User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 79
  1. #18
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by samuel882 View Post
    Will Zhang Jie Wen married soon & migrate to MAS ?
    If everything goes smoothly, both of them will get marry early 09. Around jan,feb. Zhang jiewen will surely migrate to msia as both of them already bought a house in msia to start a new family.

  2. #19
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,966
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    If everything goes smoothly, both of them will get marry early 09. Around jan,feb. Zhang jiewen will surely migrate to msia as both of them already bought a house in msia to start a new family.
    and im sure ZJW will be a coach for MAS Women`s team by then

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia
    Posts
    2,576
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hopefully george.... she'll make a perfect couple wit ctf....

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    and im sure ZJW will be a coach for MAS Women`s team by then
    Possible coach maybe...'sure' thing, I don't think so...BAM is a political arena, it is not the talent, CHN trained and achievements to be a MAS coach which ZJW would surely possess but the right connections that counts...also, migrating to MAS, I give ZJW the respect to do so for CTF...MAS is a great place to visit but recent news of politics in MAS and to stay permanently I do have my thoughts...as for LYB, you gotta give him credits for what he did for CHN, even if a true baddy fan does not like what he did to win (diehard CHN fans would applaud and kiss his butt for win-win-and just-win attitude) but given the same cards to play with, any coach will do the same (e.g. result fixing) just to win. Achievements alone LYB should be most successful CHN coach by a long shot.

  5. #22
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    12,803
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Interesting to note that Zhang Ning is going back to school, at least for 3 months. I thought Hong Kong's medium of instruction is Cantonese and English, maybe they have replaced Cantonese with Mandarin and that's why ZN can attend the Polytechnic.

    I thought the WD coaches Chen Qiqiu and Pan Li are familiar names. Have they coached in Singapore before, especially Pan?

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    151
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by fzustudents View Post
    LYB should get out of Chinese Badminton Team , most chinese badminton fans hate him for what he was done .
    but we didn't have enough strength to overthrow him

    lol. .........................................

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    3,333
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smichz View Post
    What LYB did to the China Nationa Team is BIG.Even though the ppl throughout the world may not like him,but China Badminton owe a big time on this guy.So,any reason why does the China National team has to put him down?I guess not..
    LYB delivered because he's the only badminton coach who's cowardly enough to use the despicable strategy of match fixing through match faking.If INA were to use that, INA would have won even BIGGER in MS and MD!!!

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    3,333
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fzustudents View Post
    LYB made a contribution to the Chinese badminton, but he is the authoritarian ruler,



    He pushed away a lot of talented people;Under the banner of patriotism ordered team-mate to give up in the tournaments.He is very annoying in China .



    In Chinese sports,the worst is men's football ,the second is LYB
    That's a lot of courage on your part to not worship LYB and for the right reasons.
    In fact, a friend of mine who went to OG08 and attended EVERY badminton session was surprised that both LYB and LD were not very popular when she asked taxi drivers and those she met for their opinions.(Maybe CHN taxi drivers and the common folk were just being diplomatic with her.) She was equally surprised that many in the badminton crowd were not real badminton fans but hooligan hordes rostered to intimidate non-CHN players and fans.But she enjoyed Beijing and found Chinese people generally helpful and kind.

  9. #26
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    14,292
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    Interesting to note that Zhang Ning is going back to school, at least for 3 months. I thought Hong Kong's medium of instruction is Cantonese and English, maybe they have replaced Cantonese with Mandarin and that's why ZN can attend the Polytechnic.

    I thought the WD coaches Chen Qiqiu and Pan Li are familiar names. Have they coached in Singapore before, especially Pan?
    Not sure. But there are many students form China that study in HK. I do not think lack of knowledge of cantonese or english is a barrier. to entry in the University. On the other hand, the proficiency of putonghua is growing amongst hk students.

    Again, it would be very interesting to know what course she will be on. Universities do offer short courses in various subjects. Her course may not demand any knowledge of english - chinese will do

  10. #27
    Regular Member AlanY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,568
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    Thanks for the info. What is Zhang Ning Studying?
    3 months of physical education theories in a HK university to prepare herself to coach the WS.
    Last edited by AlanY; 10-15-2008 at 03:44 AM.

