Badminton Club (Should i stay/move on to another club)

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by !¿Clue?!, Oct 12, 2008.

1. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

I joined a badminton club this year in preparation for the high school team and it was pretty cheap for $75(runs from september till april every monday)
    and it's not bad at all it's just that the most of the members are either in there 40's to 50's and most of them are either beginners or social players with exceptions to some guys who have played in tournaments which i would consider them good. I myself am an intermediate player 17 years old and i feel that there are not enough good people better or in the same level as i am that i can face. Some games i actually play more worse than good(mixed doubles).
    So should i still stick with this club even though most of the players are old or should i ask for a refund and move on to another club which is $110 but i actually know people and i can enjoy myself there?

2. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Haven't you really answered your own question?

Of course you should go where you are going to have fun and be challenged.
    Good luck.

I

3. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    How about stay at both, and play 2x a week?

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm...to improve...u surely need to seek for stronger opponent...no way u can improve if u keep playing with those weaker than u...

5. smashingmark

smashingmark Regular Member

For experience u should play with different sorts of players to get a feel of different playing styles. As of training strokes and stuff u can stick to your regular team for that. Maybe join a club which is active in playing friendly matches..

Why not stay with your team so that when u play with those 40 years and above, you'll kick their ass and thats a good feeling :p

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    It's more to do with how you want to improve, under the assumption that both club does not have too much difference in price, schedule, court time and commute time.

Being pushed around by better players can force you to improve, only if yourself willing to. Many players tend to be mentally shot, after being trashed. Playing against weaker player (assume, not everyone is much much worse, and can't even hit a stroke) can be helpful, if you know how to do. Don't focus on the result, but try to perfect your stroke, footwork and coverage. Many times, I found such games are great method to improve your stroke consistency, or try to exercise a new stroke / formation, which can not be easily tried during competitive games.

7. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

Lol, and ask my parents to pay another $110 no way:eek:

I'm planning next time i play to practice more on my smashes and work on the technique rather than hoping it goes over the net
    But thanks for the input, it gladly helped;)

8. noobtron

noobtron Regular Member

DUDEE

I used to play 6 times a week at random clubs, u gotta PLAY MORE :D:D

What I suggest is to get a proper coaching if you want to improve, and always play with people better than u.

If the two clubs seem the same then I would get the one with more court time.

9. smashingmark

smashingmark Regular Member

Dude 6 times a week?? Are you a national player? You should be if u play 6 times a week.. or you mean play meaning social games or training?

ciaos
    smashingmark.wordpress.com