The Future

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by COOLEST, Oct 14, 2008.

1. COOLEST

COOLEST Regular Member

Do you think that being able to look into the future of yourself and others would be an advantage or disadvantage :confused: ?

(these are the kind questions you come up with when you're waiting for your mom to pick you up from some where and she ends up being an hour :)eek:) late...)

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^(To be frank) Who wouldn't..^^

..but i'm sure most if not all of us won't be too happy if we're able to look into the future and see ourselves grow old and eventually die....:p

There's also a saying that goes something like this (maybe you or others have heard/read before):
    "If you show someone their future, they have no future." Apparently if you can look into the future, you turn everybody into soulless mall kids, with no purpose. And your attempts to prevent future catastrophes will always cause those catastrophes to happen, because...

...btw, you should see the movie "Paycheck"..;)

3. COOLEST

COOLEST Regular Member

Good points, and along the lines of what I was thinking, but some people object by saying that if you use it sparingly, it could come in handy, though I still don't think so.

Oh, and I'll watch that movie if it gives me another reason/way to procastinate :D.