User Tag List

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 137 to 153 of 199
  1. #137
    Regular Member BlueTornado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bay Area, USA
    Posts
    793
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaisync View Post
    is his email ppt78@yahoo.com.hk because i messaged him and i keep getting delivery failure messages
    His website clearly says "ptt" not "ppt"

  2. #138
    Regular Member BlueTornado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bay Area, USA
    Posts
    793
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinichi View Post
    I had difficulty communication with e78.....Lastly I bought from Eric
    They are both good, for different things. But I agree that it's easier to communicate with Eric since he speaks English.

  3. #139
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brunei Darussalam
    Posts
    1,713
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yup..e78 only know to quote price. by the way, price given by Eric is cheaper than in his ebay..

  4. #140
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Penang
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    but by comparison, which is cheaper? Eric or e78??

  5. #141
    Regular Member BlueTornado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bay Area, USA
    Posts
    793
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James.Foo View Post
    but by comparison, which is cheaper? Eric or e78??
    Not possible to make a blanket statement either way. It depends on what you're buying.

  6. #142
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brunei Darussalam
    Posts
    1,713
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    only buy from Eric and havent bought anything from e78 so cannot comment...

  7. #143
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,130
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James.Foo View Post
    but by comparison, which is cheaper? Eric or e78??
    it depends on the items.

    i usually buy from e78 as they are in HK and i can either go myself or have someone go pick them up.

    i do know that strings are cheaper from e78

  8. #144
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    from Indonesia, now in China
    Posts
    2,457
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    IMO, e78 has cheaper price than Eric (based on his Ebay website)

    however Eric has faster service (delivery) and can speak English

    E78 has wider range of product, they have shoes, clothing, loads of different brands of rackets, etc
    actually, it is better to go there and buy in their shop

    Eric has less product listed in his Ebay store, he has some essential products, however not much variety
    however of course, he is a superb online seller, his service is much better than E78

    so if you want cheaper price, wide range of product (shoes, clothes, etc), and does not mind the hassle to contact them, go for E78
    or if you go to HK, go for E78

    if you want to buy it online, and you know what do you want to buy (such as rackets or RKEP grip), go for Eric

    P.S: you also need to calculate the customs tax

  9. #145
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Do the rackets come strung when you buy them and how much does each string cost?? Also how much does it cost for shipping, i messaged mr chan but its hard to understand him ;/

  10. #146
    Regular Member BlueTornado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bay Area, USA
    Posts
    793
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    IMO, e78 has cheaper price than Eric (based on his Ebay website)

    however Eric has faster service (delivery) and can speak English

    E78 has wider range of product, they have shoes, clothing, loads of different brands of rackets, etc
    actually, it is better to go there and buy in their shop

    Eric has less product listed in his Ebay store, he has some essential products, however not much variety
    however of course, he is a superb online seller, his service is much better than E78

    so if you want cheaper price, wide range of product (shoes, clothes, etc), and does not mind the hassle to contact them, go for E78
    or if you go to HK, go for E78

    if you want to buy it online, and you know what do you want to buy (such as rackets or RKEP grip), go for Eric

    P.S: you also need to calculate the customs tax
    You really haven't been getting the full "Eric experience" then He has a RIDICULOUS amount of stuff available to him not only from the brands he carries but also from the factory. A lot of the things are not available on his eBay listing because he's not allowed to put it on the web. You just have to ask.

    I do agree that e78 has more listed on their site which I guess makes it easier to find. With Eric you have to know where to look / how to ask to get what you want. However I disagree with your blanket statement that e78 is cheaper in everything; again, email Eric and you'll be surprised. The eBay prices are not always the same as if you ask him to give you a quote. I don't think your advice to always go to e78 if you want cheaper price, with the only drawback being the harder communication, is correct.

    I'm not trying to bash e78 or be biased toward Eric at all - e78 is a great store. I merely dislike spreading misinformation. Moral of the story is to be a smart shopper and compare prices at multiple places, not just buy from one place thinking that it's cheaper in everything when there could be better prices elsewhere

  11. #147
    Regular Member BlueTornado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bay Area, USA
    Posts
    793
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaisync View Post
    Do the rackets come strung when you buy them and how much does each string cost?? Also how much does it cost for shipping, i messaged mr chan but its hard to understand him ;/
    You can have them strung yes. Most of the prices on e78's website are including string, with ~80 HKD less if you want it unstrung. Shipping cost depends on the destination but for Canada I would guess about $25 (USD/CAD, almost the same these days ).

  12. #148
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So how much would sting cost if you want packs of strings, i asked mr chan but i dont understand him very well

  13. #149
    Regular Member BlueTornado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bay Area, USA
    Posts
    793
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaisync View Post
    So how much would sting cost if you want packs of strings, i asked mr chan but i dont understand him very well
    Why don't you PM me the quote he emailed you and I'll try to help out.

  14. #150
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,130
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    the thing with e78 is that Mr. Chan doesn't know English. if you send him English email, he goes through google or some other translator. so that's why he response doesn't always make sense. just be aware of that. so if you can read chinese, it is better to do type in chinese, or do the translation yourself via google to make sure what is translated make sense.

  15. #151
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brunei Darussalam
    Posts
    1,713
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A week ago I pm e78 and he said the price quote was excluding the string...

  16. #152
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,130
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinichi View Post
    A week ago I pm e78 and he said the price quote was excluding the string...
    a lot of their racket include a string, but do not include stringing labor. you should clarify with him.

  17. #153
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brunei Darussalam
    Posts
    1,713
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I didnt know that. Maybe just miscommunication problem.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: Buying 5-7/10 n55. First gen. (sg)
    By dickson825 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 1
    : 10-06-2011, 10:04 AM
  2. need help with buying a new bag
    By george_wong in forum Badminton Bag
    Replies: 3
    : 09-09-2008, 06:09 PM
  3. Buying Top End YY in KL
    By |R|S in forum Market Place
    Replies: 1
    : 08-21-2007, 01:58 AM
  4. HK Buying
    By Ice-88 in forum Market Place
    Replies: 14
    : 09-01-2006, 10:27 PM
  5. Buying a Ti-10 (GTA)
    By quik_silver in forum Market Place
    Replies: 0
    : 08-05-2005, 09:37 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •