User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    at a broader level, most cities have plastic and feathers players. so we cannot generalize that way. as I mentioned, even in the UK, schools are using plastic too.

esp since the preference of plastic is not by choice, but by economics.

for situation that have both financial and climate freedom, where players are not limited by budgets as well as air pressure concern, we see that the majority of players, even in N. America have already adopted feathers.

i just want to point out that i am not trying to claim which one is better, i am just trying to state what i think is the trend.
    well, i borrowed that generalization from twobeer and taneepak, which i have to admit i gave them the benefit of the doubt.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    thx for the link

i like to add another reason why north american still not breaking loose from plastic. U see, all the feather playing dominated regions have REAL badminton courts and facilities. IE good lighting, good floor, and GOOD background contrast. What is the point of playing expensive feathers on crappy floor, crappy lighting and WHITE walls and ceiling? At least mavis 300 come in yellow. I think i have nailed it. Would taneepak order fresh dim sum as takeout, and eat it with plastic fork, inside his car or around the parking lot? That is why people buy 'FAST' food from takeout and not steak and lobster from McDonald. I think people would appreciate feathers if they can play on real courts. Taneepak say one can't appreciate full badminton with plastic. Well, just switching to feather but still stuck with crappy floor, lighting, walls, feather alone doesn't give u the full badminton experience. I would say ~100% plastic clubs play on rented school gyms, with white walls and ceiling. Just go check, i can say ~100% feather clubs have proper baddy courts.

summary: availability of correct speed shuttles and/or proper courts are the key key reasons why NA is slow to adopt feathers.
    Cooler, many village kids in Malaysia and Indonesia use feathers and they play on hardened mud surfaces or cemented surface. In comparison, your crappy floors, etc., etc. are a luxury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Cooler, many village kids in Malaysia and Indonesia use feathers and they play on hardened mud surfaces or cemented surface. In comparison, your crappy floors, etc., etc. are a luxury.
    so by your prior reasoning, these village kids must be superb players or does this prove that feather playing doesn't automatically equate to skilled players? were these village kids have the opportunity to get plastic shuttle or play leftover used feather shuttles? How much does these village kids know about what shuttle choices out there?
    Last edited by cooler; 04-10-2009 at 10:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winex has the ideal solution to this debate of "Feathers" vs "Plastics", http://badmintoncentral.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=50922. I'm still waiting for my samples to arrive.

A few years ago, there was reports of the IBF using plastics for tournaments (http://badmintoncentral.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=29197)
    Last edited by Winex West Can; 04-10-2009 at 10:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    With this skewed logic playing with using a macaroni as "shuttle" would be "ok".. and the most "skilled" player would win..same for both players...

But it would really just tell who is the most skilled player playing the "macaroni"-ton game...

/Twobeer
    the same logic ur using can be applied against you as, currently, the standard is feathers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    u dunno the history of this debate. I never said plastic play the same as feather shuttle. A shuttle, whether it is made of paper or anything, is just a standard choosen by by side of the players to use. If both side use the same 'ball', the game become who has the best skills since both sides use the same shuttle. However, some feather players think because they play feather, they are automatically better skilled than plastic players. Plastic players never refuse a match using feather, unlike some feather players refuse to play it saying it is not the standard. If it is not the standard, i wonder why Yonex makes them, or BWF try to introduce plastic shuttles into tournaments, only frown down upon by fulltime feather players.
    then just abandon the argument
    there's a saying that goes "a scholar cannot win an argument against a soldier"
    i see your logic and it seems very moderate compared to the extremist views of the feather advocates over here
    they say that nylons will never prevail in history but i am sure that the technology is the stepping stone for synthetic birdies that, in the future, will completely replace feathers

also, throughout this thread you have been proposing the same ideas as have they. this is obviously going nowhere. just let time tell..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winex West Can View Post
    Winex has the ideal solution to this debate of "Feathers" vs "Plastics", http://badmintoncentral.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=50922. I'm still waiting for my samples to arrive.

A few years ago, there was reports of the IBF using plastics for tournaments (http://badmintoncentral.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=29197)
    Wow Master Peter, that was like 2 years ago almost!!! and still no samples?

Still though it is nice to see the manufacturers making attempts at making some higher quality nylon shuttles.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

since most discussion in this thread abandon any sense of logic, statistical soundness, and employed tit-for-tat arguments. this thread will be closed.

if in the future, members chooses to argue without any logic, try to twist statistics, nit picking words, we will continue to lock threads.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8