Nanospeed 800,Armortec250 or Muscle Power 29Lt?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Liverpool88, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Liverpool88

Liverpool88 Regular Member

student
    Hey i am looking to buy a new racket but i am still deciding between these three. I am a offensive player, my old racket is a cab 8 but i am looking for something new as i have had this racket for about five years now! Any suggestions will be helpful:) thanks

2. chongkiatz

chongkiatz Regular Member

Armortec 250 should be a very good for offensive player =)

3. noobtron

noobtron Regular Member

What's your skill level? Amortec 250 would be a pretty good training racket.

4. Liverpool88

student
    Um intermediate to good ish standard. Just trying to improve:). By the way i have felt the armortec 250 and it seems very head heavy, which may be good for smashing; but perhaps a little heavy to manouvre? The nanospeed 800 seems very head light ( anybody know the price difference between 800 and 4500 ? ). And the MP-29lt seems light but slightly head heavy

#4 Liverpool88, Oct 11, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  5. noobtron

noobtron Regular Member

at 250 is indeed heavy, but that's also why I suggested it. The weight helps you build wrist strength, and will help you develop the skills for the stiffer higher end rackets such as at900, ns 9k.

The way I see it is that all badminton addicts eventually buy a high end Yonex racket at some point in their life:D:D:D, so I would rather get a slightly heavy training racket now so that you can benefit later =)

6. OSFcross

OSFcross Regular Member

Registered Nurse
    I vote for the MP29lt for sheer sexyness alone! Have any of you seen that thing? It's gorgeous!

I'm guessing it's not so bad as well, performance-wise. It has the usual MP frame, Ti, and shockless grommets.

7. Liverpool88

student
    Yep heavy is good for training but my cab8 was already pretty heavy:S

ps: yea the mp29 has a sexy design! but the stringing tension was something like 18-22lbs??

8. Liverpool88

student
    Yep heavy is good for training but ive had my cab8 and that thing weighs a ton! maybe i should try something new?

ps: yep mp29 is nice but when i went to see it the strining tension was 18-22lbs or something??

9. chongkiatz

u can actually string more than that easily...that just the recommanded string tension recommand by yonex....those top player actually stringing over 30lbs =)

10. Liverpool88

student
    hmm but i thought if you string over recommended tension, and just say the racket breaks; doesnt it void the warrenty:confused:

11. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Tsk tsk.. you wouldn't know what a tonne weighs like until you tried the original 2 piece Cab15. Cab 8 is flyweight by comparison.

12. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Conversely, if you do not enjoy the racket due to inadequate string tension, then what's the point?

Yonex's string tension is generally way too low. My Cab30 has a recommended tension of up to 22lbs. I find that the racket peaked for me at 24+lbs. I had one that was strung to 22lbs but I did not touch that racket at all, preferring the whole time to use the 24lbs racket. In the end, I restrung the 22lbs racket to 25lbs. Loving every moment of it now.

#12 weeyeh, Oct 13, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  13. chongkiatz

lol...so what ur ideal tension?? if it's not over 28....yonex racket 100% to be safe to string <28lbs....if tension with 27lbs will broke a yonex racket...then u can ask either the stringer or yonex racket go die...

14. Liverpool88

student
    Weeyeh i ment weighs a ton in comparison to some of the lighter rackets ive felt like the ti-5/7 or the nanospeed 500/800 ( or head light rackets ). But the B-450 was the first racket i got when i was small and i can proudly say it DOES weigh a ton :p( still have it :) ).

My ideal string tension was 26/27lbs. And i remember some salesperson telling me about string tension and if its higher than recommended they will not allow me to return it if anything happens. But im sure yonex rackets can handle anything below 28lbs( to be safe ), like you said :)

If i string at 27lbs and it breaks im gonna go LEE CHEONG WEI on them:D

#14 Liverpool88, Oct 13, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  15. chongkiatz

where do u string ur racket last time?? it's better to give a trustable or professional to string ur racket....but seriously....27lbs is not really a high tension for a yonex racket....even a malay gal work at my fren shop also can string 28lbs easily....she doesn't look very pro...she told me she can easily string a yonex racket with 28lbs...never fail...zzzzz

16. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

I know... just pulling your legs :p

Then you will not feel comfortable playing at the recommended tension of 21 or 22lbs. So I'd rather take the risk and enjoy the racket than to worry about the warranty and hate the racket for it. In any case, modern rackets can be be strung to 28-30lbs without much problem so the risk is minimal. Unless you hit the frame or clash a lot.

If you buy your racket from any good shop, they should have no problem stringing up to the tension you want ;)

17. Liverpool88

student
    I can string from Royal sporting house, studio R or any department store.
    And true, it would probably be more wise to enjoy the racket then to worry too much about minor stuff;). Anybody know much about nanospeed 4500? and the price difference between this and the ns800. Here in Malaysia the Ns800 cost 180rm, if the Ns4500 cost about 240-300 i wouldnt mind paying extra.

( The Ns5000 cost 400-440 here By the way )

#17 Liverpool88, Oct 14, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  18. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

*Faint*. Brother, first time I noticed you are from Malaysia. Do consider APACS or ProAce. They are damn cheap in up north and IMHO presents much better value than the low to midrange Yonex. You can probably get a Proace thunderbolt 2 or 3 for under RM200 strung. I personally prefer these to thunderbolt 5 (too head heavy). ProAce will have no problem if you string them to 30lbs.

If you wait a while, Chongkiatz will tell you how sweet his APACS AMP is (is it delivered?).

Avoid RSH or StudioR. They tend to charge the full price. Many contributors here can point you to a "proper" badminton wares shop near your location if you let us know where you stay.

19. Liverpool88

student
    Anywhere in Kl or selangor would be good.

Ive Never head of APACS or proace :p never really seen them
    gonna do some scouting on them, thanks for the suggestion

20. Liverpool88

student
    Anybody know anything about the Nanogy 95 string?
    or if the bg80,85,66 is best for smashing
    and which is control?