User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 51
  1. #1
    Regular Member Sgbad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,513
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Yonex Floating clamps

    Hi guys
    I have heard alot about yonex floating clamps to be very good for the crosses, may i know does it do equally well for the mains? I know i have asked this question for many times, please pardon me, how do the yonex ones perform compared to the hiqua/mbs floating clamps. Is the difference in performance significant?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    179
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think they are equally good in terms of performance, but hiqua clamps is easier to use, you need to press on it harder than hiqua ones to get the teeth open (because hiqua is longer so more lever effect). Forgot all my physics terms, sorry.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Sgbad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,513
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2007fp View Post
    I think they are equally good in terms of performance, but hiqua clamps is easier to use, you need to press on it harder than hiqua ones to get the teeth open (because hiqua is longer so more lever effect). Forgot all my physics terms, sorry.
    Thats true. But can the yonex ones hold better?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The most important things to look for when using flying clamps are :
    1. You need four flying clamps for the mains and two for the crosses. Using less than 4 will still get your stringing job done but it will not be a quality job.
    2. Two of the flying clamps must be of good length, the other two can be shorter. One of the longer and one of the shorter flying clamp must have a wide enough width to handle the large string gaps in the crosses and some areas of the mains, to avoid pulling your strings from being out of parallel alignment.
    3. The flying clamps must be for badminton use, not tennis.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Sgbad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,513
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    The most important things to look for when using flying clamps are :
    1. You need four flying clamps for the mains and two for the crosses. Using less than 4 will still get your stringing job done but it will not be a quality job.
    2. Two of the flying clamps must be of good length, the other two can be shorter. One of the longer and one of the shorter flying clamp must have a wide enough width to handle the large string gaps in the crosses and some areas of the mains, to avoid pulling your strings from being out of parallel alignment.
    3. The flying clamps must be for badminton use, not tennis.
    So Sir tannepak,
    What do u think i should get? Should i get
    1)yonex floating clamps x4

    Or

    2)Hiqua x2, Yonex x2.

    Or

    3)Hiqua floating clamps x4

    What do u suggest?

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    51
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm not Mr Taneepak, but I personally use 4Hi Qua for mains, and 2Yonex for crosses, as many of us down here.

    Maybe you could do the job with 2 of each. I already had 4Hiqua before considering buying 2Yonex. Much easier to have straight crosses with Yonex ones. And easier with HiQua for mains if you have prestrung.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Sgbad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,513
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akasanva View Post
    I'm not Mr Taneepak, but I personally use 4Hi Qua for mains, and 2Yonex for crosses, as many of us down here.

    Maybe you could do the job with 2 of each. I already had 4Hiqua before considering buying 2Yonex. Much easier to have straight crosses with Yonex ones. And easier with HiQua for mains if you have prestrung.
    Thanks for the suggestions! By the way, why are the hiqua's better for the mains?

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In terms of quality, HQ = Yonex (main), HQ < Yonex (cross, as Yonex is wider)

    In terms of easy usage, HQ > Yonex (main), HQ < Yonex (cross, as Yonex is winder).

    Therefore, personally I prefer use use HQ for main, and Yonex for cross. I have 2 HQ and 3 Yonex. For main, I mainly use 2HQ + 1 Yonex (1HQ + 1 Yonex on the working side), for cross, 2 Yonex are good enough.

    Reason that I only use 3 for main, is I am using a drop weight machine, which I believe the next pull will make up (if you give a few more seconds of waiting time) any of the previous tension loss.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    There
    Posts
    177
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I checked with the badminton alley for YY floating clamps they are selling for $28.00 but shipping charge is $13 something. Is there any other place I can get them cheaper in North America.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,661
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedude View Post
    I checked with the badminton alley for YY floating clamps they are selling for $28.00 but shipping charge is $13 something. Is there any other place I can get them cheaper in North America.
    Go to your Yonex dealer in BC and ask them to order a set for you? May be ask Ah_Shum to help you out?

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    There
    Posts
    177
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't have any information regarding Yonex dealer in BC. Do you mind to let me have.
    By the way, 4 HQ sounds pretty all right to me because I can order from MBS directly.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,661
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedude View Post
    I don't have any information regarding Yonex dealer in BC. Do you mind to let me have.
    By the way, 4 HQ sounds pretty all right to me because I can order from MBS directly.
    Call 403-243-0930 and ask for the one near you. I believe there are at lease 2 auth dealer in BC.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    There
    Posts
    177
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thank you very much.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Greatest GrandMaster SH, are you sure you give out the right number?

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,661
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD View Post
    Greatest GrandMaster SH, are you sure you give out the right number?
    Be happy I did not give out your number...

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am okay with that as long as the caller is a hot female badder .

    Quote Originally Posted by silentheart View Post
    Be happy I did not give out your number...

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    There
    Posts
    177
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The girl from YY Alberta quoted $35 each, W&D is selling 8 Pounds($16) in UK for the same clamp. something wrong ????

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FS: =>> Yonex Flying (floating) Clamps
    By gavias in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 12-20-2011, 07:51 PM
  2. FS: selling 2 used yonex floating clamps
    By hiTheBirdie in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 1
    : 05-11-2011, 07:12 PM
  3. MBS floating clamps.
    By Sgbad in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 7
    : 06-10-2008, 12:38 PM
  4. Where can i buy Yonex floating clamps?
    By Gilly23 in forum Market Place
    Replies: 1
    : 05-31-2005, 11:04 AM
  5. Anyone know how to use floating clamps?
    By Quan in forum General Forum
    Replies: 3
    : 03-27-2002, 04:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •