetyan View Post
    Thanks Suetyan. It will be unwise if Chinese coaching staff decided not to let players participate in SS Final. This is an easy money for the Chinese players and I really don't think it will affect their training schedule and furthermore, it's for the good of badminton sports.
    Anyway, we will find out in 2 days ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Han View Post
    Thanks Suetyan. It will be unwise if Chinese coaching staff decided not to let players participate in SS Final. This is an easy money for the Chinese players and I really don't think it will affect their training schedule and furthermore, it's for the good of badminton sports.
    Anyway, we will find out in 2 days ...
    yalor, but I think the power is still in the hand of their head coach Even though they may want to win the huge money (as you mention it is an easy money for them), but if the head coach say 'NO' they also can't do anything, haha...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems Jo/Greysia will replace some of WD..just do not know who has withdrawn

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YONEX-SUNRISE BWF WORLD SUPER SERIES MASTERS FINALS 2008

More $$$ for doubles

11 December 2008

Pix by BadmintonPhoto

IN a historic first, winners in the doubles events will receive a higher total prize money than players in the singles field.

Endorsed at the recent Badminton World Federation Council meeting in Seoul, Korea, winners of the men’s doubles, women’s doubles and mixed doubles will receive a prize purse of US$42,000 for each pair, working out to US$21,000 for each player.
    In contrast, winners of the men’s singles and women’s singles will pocket US$40,000 each.
    The prize money distribution proposal for the YONEX-Sunrise BWF World Super Series Masters Finals 2008 was put forward by the Events Committee and endorsed unanimously by the Council on 6 December 2008.
    In fact, all eight qualifiers for the Super Series Finals will receive a share of the prize money with the quarter-finalists earning US$4,500 each (singles) and US$5,000 each pair.
    The total prize money for the YONEX-Sunrise BWF Super Series Masters Finals 2008 is US$500,000 with the top eight players in the Super Series ranking invited for the tournament.
    The tournament, which will be played at the Likas Indoor Stadium in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia, does not offer any world ranking points. The tournament runs from 18 to 21 December.
    Please refer to table on prize money distribution at the Super Series Masters Finals 2008 section on www.internationalbadminton.org

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast