Carlton 880 Nano Speed

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ei8ht, Oct 18, 2008.

1. ei8ht

ei8ht Regular Member

Hi guys! I recently bought a new racquet in our local shop here in the Philippines. I tried searching the net for details about this racquet but I can't seem to find anything. Its a Carlton 880 Nano Speed. It came with a Dual-compartment bag. From the racquet itself, it has some information like its weight 87grams - even balance - and max string tension 28lbs. I got mine strung at 30lbs. As I search the net, all I can find are Airblades, Powerblades, Fireblades, etc Carltons. Now I wonder is this genuine? For what I understand, Carlton Airblades are a counter part of Yonex's Nanospeed? And Powerblade to Armortec (need clarification). Now seeing Carlton's Nano Speed confuses me. Is this an older or newer racquet of Carlton? I'll attach pictures so you can understand me more. I haven't used it so I can't say anything about the feel yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ei8ht

ei8ht Regular Member

I found the plastic wrap from the grip and took a snapshot of it. I think the whole name of it is "Power Flo 880 Nano Speed". Was this a discontinued product?

[​IMG]

3. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    I have to admit, I've never heard of/seen that racket. However, I have never seen a fake Carlton; faking them seems to be much less lucrative than Yonex as Yonex is a more sought after brand.

4. issarakaya

issarakaya Regular Member

Operational Dir.
    Dont worry, your racket seem genuine to me. Powerflo is older type and already discontinue but that's doesnt make your racket fake, some store still keep old series and this powerflo type still could be found in my country :D

5. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    like the guy said, powerflo is just an older model, but it should still be a good racket

6. ei8ht

ei8ht Regular Member

Thanks for the reply guys. This is a pretty solid racquet. Also affordable but not sacrificing its performance. The control is good. I think this is more of a control racquet, but still this can pack a decent and powerful smash. I'm still getting used to this racket and I'm loving it. It is also my first high-tension strung(comming from 23lbs to 30lbs) racquet so I'm not really sure what is contributing to my improvement.

7. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Glad you like your racquet. Actually, it doesn't matter the specs, the price nor whether it is old or new model, as long as you like it and can play well with it, that's considered a good racquet.

I notice from the bar code that it starts with "888" and if I remembered correctly, it means it is packaged or made in Singapore !!!

Anyway, I feel you can't go wrong with Carlton, they make good racquets, just that they are not as popular now especially in Asia since Yonex became dominant.