User Tag List

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Results 273 to 289 of 339
  1. #273
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    553
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suetyan View Post
    Erm.. according to a news from Sina, high probability they are not coming because they have to move house. Their current condo(on north side) have to renovate, so they have to move to the condo on south. They had also changed their plan. On 20 Dec, they are not going to Chengdu for Winter training, the training will be postponed until after Chinese New Year. So now, they will be having the training in Beijing.
    it must be dissapointed someone who want to watch Lin dan on court...
    btw...thanks...suetyan

  2. #274
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,950
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Badminton Super Series Final @ Kompleks Sukan Likas - Floor Plan


    here's a video preview of the venue for the ss final..
    enjoy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhtYpyMi500

  3. #275
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Alberta/Canada
    Posts
    1,058
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CYW2006 View Post
    it must be dissapointed someone who want to watch Lin dan on court...
    btw...thanks...suetyan

    You have got to be kidding... people in Malaysia want to see Lin Dan kicking LCW's butt again??? Team China is doing Malaysians a big favor by not kicking their hero's butt in front of the home audience.

  4. #276
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Cat City
    Posts
    2,902
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bananakid View Post
    You have got to be kidding... people in Malaysia want to see Lin Dan kicking LCW's butt again??? Team China is doing Malaysians a big favor by not kicking their hero's butt in front of the home audience.
    well, my dear little kid...though we dislike everytime LD kicking LCW's butt, who can deny that without LD & other top guns, the game is becoming less entertaining & competitive?

    I am not looking down at others, but with their present here in KK, they surely add spices & colours to the game. Don't you think so????

    Even if LD is kicking LCW's butt, we have to admit that he plays better than LCW...

  5. #277
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    3,321
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa View Post
    well, my dear little kid...though we dislike everytime LD kicking LCW's butt, who can deny that without LD & other top guns, the game is becoming less entertaining & competitive?

    I am not looking down at others, but with their present here in KK, they surely add spices & colours to the game. Don't you think so????

    Even if LD is kicking LCW's butt, we have to admit that he plays better than LCW...
    In SO08,our tournament had no CHN MS or MD or WS(?) present.The tournament was just as successful and worth every $ we paid for. In any tournament,there will be some great matches and boring ones.How great were the MS matches in HKO08 without LCW's presence?
    LD played better than LCW in CHN territories if their 2008 matches were any indication.That's why CHN's opting out of MO09 and KO09, not just SSF.I don't expect LD to turn up for SO09 or IO09 either.Has LD ever won in IO,MO or SO? Nearly.

  6. #278
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Alberta/Canada
    Posts
    1,058
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    In SO08,our tournament had no CHN MS or MD or WS(?) present.The tournament was just as successful and worth every $ we paid for. In any tournament,there will be some great matches and boring ones.How great were the MS matches in HKO08 without LCW's presence?
    LD played better than LCW in CHN territories if their 2008 matches were any indication.That's why CHN's opting out of MO09 and KO09, not just SSF.I don't expect LD to turn up for SO09 or IO09 either.Has LD ever won in IO,MO or SO? Nearly.

    errr... how about World Championship 07 held in Malaysia??? The big one... not the little MO, IO, and SO.

  7. #279
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    3,321
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bananakid View Post
    errr... how about World Championship 07 held in Malaysia??? The big one... not the little MO, IO, and SO.
    That was 2007. I said 2008.
    Surely you can monitor LYB's confidence in his team by where he fields them.Let me predict for you where he will field LD for 2009.
    AE,SWO,WC?,TO?,DO,FO?,JO,CO1,CO2,HKO.

  8. #280
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    That was 2007. I said 2008.
    Surely you can monitor LYB's confidence in his team by where he fields them.Let me predict for you where he will field LD for 2009.
    AE,SWO,WC?,TO?,DO,FO?,JO,CO1,CO2,HKO.
    Totally agreeed...with U pj.....

