FORZA racquets

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Mag, Jan 23, 2001.

1. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    There's been much talk about "marginal" badminton brands here lately. The consensus seems to be that if you want lasting quality, go for an established brand such as Yonex or Carlton.

Now, I've recently noticed that several European elite players are using Forza racquets. They seem to be doing a lot of sponsoring here now. I don't know much about this brand, other than that it started in Denmark a few years ago, and that it was one of the biggest selling brands there last year. In contrast to many Asian brands, they don't seem to be into copying Yonex or anyone else, instead they are concentrating on original models and technologies. They're not cheap either.

Does anyone here know anything about this brand? Are they entering other markets than the European? Can you find them in shops in Asia, Canada or USA?

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    there is one teenager in my club that has one. Forgot the model number. It has a isometric shape frame, large Ti-mesh patch at 10, 2, 4 and 8 o'clock position. A light racquet, not head heavy style. I tried it for a few clear shots but inconclusive because the strings were strung too loose for me to give a firm evaluation of that forza racquet.

3. Pete

Pete Guest

Hi Mag,

Does Forza have a website?

4. vince poon

vince poon Guest

There are 2 people uses it at my badminton place, same model but can't recall the model. At the sweet spot, the vertical and horizontal strings are closer together, more dense (smaller square). I didn't play with it but it feel very light. I think they said it cost less $100 canadian.

5. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Well, not that I have found. They sell Forza online at http://www.racketshop.dk and Prizm sports in Canada also have them online at http://www.forzacanada.com

Apart from that they don't seem to be present on the web.

6. AF

AF Guest

A few years ago, there was an exchange student from Denmark that came to town. About 1997-98. She was very exceptional at both soccer and badminton, even made some noise at the provincial high school championships. Winning the B title only because of a bad draw which had her play the #2 seed right away.

Anyways, she had a Forza racquet and Forza shoes. Older model than present day but they seemed nothing like any Yonex racquet or Carlton racquet. I found it pretty well made, just not that powerful. Good steady control though.

7. Brett

Brett Regular Member

I was curious about Hi-Qua racquets so I e-mailed them and among other information I obtained, they told me that they make Forza and Victor racquets. The construction of the racquets takes place at their factory in Taiwan and they do the finishes in China.

8. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    I would be surprised if a small brand like HiQua actually has their own factory. It's not uncommon that several brands have their production at the same plant. It doesn't mean their models are the same, of course.

Accidentally, I watched a tape of the Men's Single semifinal at the Copenhagen Masters 1999, where danes Jens Eriksen and Jesper Larsen obliterated Ricky Subagdja and Denny Kartono. Jens & Jesper are both very aggressive power players with extremely hard smashes. Both use marginal brand racquets. Jesper uses French(?) Babolat racquets and Jens uses Forza. They are ranked #4 right now. I thought it was a law of nature that you had to use Yonex at that level ;-)

9. AF

AF Guest

Hi Qua, well, they are like the OEM of Victor and possibly Forza, not that I know the later is true or not. Here is a real story that I have had experienced with my HiQua products. I am playing during a tournament with my Blue Grade (IBF, they also have Red Grade which is also IBF rated) and as I am pulling shuttles out to steam the feathers before play. Something caught my attention, in the middle of my tube, there were 2 shuttles with Victor stickers on them instead of Hiqua. I already knew that they made shuttles for Victor but this was very funny to me. haha, just wanted to pass it on.

Mag wrote:
    >
    > I would be surprised if a small brand like HiQua
    > actually has their own factory. It's not uncommon that
    > several brands have their production at the same plant. It
    > doesn't mean their models are the same, of course.
    >
    > Accidentally, I watched a tape of the Men's Single semifinal
    > at the Copenhagen Masters 1999, where danes Jens Eriksen and
    > Jesper Larsen obliterated Ricky Subagdja and Denny Kartono.
    > Jens & Jesper are both very aggressive power players with
    > extremely hard smashes. Both use marginal brand racquets.
    > Jesper uses French(?) Babolat racquets and Jens uses Forza.
    > They are ranked #4 right now. I thought it was a law of
    > nature that you had to use Yonex at that level ;-)