  11. #28
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    14,292
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    3 months of physical education theories ina HK university to prepare herself to coach the WS.
    Thanks for the info

  12. #29
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    14,292
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    If everything goes smoothly, both of them will get marry early 09. Around jan,feb. Zhang jiewen will surely migrate to msia as both of them already bought a house in msia to start a new family.
    Down in KL or in Ipoh?

  13. #30
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    245
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    That's a lot of courage on your part to not worship LYB and for the right reasons.
    In fact, a friend of mine who went to OG08 and attended EVERY badminton session was surprised that both LYB and LD were not very popular when she asked taxi drivers and those she met for their opinions.(Maybe CHN taxi drivers and the common folk were just being diplomatic with her.) She was equally surprised that many in the badminton crowd were not real badminton fans but hooligan hordes rostered to intimidate non-CHN players and fans.But she enjoyed Beijing and found Chinese people generally helpful and kind.



    Oh really?? The companies which are endorsing LD must be thriving on his 'unpopularity' to boost their sales. On the contrary, the badminton 'fans' during the Beijing Olympics were not hooligans. The majority of the spectators didn't boo nor intimidate when opponents serve. I believe those who were present at the gymnasium and those who watched live on TV can see for themselves.

    I would rather be true to myself.......

  14. #31
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    119
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    Interesting to note that Zhang Ning is going back to school, at least for 3 months. I thought Hong Kong's medium of instruction is Cantonese and English, maybe they have replaced Cantonese with Mandarin and that's why ZN can attend the Polytechnic.

    I thought the WD coaches Chen Qiqiu and Pan Li are familiar names. Have they coached in Singapore before, especially Pan?
    wasn't Chen Qiqiu once an XD player? I seem to recall that he played with Zhao Tingting in the 2003 World Championship, demolished Nathan and Gail but were in turn demolished by Ra Kyung Min and Kim dong Moon in the semis. I think he's a lefty....

    So sad that Chen Yu has retired. I always liked him. Wonderful crosscourt net shot. More interesting than boring Chen Jin.....

  15. #32
    Regular Member Rahayu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    BALI(INDONESIA)-TOKYO(JAPAN)
    Posts
    249
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Lets Dumb Mr Lyb From Our Badminton!

    Quote Originally Posted by fzustudents View Post
    LYB made a contribution to the Chinese badminton, but he is the authoritarian ruler,


    He pushed away a lot of talented people;Under the banner of patriotism , ordered team-mate to give up in the tournaments.He is very annoying in China .


    In Chinese sports,the worst is men's football ,the second is LYB
    LYB is worst!!i hate him since he dumbed wang chen from china national team!!he really2 egoist n arrogant coach, world badminton not need a person like him..
    Last edited by Rahayu; 10-15-2008 at 06:28 AM.

  16. #33
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    14,292
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by No one View Post
    wasn't Chen Qiqiu once an XD player? I seem to recall that he played with Zhao Tingting in the 2003 World Championship, demolished Nathan and Gail but were in turn demolished by Ra Kyung Min and Kim dong Moon in the semis. I think he's a lefty....
    ..
    Go back to 1999 and you will see Chen QQ playing in the MD as well.

  17. #34
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    China
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lin Dan is a controversial figure in China.
    Many people appreciates his capabilities and viqour when playing badminton ,and also many people dislike his grace and behavior in Korea open . A lot of people debated this matter for a long time ,and the view were different.
    Many Chinese badminton fans appreciates Taufik's technique and aptitude, and we also appreciates Lee Chongwei's grace.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bahrain Looking for National Team Coach
    By bahrain in forum Coaching Forum
    Replies: 1
    : 10-30-2007, 10:42 PM
  2. Poland looking for National Team Coach
    By jug8man in forum Coaching Forum
    Replies: 4
    : 10-28-2007, 10:54 PM
  3. Vietnam National coach.
    By the_danish_boy in forum General Forum
    Replies: 3
    : 03-28-2005, 01:34 PM
  4. training in kl with national coach....
    By justme86 in forum Malaysia
    Replies: 2
    : 01-05-2005, 11:01 AM
  5. Toronto List: Canadian Tire, SportsChek, National Sports
    By crazyboy139 in forum Market Place
    Replies: 0
    : 04-14-2003, 11:55 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •