User Tag List

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Players from China are used to tough Badminton training from a very young age

Quote Originally Posted by gitee View Post

Well, certainly hope not for Li Li to rejoin. Heard that she quit because she could not take the tough training of the coach. Which coach, like Rexy, would spend his own hours to train you if he is not passionate and not hoping for you to get results uh ?

gitee ... So surprised that you say that you hope not for Li Li to rejoin SBA.

I met Li Li when she came to Melbourne for the 2006 Commonwealth Games. She showed great skills, especially with her skillful Dropshots. She is an excellent player.

Players from China are always used to tough training from a very young age. So I have to disagree with you that Li Li could not take the tough training. I thought she'd possessed the heart of a lion within her small size of only 1.60m in height.

Anyway, SBA have said that if Li Li finds her desire for active competition again, the door will be open for her.

Here is an article about Li Li returning to Wuhan, Hubei.

====== * ====== start article ====== * ======

The Straits Times
    January 31, 2008
    By Jeanette Wang

Singapore's top woman shuttler, Li Li has thrown in the towel for good

A Singapore Badminton Association (SBA) official yesterday confirmed with The Straits Times that the 24-year-old player tendered her resignation form the national team "late last week".

Said the official: "Li Li cited personal reasons. The SBA respected her decision and has accepted her resignation.

"But, if she finds her desire for active competition again, the door is always open."

Yesterday morning, Li Li returned to her native Wuhan in China's Hubei province to spend Chinese New Year with her parents. She could not be reached for comment.

Zhang Quigwu, who had coached the shuttler to her biggest win - the 2002 Commonwealth Games title - was surprised when told of the news.

He said: "With the Olympics coming up this year, she had no reason to quit."

Li Li, the world No 27, was on course to qualify for one of the 38 berths at August's Beijing Games.

She was part of Project 0812, the Singapore National Olympic Council initiative launched last January with the goal of clinching the Republic an Olympic medal at the 2008 or 2012 Games.

The project is armed with a war chest of about $7 million and comprises athletes from sailing, table tennis, shooting and badminton, including Ronald Susilo and Li Yujia (and her WD partner Jiang Yanmei, I believe).

No doubt, Li Li's resignation a is a loss to the SBA.

She was an integral member of the gold medal-winning women's team at the 2003 South-east Asia Games and the 2006 Asian Games runner-up team.

But the SBA official added: "When the player really feels tired and needs a break, continuing is not something you can force her to do. We wish her good luck and we hope she has a good break."

Known for possessing the heart of a lion within a pint-sized 1.60 m frame, Li Li came to Singapore in late 1997 and received citizenship in 2002. (She was from a pioneer batch of 3 or 4 girls from China.)

She rose to prominence after stunning home favourite Tracey Hallam of England in the 2002 Commonwealth Games final in Manchester. It was the Republic's first Commonwealth Games badminton gold.

But, since then, the Singapore Sports Council Hall of Famer has been plagued with knee injuries and has struggled to find her form.

At the 2006 Commonwealth Games she made an early exit after falling to India's Aparna Popat in the round of 16.

====== * ====== end article ====== * ======

Last edited by chris-ccc; 10-14-2008 at 12:06 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc View Post
    gitee ... So surprised that you say that you hope not for Li Li to rejoin SBA.

I met Li Li when she came to Melbourne for the 2006 Commonwealth Games. She showed great skills, especially with her skillful Dropshots. She is an excellent player.

Players from China are always used to tough training from a very young age. So I have to disagree with you that Li Li could not take the tough training. I thought she'd possessed the heart of a lion within her small size of only 1.60m in height.

Anyway, SBA have said that if Li Li finds her desire for active competition again, the door will be open for her.

Here is an article about Li Li returning to Wuhan, Hubei.

Hey Chris .... I mean if she really cannot tahan tough training, then she better not rejoin. Bcause competition very tough out there with young ones coming up. See, our Mew Choo trains very hard, also have hard time. So needless to say, if a player is not willing to train hard, no point. Of course, if Li Li has changed and willing to work hard, she could re joins.

Although china players all used to training hard, many who go abroad feel they need not train as hard as their chinese counterparts. Bcause in China, competition strong. You do not train hard, someone replace you what. In other countries, no strong competition.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gitee View Post
    Hey Chris .... I mean if she really cannot tahan tough training, then she better not rejoin. Bcause competition very tough out there with young ones coming up. See, our Mew Choo trains very hard, also have hard time. So needless to say, if a player is not willing to train hard, no point. Of course, if Li Li has changed and willing to work hard, she could re joins.

Although china players all used to training hard, many who go abroad feel they need not train as hard as their chinese counterparts. Bcause in China, competition strong. You do not train hard, someone replace you what. In other countries, no strong competition.
    ya...i agree what gitee said...if zhu lin not go to hk next...but macau...will she train as hard as she in china team???...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed in the end it is up to the player concerned whether he/she has the desire and commitment to work hard and smart to achieve his/her goals.

It is quite pointless if a player's attitude and aptitude are at odds. In the end failure will only be the outcome and much effort and resources will be wasted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesnt matter if she goes.

She will regret to let go her career in a such beautiful and nice country....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Dato Asbullah;1003172]Doesnt matter if she goes.

She will regret to let go her career in a such beautiful and nice country....[/QUOTE]

Dato, are you referring to Singapore?
    If you are, thank you once again and you are most welcome to visit us anytime.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahem.. can we have some tall, slim and leggy imports for a change? i could still remember the 'model' xiao lu xi... can we buy wang yi han?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sealman View Post
    ahem.. can we have some tall, slim and leggy imports for a change? i could still remember the 'model' xiao lu xi... can we buy wang yi han?
    Why don't you send her a personal invitation, enclosing your photo.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Erm...do Singapore Want Me????...hehe

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    Erm...do Singapore Want Me????...hehe
    Sealman wants girls only lah!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about Fu Mingtian? She is another WS player in singapore, I think she will do better in future ,her sister is Diving Queen Fu Mingxia, won four olympic gold medals.
    Last edited by fzustudents; 10-15-2008 at 12:20 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fzustudents View Post
    How about Fu Mingtian? I think she will do better in future ,her sister is Diving Queen Fu Mingxia, won four olympic gold medals.
    OH...is this true???

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    Sealman wants girls only lah!
    uncle loh...sealman is sba head meh???......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OH...is this true???
    It's ture,I just known that Fu Mingtian is the sister of Fu Mingxia

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

walau.......so pro sba get her.......applause...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could they not be cousins only?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uncle loh...sealman is sba head meh???......
    Don't say that, otherwise sba may go for his head! And you will not have a chance to be selected by him!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast