Recommendation

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by 10kolex, Oct 16, 2008.

1. 10kolex

10kolex Regular Member

IT Guru
    Hi

i am new to this forum so if i am doing this wrong please forgive me.
    I am looking for a new racket and am stuck between a few rackets: arcsaber 10, arcsaber 7, armortec 900t, armortec 900p or nanospeed 9000x

I am a intermidiate player, i am currenly using yonex mp22lt, i prefer playing doubles, usually at the back
    my smashes aren't the best, i like clearing and drop shots

what are your recommendations

2. 77suns

77suns Regular Member

-
    NS9000S will be better.

3. 10kolex

10kolex Regular Member

IT Guru
    How heavy is the NS900s compared to the other rackets that i have mentioned and if i was to purchase the NS9000s what would be recommended as a string replacement?

4. 77suns

77suns Regular Member

-
    It is not as heavy head as AT900P or AT900T, less stiff than 9000X which is extra stiff and demanding. Not sure about arc7 but ARC10 will be more suitable for single play. I do not know your current string tension/strength/preference but BG85 or NG98 at 25lbs or 24lbs for start should be fine.

5. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    If you are a doubles player, I suggest Arc 7 as the rest are pretty stiff. I have a friend who uses the NS9000S and he's having problem with his rotator cuff. Mind you, tension not really that high, probably 24lbs.

I loan him my Carlton 9500 Nanolite which is head heavy, 82gm and flexy with 28lbs tension and he love it ! After playing a few games with it, his shoulder is still ok and he asked me to sell it to him which I did (sob sob, it was one of my favourite racquet).

If you use stiff racquet and you don't have a strong arm or good technique, go easy on the tension, else you will be suffering from various problems.

6. Canuck19_14

Canuck19_14 Regular Member

Student
    I don't think there is a weight difference from the NS9KX its just the stiffness of the racket. Armortecs are more headheavy. A few of my friends own a Arc10 and when i tested it out is was pretty nice just needed time to adjust with it. I think you should try bg80 at around 22 or 23 at first. I don't think you should be going any higher than that assuming your mp22lt had factory strings? 22 - 23lbs is the way to go when you first start to increase your tension.

7. 77suns

77suns Regular Member

-
    Also can try Victor nano5, medium flex, fast and probably cost half of the Yonex.

8. chaos2blue

chaos2blue Regular Member

If drops and net play .. i agree with NS9000S .. If clearing and smashes pick arc 10..
    Arc10 is good in continuos smashes.. Great racket for hard hitters.. Its UltraPEF attribute makes it possible to do continuos smashes without getting ur hand numb..

I do not know well bout NS9000S but i do own a NS9000X.. net play and drops are fast and accurate... smashes are very fast and accurate too.. but sound quality not so good :p and also my hand gets numb quickly after lots of smashes.. as u really need to generate a very fast swing to get a good smashes.. also if u r a beginner .. u might probably end up with the racket on u.. lol..
    btw: got few friends who hit themself with the racket..

9. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    All your beginner friends have bruises on their left leg/knee ? :)

10. 10kolex

10kolex Regular Member

IT Guru
    lmao, well i have not hit my leg/ knee so that i have bruise but have had the few clashes, got any tips on how to stop this :), anyway, just to inform: My mp22lt is factory strung, there has been no alterations made to it not even change of grip.
    I have tried the arc 7 and found that it is quite a difficult racket to get used to, i have also tried the AT900T, this seems to have a more solid feel and makes a cool noise when hitting the shuttle right (metallically feel), but as i had only tried it for one game i am not sure how it would feel after a few more. Between the racket which i have mentioned from the begining which is the more forgiving.
    If i was to change the strings which ones would be best and at what tension, also wot sort of grip to change to? Also can some tell me what grip size i should get 3u, 4u?:D

11. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    To stop clashes, you need to have a good understanding with your partner and also communicate more. Of course there will be cases where the clashes are inevitable but those can also be minimized, for example shots that are in the middle, normally those that return with forehand will take it.

Weird that you find Arc 7 difficult to use as it is probably closer in specs to your existing MP22Ltd than than the AT900T.

For tension, it really depends on your skill level and also the racquet, whether it is flexy or stiff. If racquet is stiff, using high tension can cause problem with arm, elbow (tennis elbow) and rotator cuff.

Personally, I use a slim overgrip on my racquet as I have small hands. I used to put thick replacement grip over the original grip but found out that it alters the balance point of the racquet though it does provide better shock absorption.

3U/4U is not grip size, that's the weight of the racquet, if you want more power, go for 3U. However, only the Armortec series are available in 3U/4U, most other yonex series are 3U/2U.

12. 10kolex

10kolex Regular Member

IT Guru
    can someone tell me how you stop hitting yourrself when smashing, i find that i may just catch my knee:(
    what is meant by 'rotator cuff,' i have finally narrowed it down to 3 rackets lol, arcsaber 10, arcsaber 7 and AT900T, i quite like defending and am trying to improve my smashes. Does the stiffness of the racket affect how someone plays and to what extent? i want a racket that will be good in a doubles game (back) and can easily change to a singles game, any suggestions?:cool: Also is it true that the arcsabers paint usually comes off pretty easily?

13. Arcsaber

Arcsaber Regular Member

Student
    My first Arcsaber - a 3U G4 model, had a chip at the white part of the carbon nanotube - i did not do anything with it, just took it out and found it that way - fortunately i was able to replace it, but, for a 3U G5 model:crying:..

14. 10kolex

10kolex Regular Member

IT Guru
    Today i have tried the armortec 900p and to be honest it has a pretty good feeling, used it for one game and it felt right, the racket is not that heavy, in terms of head heavy, it is noticable but my smashes see be sound and seem alot better than when i was using my mp22lt, also for some reason my mp22lt is really stiff and everyone at the club reckons so is this right? As i had only played it in one game, in terms of long term play, does the AT900p tire ur arm out? which of these rackets should i purchase, AT900t AT900p or arcsaber 10? o how is the arcsaber 10 in play?

thanks
    p.s. sorry about all the questions lol:)