Advice PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Badmittens, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Badmittens

Badmittens Regular Member

okie people i've been lookin at some rackets and its for a gift and i've looked at some reviews and im down to the arcsabre7 or arcsabre10...abd maybe a NS9000 but ii was wondering whats your take their a novice/intermediate player so whats a good one?

2. Beechy

Beechy Regular Member

N/A
    All 3 rackets are good in there own ways, how much are you willing to pay because if they are only a beginner/intermediate a good racket wont make a huge difference to their game

I have an armortec 700 which is a very good racket for me, gives me power, control and has a nice head heavy feel to it.

A friend of mine has a nano speed 9000 which he says is amazing on the offensive

Sorry i cant coment on the Arc Sabers but im sure someone here will :D

3. tk009

tk009 Regular Member

Supposedly at uni studying
    If its a gift they are all very nice presents. Id say have a look at what your friend is using and get something that has similar characteristics unless of course they hate what they are using. You should also check their grip size and racquet weight when you've made your decision. Last thing you want is to get the right racquet with the wrong specs >.<

4. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Easiest racquet for a novice to use, and probably one of the more durable yonex ones now is the arcsaber 7... that being said, for a novice intermediate, buying a high end racquet doesn't really make sense.

5. Badmittens

yea i kno it doesn't make perfect sense but badminton is really her thing and has been for awhile and i was reading how alot of people had to get use to their rackets even if you switch SO i fig. if i get her a good racket so she can get good with that racket and it will last her awhile kick badminton in with a bang for the new year! you kno ? So even tho it won't improve the her current game at the momment she will get good with the racket and she's not to bad a player you know? but thats just me i dunno maybe im crzy:eek:;)

so does anyone have any more advice.. im leaning into the arc 7 so yea

6. micae

micae Regular Member

Student
    i agree with athelete1234. arc7 is less stiff than arc10 so it may be a better idea. although it may be a bad idea for a novice to buy a high end racket. but hey, even for a novice, having a high end racket feels 'special' so i totally get what you mean.

why not go for an arc9? it's a novelty, mid-flex so probably easier to generate power for a novice... and to top it all, the pink and the hearts! :O :D :)

7. Badmittens

Lol yea i read the arc 9 and saw the pics the pink is a lil to strong i wish one of them was and some type of brown =( but no to picky but the hearts a lil over the top for her i could see it now HAHA ...:mad:..:crying:

so arc7 what about the NS9000 or would that be to stiff also like the 10

8. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

9. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    I would recommend the ARC 9 for a lady player as opposed to the ARC 7. Actually the pink is not too strong, it is a very very nice shade, it fact, the color given by Yonex is Ruby.

Though the ARC 7 is an excellent racquet, esp for defence, it seems that ARC 9 is as good for defence and power seems to be slightly superior to the ARC 7, maybe to make up for the lack of brute strength from the ladies ?

10. Badmittens

yea hmm so on a personal opinion would u use a arc 9?(not being funny jus asking) i was almost settle with the 7 but i dun want to get her a 9 jus if its solely based on her being a female(which im not sayin u are) cuz i thought about it but the 9 is better then the 7? and or a NS9000 u would say?

11. micae

micae Regular Member

Student
    Since you stated she is a novice/intermediate, she might have a harder time clearing with a stiff racket (even worse with a very stiff one). So i wouldn't recommend the NS9000X. Arc7 is a very good racket, as is any high end Yonex.
    However, the "best racket" is different for everyone. Based on what you said, I'd guess a med-flex racket could be easier to manipulate for her, thus the reason i recommended the Arc9, since it is the most flexible amongst Yonex high end rackets (to my knowledge at least).

A high end racket is a very nice gift (who here wouldn't want a 200$ racket for free, even better if it's from a friend?) but you wouldn't want her to "suffer" using a racket that degrades her game. I strongly believe that the basic of badminton is beeing able to make a full court clear, and -if she doesn't have yet the correct technique/power- a stiff racket could harm her game. Thus the reason I recomended the less stiff of Yonex high end rackets.

However, if she has no trouble to consistenly do a full court clear, then a stiff racket like the Arc7 would be great too. In that case, the elements you'd have to look at is her type of game, the looks, the weight and the size of the grip. Some people prefer 3U while others 4U. Same for grip. The looks are important too IMHO, because if you love your racket, you will get motivated to play more.

I hope this post is comprehensive, as it's getting late, and I hope I was of help!
    Cheers!

12. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Your question is valid, if not for the color of ARC 9, I would definitely consider using it !

I have a ARC 10 which though supposed to be even balance, is slightly head heavy, in comparison the ARC 9 is head light and it feels very easy to move around. But most head light racquet suffers from lack of power unless you can swing faster to make up for the lack of mass but the ARC 9 seems to suffer only abit in terms of power.

I must however qualify that I didn't spend alot of time with the ARC 9, just did a few clears, drops and smashes with it and those are the impressions I get from the limited exposure I get to the racquet.

13. Badmittens

was alot of help and i really thank you for your depth and i think i will be going with the arc7 over the 9 jus mostly cuz it was recommended but the pink is going to be very unappealing to her thats y i didn't suggest it in my top 3 i knew about it but i mean women have had to play with other rackets b4 the arc9 so i dun want it jus cuz shes a women even tho its made for''advanced women players'' which isn't bad but i have this feeling after reading a few review that the 7 would be more her style but your right i don't want to hurt her game or herself so the 7 looks like to b making the finals only because its more a settle color:cool:
    YOu guys have been a VERY BIG HELP and this forum is awesome:D THANKS!!

14. Badmittens

i was writing when u posted but other then that im interested int your opioion of the arc7 for her even tho i kno u suggest the 9 for her but i jus had to ask:)

15. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Hey ! You don't have to sleep ?

Anyway, the reasons why I got the ARC 9 for her birthday is because :

1) Colors more appealing. ARC 7 definitely not as nice in terms of design.
    2) Latest model
    3) Play as well as the ARC 7, probably better !

I did try an ARC 7 for a while, but other than being good in defence, I don't get the feeling that it has power.

16. Badmittens

Im a night owl lol sorry if i was keeping you up but i will retire for the night and if i have anymore question i will stop back:D But really Thanks for you guys time and in depth opioions been a huge help of and its actually for x-mas im shopping early this year thats a first

17. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Well, not a problem for me as it is day time over here. Really surprised that you are still up 3am your time.

If you have friends going to Thailand for holidays, get them to buy the top Yonex models as it is considerably cheaper. ARC 10/9/7, NS9000, AT900 and AT700 can buy for less than US$150.

18. Swingbadabada

Swingbadabada Regular Member

Student
    If you're getting for a novice/intermediate - why not buy a clonex - saves the penies :)

19. Badmittens

u mean the yonex clones? are the clones any good tho? i mean do they last and are they just a clone as far as looks? ive seen em but didnt kno nything

20. Gigabit

Gigabit Regular Member

Banker
    Hi,

Nowadays all racquets have the same technology in one way or another. Why spend so much on Yonex when you can buy an equivalent at half the price or better?