Review Kumpoo POWER SHOT NANO 1500

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by dranmo, Oct 6, 2008.

1. dranmo

dranmo Regular Member

Sales
    Recently I just purchas a new racket Kumpoo Power Shot Nano because there is a new technology is added to badminton racket. The THREE TIERED SHAFT!!! The price is also beyond my believe. (almost enough to buy YY ARC10) I personally owned a Kumpoo PowerShot Nano 1100 and a bit fan of it. I hope my review wont be too sided.

References:
    http://www.kumpoo.jp/rackets/ps-nano1500.html

Kumpoo Power Shot Nano 1500 (with BG80@23lbs)

My first impression is a strange racket because the shaft width changes at the end and at the top. 4U is still bit light but feel head heavy. Shaft is stiff like MP99. Compare to Nano 1100, its an improvement. Nano 1100 has a softer shaft and when doing smashing, its very hard to push it to a sharper angel.

Clear: Easy to drive a good clear
    Drop: Its a good control racket and allow me to put the ball close to the net.
    Net: Fast. Very Fast! Its easy for my finger to send the ball to where I wanted. Easy for me to create chances for my partner in the back.
    Smash: Good power and sharper angel compare to 1100. With 1100, you feel the lacking but 1500 doesnt have that kind of problem.
    Drive: VERY FAST. Power of 4U allows the driving game push to next level. However the head is heavy, seems slower compare to 1100

Overall: Its a well balance racket that I havent encounter for a long time. Since I have been very lazy and havent play with it for long, I still have not discover where the THREE TIERED SHAFT good for. It said suppose to generate more power, better reaction time for smashes and clear. First when I test it, it seems nice and true but still the price is a bit... Honestly speaking, the price is enough to buy a top YY racket. Unless you are a big fan of 4U, you can find a lot of similar racket with a cheaper price.

2. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Since when did badminton use "ball" . I am sure the racket would of broken by now if a ball is literally used when it is suppose to be the shuttle :D

3. mnanchala

mnanchala Regular Member

Engineer
    #3 mnanchala, Oct 7, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  4. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I don't know what he's talking about if he's referring about a different sport. Also the links are regarding a different badminton and not the same one.

It's more like somone talking about soft tennis when we're talking about tennis.

Simple logic here.

Ball Badminton != Badminton
    Soft Tennis != Tennis

#4 Matt, Oct 7, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  5. mnanchala

mnanchala Regular Member

Engineer
    I think he was referring to the Shuttlecock as 'ball'. I have seen a lot of people do that. And I think you understood it that way too.

I posted about the other sport just as an FYI. That there is a sport where you 'do' use a ball with badminton[-like] racquets.

6. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Yeah I know, but it's just to get their attention to use the correct terms.