serial numbers changed?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by derrick88, Oct 19, 2008.

1. derrick88

derrick88 New Member

Hey all,

I just bought 2 rackets on Ebay, (an Arcsaber 10 and a Nanospeed 9000X), after checking these rackets they seemed quite good. But looking at the serial number confirmed my suspicion of buying fakes.
    Having said to the buyer they are fake, he just keeps saying they are real, but SP version, which according to him, may differ from version they sell in the Netherlands (GR of BX, I think).

looking at the Bluejeff fake-yonex-checklist does not give me much clues they are fake, but still this serial number, according to other topics I looked at, they must be fake.
    But to be sure, I would like a second opinion.. (maybe Yonex changed policy recently?)
    Arcsaber:
    serial number (cone): 52....SP (rest not visible because of Yonex holograph sticker)
    other number (shaft): 5726157

Nanospeed:
    serial number (cone): 206828JP
    other number (shaft): 6675810

Does JP version contain PBSI-logo?

When these rackets are fake, they look quite good, even weight and stiffness, but something as simple as making a serial number which looks real is too difficult??

Thanks for your help.

Derrick

2. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    @derrick
    Nanospeed is confirmed to be fake due to its cone number that does not follow Yonex pattern.
    Arcsaber most probably will be fake as well. as it is sold by the same seller, and the cone number was a bit suspicious
    i am very sad to say it to you. But as other BCBF members has warned, don't ever buy Yonex or any racket from ebay, specifically from China seller. Most probably it will be fake.
    How much do you buy it anyway?

3. issarakaya

issarakaya Regular Member

Operational Dir.
    JP dont have PBSI logo and for the serial number YY never change their policy for sure. The number in cone mean production date, you can check in BC equipment forum.
    Many point to identified your racket is fake or not, some fake racket using legit serial number to their fake product. You must get genuine Yonex racket (better if same type) and compare by yourself. Focus on font number and Yonex logo at cone and bottom cap, you'll see the different clearly. Some fake YY have a really good paint job and almost feel same in stiffness and weight but believe me there is always something different if you compare to the genuine....i hope this could help you :D

#3 issarakaya, Oct 19, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  4. derrick88

derrick88 New Member

hmm yes this was helpful,
    I have a genuine arcsaber with GR-code, this racket is diffenent in multiple details, but I hoped it was due to SP-code..
    okay, but now I'm sure they're fake, let's go try to get my money back..

(ps, bought from German seller for 181 Eur for both rackets (approx. 244 USD))

next time I'll listen to BC-users and buy at an autorised dealer.. :rolleyes:

5. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Read more in BC n u'll find out more than just knowledge about rackets.U can also find some members who is selling genuine products,in ur area,or in asia..n they r trusted.By that,u may save some money than buying it straight in the store.

6. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    definately fake :( sorry to hear! Get your money back, or bring that guy down!

7. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    for Arc10
    1. it came out some where March 2008, the running serial shall be 7XXXXXX
    2. now, the cone code or shaft serial shall be visible, no longer covered by any sticker

for N9000
    1. cone code of 206828J? manufactured date of 20th day, 68th month?

PBSI - Persatuan Bulu Tangkis Seluruh Indonesia(if not mistaken)
    can be found on SP or IP coded Yonex rackets only

8. Arcsaber

Arcsaber Regular Member

Student
    DDMMY (day day, month month year) followed by a number before the country code (Sp ect)

If the month is 52month then it's a fake.
    Hope this clears your doubts.

9. Arcsaber

Arcsaber Regular Member

Student

Yea you are right bro, PBSI is the badminton association of Indonesia.
    The cone code is an immediate give away that it's fake.

10. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    Sorry to hear that the racquets are fake. I would never buy racquets from eBay since there are many many many (infinity) cases where people bought fake racquets with regular genuine Yonex price (like in the 100's).

11. jaynjay

jaynjay Regular Member

both are fake for sure.