black knight superlight serie

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by granzon2, Oct 9, 2008.

1. granzon2

granzon2 Regular Member

i am a mostly defensive player and iwas wandering if anyone could explane me the advantages and drawback of the black knight superlight serie

2. noobtron

noobtron Regular Member

Hey, I've used this racket several times at my club. It is VERY light, which means u can swing it really fast. I found this racket to be good for drives and defense due to the fast swing speed. However, i also feel more comfortable doing drops due to the maneuverability of this racket, especially when I do subtle slices, and double action shots.

The drawback is that the power of my smashes are slightly reduced from a normal stiff, 3u racket. Also when you do a full out jump smash it feels like there's an emptiness between you and the birdie, basically there's not enough feel when you smash.

hope my experience is helpful :)

3. granzon2

granzon2 Regular Member

thank it help me alot:)

4. granzon2

granzon2 Regular Member

can you tell me if you find the sweetspot big or small?

5. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

There are several rackets in this series, are there not?
    The Photon is supposed to be the most aggressive of them. It comes in an XL form too that is supposed to give more power. I've rallied a bit with it. It does seem to hit above it's weight, if you know what I mean.

The Feather XL is very light and quick. I have played a few games with that and loved it for net play. But smashing was weak.

I have forgotten the third in that series and I've never seen it.

Surely in Repintigny there must be BK rackets about for you to try, no?

Best of luck.

6. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    in the superlite series if im not mistaken i know about the 4 racquets the ghost, feather, photon, and photon XL.

ive tried them all and to be honest they were really really light. at first when you pick it up well it really does feel like your not holding anything simply because of the weight (all around 75ish grams) which is extreamly light. as for bag factor when hitting at 1st it felt really weird and my swing was really off but after time it starts to all settle into place but it really doesnt feel like your normal racquet the power just doesnt seem to be easilt there for me anyways im use to my head heavy and stiff shaft. defense however well yes it is very much easier to manouver the racquet around than others and that would be an advantage.

so for me personally i feel the advantages are manourviability because of the lightness but the drawback would be in terms of feel maby a little power but im sure that as long as you have the correct technique and time to adjust to it then i wont matter and it will feel just right for you. but thats what you have to do try it out and make sure that you like it since not all racquets will feel right when your using them.

well best of luck with regards to that.

7. noobtron

noobtron Regular Member

The thing is, because this racket is so light, I've found that you have to hit RIGHT ON the sweetspot in order to generate decent power. But when you do, its like BANNNGGG its power to weight ratio is OVER 9000!!!

8. BennyC

BennyC Regular Member

N/A
    Photon For Aggressiveness
    Feather for control
    Ghost for a bit of both.

Personally, i've never bought any but have had the priviledge of trying them. Out of the 3, the photon seems to suit most people and these things do really swing THAT fast. Initially, i thought i wouldn't get any more from it but after i used it, it was quite powerful. So unless you';ve been playing with an At700, At900P or At900t, you'll find this quite beastly =)

P.S. Drawbacks would be more use of wrist than arm and slightly less pwoer compared to other rackets

9. xXazn_romeoXx

xXazn_romeoXx Regular Member

North American Technical Director for Oliver Sport
    follow up on benny's comment:

i own the ghost and up until i broke it (which was like a couple monthes later, the dang thing is REALLY light!!) i loved it to death. it generates a huge amount of power through swing speed and wrist snaps. again, if you've gotten used to the armortecs, you probably won't get much out of it. unless you trained your wrist and your strokes to almost always sweetspot, you're not gunna get much out of these rackets, except exceptional defence. i haven't tried the feather, or photon xl, but the regular photon seemed to have weight problems, and which is why they introduced the XL type, to adjust that. the photon is NOT for power hitters!! you will BREAK the RACKET!!! the photon XL is better adjusted to power smashers, and kepted the same good drives and net shot features of the old photon. i'd say if you are planning to get one, do if you have the cash, but don't if you can't afford it. there are cheaper alternatives in the same weight class...i believe a 77g RSL? but it definately trains your ability to hit sweet spots, and i can interchange rackets and different weights pretty easily, and still hit mostly sweet spot. hope it helps!

10. shuttlehead

shuttlehead Regular Member

retired
    Black Knight PCV SL

What is the balance point of the Photon SL? The length from the end of the handle to the point of balance.