Elbow Problem

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by clarence09, Oct 11, 2008.

1. clarence09

clarence09 Regular Member

Hello guys, is there anyone in here had experience elbow pain problem? I can feel the pain when i hit a strong smash or with some shots, but mostly with smashes. any suggestion and recommendation? and after the injury we´re you able to go back on the same level or can even improve more afterwards?im on difficult situation now:crying::crying::crying:..need your help.. thanks in advance

2. derekcai

derekcai Regular Member

Hi, i had that same problem a week back, plagued me for 2 weeks before i decided to take a break. I rested for 5-6 days and now i'm back to normal condition. It hurts llike hell when you hit the frame on a backhand smash/clear eh.

3. clarence09

Derekcai thanks for the info, so now it doesnt bother anymore? what else did you except resting? .ööö

4. charleslml

charleslml Regular Member

i had the same problems too. Apart from resting, i'm also applying deep heating pain relieve rub.

Now is better d.

5. smashingmark

smashingmark Regular Member

I had a similar problem before.. Do you play tennis or other sports besides badminton? Sometimes it occurs because of that.. I did rest too and it cured but depending on how bad the injury is, it may take even weeks. Mine was close to 2 weeks.. After 2 weeks and if it still hurts, do see a sports doctor.. he would know what to do best..

Ciao
    smashingmark.wordpress.com

6. chongkiatz

chongkiatz Regular Member

i been stop 3 year for badminton before and after playing back... i got the same problem with u...

1st week...even with normal base-to-base hit also feel pain with my elbow...
    2nd week...not as pain as 1st week but stil feel the pain of elbow
    after a month...i get lesser pain compared to 1st week

until 2 month which is now...i have no pain with normal hit unless smashing...smashing somehow will feel abit hurt for everyone....just won't as pain as until u normal smash also can feel the pain....

7. green.blood

green.blood Regular Member

Feather basher
    I had the same problem recently when I started playing again. My hand cannot stop trembling after playing. Very painful too.

An elbow guard will help. I continously use it for 2 weeks and the pain goes away. After the elbow trouble came the rotator cuff and recovered after 1.5 month. My tip is to regularly exercise the arm. Pumping is very good.

8. slam_w2k

slam_w2k Regular Member

It's it tennis elbow

Do you think you have tennis elbow? You can look up the definition at this forum or google. I got tennis elbow for the last 4 months, I rested for 3 months. But as soon as I start to play again, the tennis elbow came right back.

I just did acupuncture on Saturday and so far most of the pain are gone. I am going let it rest and will be playing this Tuesday. I heard acupuncture can really help tennis elbow. I am keeping my finger cross.

9. clarence09

Hey guys, thanks alot for your responses. i really appreciate it, im resting now, my coach said need to stop playing for 2 weeks,then visit physio... Slam_w2k we think im suffering tennis elbow, how painful was yours? i checked out the symptoms of tennis elbow, i have some of those but not all... did you use the elbow support when you get back? how come you had to stay away for 3months? was it very painful? mine is not painful at all when im doing nothing at all or if im not playing. Pain occurs when i hit smash and some shots and when i lift some heavy items. i´ve been resting now for 2 days and doing cold compress, it seems working, im checking the level of pain everyday. it kinda lessen, so im very hopeful and optimistic i can go back in 3-4weeks. finger cross as well.hehehe. thanks for sharing

10. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    I had tennis elbow

I had tennis elbow before. I visited a physiatrist and she gave me Vigel cream to use every morning and every night. She also made me attend a physical therapy rehab 6 times for 2 weeks. It's gone already.

My condition was the same as yours. I only felt pain when using a certain grip or lifting heavy objects. The pain was tolerable, but I was advised to have it treated before it got worse. Rest is also important. The doctor also made me wear an elbow support.

I hope you get better soon.

11. coachgary

coachgary Regular Member

You may want to check your overhead shot technique and that you are using the correct grip. Try to have a relaxed grip in preparation to hit and only squeeze on contact with shuttle. You are probably holding the racket too tightly which casing poor mechanics and extra stress on your elbow. You may like to check that the racket grip isn't too small for your hand, this can also cause you to hold on too tightly

12. slam_w2k

slam_w2k Regular Member

I am happy to report that my tennis elbow pain had not came back!!

I have tennis elbow pain for 4 months, I did the elbow stretch excise and rested. I don't have pain for daily activity, but feel pain making the badminton swing and when I stretch. I played couple times last month with arm band, but the pain just wouldn't go away.

I have acupuncture done last Saturday. I waited couple days, and all the pains are gone. I went to play last night(Tuesday). I felt no pain during play and the next morning.

I will continue report my progress, I think acupuncture worked in my case.

13. clarence09

hey guys, thanks for teh responses, i´ve been resting for 3 days now, and seems the pain lessens, im checking it by gripping or some stretches, but i´ll still be visiting physio just waiting for my appointment, and maybe i´ll try the acupuncture advice as well. i really wanted to get over this,huhu. coach gary thanks as well for the info, my coach and been trying to change my grips and my tecniques on different shots, im kinda new on him so we´re on the process on that, for all responses thanks alot, it made me more optimistic and hopeful of my case.thanks.. i´ll keep on posting my progress as well.

14. MuRRe

MuRRe Regular Member

Student
    I just started playing badminton and I played my first match today.
    Now I feel how it hurts in elbow.
    I'm worried that I wasted alot of money on my Arc10.
    I HOPE it's bad technique from my side and that it won't happpen with proper use and also not doin as hard training.

15. Taffy2

Taffy2 Regular Member

retired
    Find a good physio ...... this will save you time and more than likely shorten your pain time.

16. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    since it's your first match, it's all but natural to feel pain, not only on your elbow but all over your body. don't give up on badminton yet. the technique is to just continue playing consistently. eventually, the pain will wear off. however, if the pain still persists, maybe like a couple of weeks or so, go see a doctor.

17. clarence09

Hey guys, thanks for the responses, im getting better now. so far it´s been 4 or 5 days now that i didnt feel any pain at all after resting for a week, and i´ve done the stretching tecnique that slam_w2k shared to me. and i think it´s really effective,heehehe. i ditch the physio, didnt went there, i tried to observe and do some basic care and the stretching techniques i guessed it works. i´m going back to court later on and try if im really over with this injury... thanks a lot all. i´ll back tomorrow for some updates..ööö

18. MuRRe

MuRRe Regular Member

Student
    What is the "elbow stretch excise"?

19. DonnyGan

DonnyGan Regular Member

Logistics
    I'm experiencing mild pain on the elbow as well after consecutive sessions from last week. Below was the duration. However, i'm taking a week rest to avoid further aggravating the pain & hopefully it will go away by the next 2hr session on 10 Apr. Pain was obvious when wielding the AT900 & didn't realise the pain was bad until i tried to lift up the kettle for some water. Let's see if goes away.

29 Mar - 1hr
    30 Mar - 1hr
    1 Apr - 2hr
    3 Apr - 1hr
    4 Apr - 1hr
    5 Apr - 1hr

20. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    Did you increase the tension of your string? Maybe this is the cause why you're have elbow pain.