Hello

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Nsmaling, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Nsmaling

Nsmaling Regular Member

Student
    Hee Badminton Friends,
    I am new at this Forum so I will first shortly introduce myself. I am Nick Smaling, playing in the second league in Holland. At this moment I am 20 years old. Four years ago, when I started to play badminton more seriously I moved to the Dutch Team Champion Amersfoort, where I am currenly playing for. Youtube is the greatest invention of all times, because via that source we are all able to see more Badminton. In Holland that is a serious problem. The media is not giving badminton the attention as it should get. This is also due to the lack of results in the top. In my opinion, our head coach failed. Dicky Palyama, Hollands greatest single player ever, was the first player who this week told that Martijn Van Dooremalen should go away after 23 years. Yes, indeed 23 years. I hope that badminton is stimulated by a new president of the Badminon Association in Holland, and a new national coach. I am looking forward to have great discussion with you all!
    Kind regards

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Welcome..^^

..to BCBF, Nsmaling (Nick)!:)..Aahh, i saw your posts in this yr's Dutch Open's sub-forum. So, did you enjoy watching the matches?? Was this your first time following the Dutch Open?? Were you able to meet and greet or even take pics with the players??
    Btw, I'm not sure you know or not, but we have a few Holland-based BCers. Are you familiar with demolidor, Fengwei or jerby?
    Also, just curious, are you of Indonesian descent?..:confused:
    And what do you mean/what is the reason(s) when you mentioned "Dicky Palyama, Hollands greatest single player ever, was the first player who this week told that Martijn Van Dooremalen should go away after 23 years."??..Does it mean, Martijn should quit the national team??..

Anyway, good to have another BCer from Holland. Come back often, look fw to more of your posts & have fun in this forum!;):cool:

3. Nsmaling

Nsmaling Regular Member

Student
    I Know Jerby, He is playing the same competition level as I do, and he is also from the same birthyear:) I have some danish blood in me, but no Indonesian unfortunatly;) Yes It means that Martijn should have quit the national team 10 year ago, the only reason he got credit the last decade is because of our import player, Audina en Jie. Dicky and Pang learned to play badminton somewhere else...

4. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

hi there, welcome to the forum!!:):):)

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Yes..

..i know jerby, too. Well, i know him from BC and yes, he is the same age as you.;) As a matter of fact, he knows Fengwei, though he's younger. Btw, Nsmaling, are you also a tall fella, just like jerby & Fengwei??..:confused::)
    Btw, have you met Mia??..
    Yes, i knew Dicky and Eric had training outside of Holland.;)

6. Nsmaling

Nsmaling Regular Member

Student
    I don't know him at all... maybe because his real name is different... I have played against Mia, while she was playing the the Amersfoort Squad. Haha I am 1.85, just 2 centimeters taller than my greatest player ever, Peter Gade....;)

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Neat..^^

..wow, you've played against Mia before??..that's cool!:cool:
    As for Fengwei's real name, it is Feng. And yeah, you're also tall, but i would say not as tall as the Fengwei and jerby; maybe closer to Feng?? (you could see his pics in the 2008 Tournaments->2008 Beijing Olympics->in the "2008 Olympics:Who's Going" thread.;)

#7 ctjcad, Oct 20, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  8. Nsmaling

Nsmaling Regular Member

Student
    Cool, I have been to the olympics too, a friend of my Edwin Ekiring was playing too. I went to the olympic village, and went on a picture with Bao Chunlai en Lin Dan, I am in between them:p Can I also post pictures over there? I see you come from the states, Do you know Daniel Gou, or something like that? I have trained with in in Indonesia:)

9. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Of course, your pictures are welcome here :)

10. Nsmaling

Nsmaling Regular Member

Student
    Olympics

Chunlai.jpg

Lindan.jpg

This was in the Olympic Village

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Wow..

..so, you were there also, eh?? And you had access to the Olympics village, too!!..:cool:..Did you attend all the baddy session??..
    Ah well, too bad we weren't able to meet up (if you had signed up as a BC member earlier and saw the thread)...Perhaps we could meet up in the next OG in 2012 (London)??..;)
    Yes, i'm currently in the states. And yes, i know Daniel Gouw (not really2 close or a friend). However, he lives up north in the Bay area (same neck of the woods where our BC's headquarter is located;)) while i live down south in the Los Angeles area. I see him once in a while whenever he comes down south to compete in tourneys. Oh, and so you guys were also training in INA??:cool: In which club, may i inquire??..
    *Yes, you can post your pics there or here...:)..But is it me or Bao is getting taller??..:confused:

12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

wow, u have a pass to the olympic village men!:eek:
    are u a media or what???:confused:

13. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    hi Nick,
    welcome to BC.................:)

i thought Holland quite love the badminton sport. maybe some one or somebod shall write to tv station for more coverage.

err....... did you smuggle yourself into that olympic village? :D:D:D

14. Nsmaling

Nsmaling Regular Member

Student
    Haha, No as you can see I am a friend of the olympic player Edwin Ekiring, he gave me a invitation so I could go into the village, smuggling was not posible it was so good protected...

In Indonesia I trained at Djarum and BM77, but I mostly had a private trainer in the name of Roni Agustinus, former number two of Indonesia.

Haha Bao is around 1.94, so i dont know your lenght;)

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^I see..^^

..hmm, my height in comparison to you altitudinous guys??..well, let's just say i'm a tad bit taller than LinDan....(of course, in the picture he looks taller because of his puffed-up hair)...;)

Hmm, so you were training at Djarum club, eh?? which one, the one in Jakarta or Kudus??..Btw, Nick, do you recognize this fella below??(of course, in his youthful days)..;)

Attached Files:

#15 ctjcad, Oct 21, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  16. Nsmaling

Nsmaling Regular Member

Student
    Hehe, I think that you cant speak from an idial height, because of the fact that you have both disadvatages and advantages from beiing tall or small:p Because badminton is a skills sport, you can compesate so much with technique..

I trained in Jakarta and Bandung. I was also invited to go to the national traingscentre Japajung, or something like that, but just recently failed on man tournament so they closed it to outsiders:(, especially with blond hair;)

No, I have no single clue, is it an indionian chinese player, or just chinese?

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^You don't recognize him??..^^

...hmm, my guess is you don't recognize the person because:
    - he has grown "sideways"
    - he's grown a mustache and/or beard
    - is balding
    (hope all is not true)..:p;)...i'll let you keep guessing who he is..;)

Concur on the comment abt players' height..Abt the club in Jakarta, i think i've seen pics of that club>>let me go find the pics/link..:cool:

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

19. lie_101

lie_101 Regular Member

welkom to the club bro....

20. Nsmaling

Nsmaling Regular Member

Student