    LYB is not confident even with LD the WC 07 and Olympic Champion 08.....to play in places like Korea and SEA........... it just not their confortable zone,...i think!.....

  9. #281
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,950
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bananakid View Post
    You have got to be kidding... people in Malaysia want to see Lin Dan kicking LCW's butt again??? Team China is doing Malaysians a big favor by not kicking their hero's butt in front of the home audience.
    or it is the other way round?
    ppl in malaysia would like to see lcw's come back from behind in the 3rd set again to kick LD's butt from behind
    maybe lin dan is afraid the same thing happened in kuching durING mo06 will happen again in this year SS Finale in KK, Sabah.?

  10. #282
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    aiya...u all miss out a point...in hko,cm or co...lyb can ensure his player won mah...thats for sure...for sure...lcw can also pick not to play in hko,cm and co...
    Last edited by limsy; 12-12-2008 at 02:24 AM.

  11. #283
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    That was 2007. I said 2008.
    Surely you can monitor LYB's confidence in his team by where he fields them.Let me predict for you where he will field LD for 2009.
    AE,SWO,WC?,TO?,DO,FO?,JO,CO1,CO2,HKO.
    haha...aiya...then just ld fans can excuse lcw is in top where ld in all the function...dinner...or event......maybe ld just play ss nia next year...in semis retire condition...more excuse ld fans can give..

  12. #284
    Regular Member etudiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Christian Grey's playroom
    Posts
    12,211
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Here are the participants to SS Finale after Chn team withdrew :

    Menís singles: Lee Chong Wei (MAS), Sony Dwi Kuncoro (INA), Joachim Persson (DEN), Peter Gade (DEN), Taufik Hidayat (INA), Chan Yan Kit (HKG), Andrew Smith (ENG) and Wong Choong Hann (MAS)


    Womenís singles: Zhou Mi (HKG), Tine Rasmussen (DEN), Wang Chen (HKG), Pi Hongyan (FRA), Xu Huaiwen (GER), Wong Mew Choo (MAS), Saina Nehwal (IND) and Yu Hirayama (JPN).


    Menís doubles: Markis Kido-Hendra Setiawan (INA), Zakry Abdul Latif-Mohd Fairuzizuan Tazari (MAS), Lee Yong Dae-Jung Jae Sung (KOR), Mathias Boe-Carsten Mogensen (DEN), Candra Wijaya-Tony Gunawan (INA-USA), Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong (MAS), Simon Mollyhus-Anders Kristiansen (DEN) and Cho Gun Woo-Yoo Yeon Seong (to be confirmed).


    Womenís doubles: Wong Pei Tty-Chin Eei Hui (MAS), Lilyana Natsir-Vita Marissa (INA), Kamilla Rytter Juhl-Lena Frier Kristiansen (DEN), Ha Jung Eun-Kim Min Jung (KOR), Charmaine Reid-Nicole Grether (CAN-GER), Duang Anong Aroonkesorn-Kunchala Voravitchitchaikul (THA), Jo Novita-Greysia Polii (INA) and Judith Meulendijks-Yao Jie (NED).


    Mixed doubles: Nova Widianto-Lilyana Natsir (INA), Thomas Laybourn-Kamilla Rytter Juhl (DEN), Anthony Clark-Donna Kellogg (ENG), Robert Blair-Imogen Bakier (ENG-SCO), Sudket Prapakamol-Saralee Thoungthongkam (THA), Songphon Anugritayawon-Kunchala Voravitchitchaikul (THA), Yoo Yeon Seong-Kim Min Jung (KOR, to be confirmed) and Flandy Limpele-Vita Marissa (INA).

  13. #285
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Area 51
    Posts
    2,656
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by etudiant View Post
    Here are the participants to SS Finale after Chn team withdrew :

    Menís singles: Lee Chong Wei (MAS), Sony Dwi Kuncoro (INA), Joachim Persson (DEN), Peter Gade (DEN), Taufik Hidayat (INA), Chan Yan Kit (HKG), Andrew Smith (ENG) and Wong Choong Hann (MAS)


    Womenís singles: Zhou Mi (HKG), Tine Rasmussen (DEN), Wang Chen (HKG), Pi Hongyan (FRA), Xu Huaiwen (GER), Wong Mew Choo (MAS), Saina Nehwal (IND) and Yu Hirayama (JPN).


    Menís doubles: Markis Kido-Hendra Setiawan (INA), Zakry Abdul Latif-Mohd Fairuzizuan Tazari (MAS), Lee Yong Dae-Jung Jae Sung (KOR), Mathias Boe-Carsten Mogensen (DEN), Candra Wijaya-Tony Gunawan (INA-USA), Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong (MAS), Simon Mollyhus-Anders Kristiansen (DEN) and Cho Gun Woo-Yoo Yeon Seong (to be confirmed).


    Womenís doubles: Wong Pei Tty-Chin Eei Hui (MAS), Lilyana Natsir-Vita Marissa (INA), Kamilla Rytter Juhl-Lena Frier Kristiansen (DEN), Ha Jung Eun-Kim Min Jung (KOR), Charmaine Reid-Nicole Grether (CAN-GER), Duang Anong Aroonkesorn-Kunchala Voravitchitchaikul (THA), Jo Novita-Greysia Polii (INA) and Judith Meulendijks-Yao Jie (NED).


    Mixed doubles: Nova Widianto-Lilyana Natsir (INA), Thomas Laybourn-Kamilla Rytter Juhl (DEN), Anthony Clark-Donna Kellogg (ENG), Robert Blair-Imogen Bakier (ENG-SCO), Sudket Prapakamol-Saralee Thoungthongkam (THA), Songphon Anugritayawon-Kunchala Voravitchitchaikul (THA), Yoo Yeon Seong-Kim Min Jung (KOR, to be confirmed) and Flandy Limpele-Vita Marissa (INA).
    I thought TH and LYD/JJS have withdrawn as well?

  14. #286
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Now we can see the money distribution..

    Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    YONEX-SUNRISE BWF WORLD SUPER SERIES MASTERS FINALS 2008

    More $$$ for doubles

    11 December 2008
    ...www.internationalbadminton.org
    ..thanks for the news link. Not too shabby for the winner's prize money, esp. over a 3-day tournament..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 12-12-2008 at 05:35 AM.

  15. #287
    Regular Member etudiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Christian Grey's playroom
    Posts
    12,211
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    I thought TH and LYD/JJS have withdrawn as well?
    yes.....sorry...........TH also withdrew...........but LYD/JJS is still coming.........

  16. #288
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Area 51
    Posts
    2,656
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by etudiant View Post
    yes.....sorry...........TH also withdrew...........but LYD/JJS is still coming.........
    Oh, I see. Thank you.

    I was referring to this post.
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...76&postcount=1

  17. #289
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    884
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So bad.. China players withdraw. But it opens chance for other country players to get title. Since china is too dominant..

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2008 World Super Series Masters Finals (SF and F video)
    By modious in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 139
    : 01-23-2009, 08:37 AM
  2. Super Series Master Finals 2008 - Finals (Day 4 - 21st Dec)
    By robin7 in forum Super Series Master Finals 2008
    Replies: 697
    : 12-22-2008, 01:23 AM
  3. Super Series Master Finals 2008 - Semi-Finals (Day 3 - 20th Dec)
    By robin7 in forum Super Series Master Finals 2008
    Replies: 927
    : 12-20-2008, 11:29 AM
  4. Li Ning China Open Super Series 2008: Day 6 (Finals)
    By abedeng in forum China Open (2) / Hong Kong Open / Vietnam Open 2008
    Replies: 435
    : 11-23-2008, 11:09 PM
  5. 2008 China Masters Super Series Semifinals and Finals
    By uploader08 in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 5
    : 09-27-2008, 08:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •