Winex Rackets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tonten, Jun 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonten

tonten Regular Member

Student
    Today I got a look at a T12 Winex racket (I think that was what it was) at a store. I took a few swings, and the racket felt really light and great. It was selling at about 128 dollars CDN.

But when I went to another store to check out other rackets, the owner at the 2nd store told me that winex rackets are horrible. He said they are nothing but yonex clones and that any company can just get a racket and spray paint over it and you would never know. He also told me a story of once how one of his customers who had a brand new winex racket and how he had broke it with just one smash.

The owner also told me that winex rackets break easily and not something that should be bought.

Is it true that winex' aren't as relible and built as yonex rackets are? Or is yonex looked highly upon just because they are a popular company.

2. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

Tonten, there's something call the search engine :). And from browsing through it, I have yet to find any complains about winex problems unless I somehow missed it :rolleyes:.

#2 Sgt_Strider, Jun 29, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2002
  3. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Winex racquets reliability

Hi there,
    I've used Winex racquets for over a year now and have not had any problems with any of their models. The racquets are all strung at 23/24 lbs with Winex Ti-80 string.

The Ti-12 is a full Ti-mesh slim shaft and is stiff. Players who have used the Ti-12 have found it to be very responsive. I don't use the Ti-12 myself so I cannot give you any review on the racquet. There are no equivalent model in the Yonex product line so it is not a Yonex clone.

As for the store owner who made those claims about Winex, I can only venture a guess as to his motive. Winex racquets do come with warranty to manufacturer's defects and if that customer has broken the racquet under normal conditions, Winex would be more than happy to replace the racquet.

Take a look at the other models available, e.g. The Winex Ti Swing Power (re-released as Audina's Limited Edition), the Mighty Muscle 100.

4. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

Re: Winex racquets reliability

How much is the winex ti swing power and or the mm-100 in canadian dollars?

5. viver

viver Regular Member

Hi,
    I usually do not pay much attention about racquets brands or models. I've learned a lot of brands and models in this forum. Having said that it does not mean I don't care to have a good racquet. Good I mean, durable and suits me.

I've used Winex racquets in the past 7-8 years. I was using them even before coming to Canada. They are old models - SQ500 and SQ600. I string them at 24 lbs, play regularly at least once a week and they are still in very good condition. My cousing also plays regularly and probably more often than I do. He uses Winex SQ500 in the last 5 years and still using it. About Winex being fragile, I can tell you the following: that my cousin has been until now winning all racquets 'duels' in these past 5 years. Yonex racquets were among his 'scalps'.

I am not suggesting to buy a racquet to clash with your partner's. Only pointing that a less known racquet may not be inferior in quality when compared with a more famous brand. WWC (the name is quite elucidative isn't it?) is Winex local agent and he should have more detail info about the company he represents.

6. Winex West Can

Hi Tech
    Re: Re: Winex racquets reliability

Hi,
    You can phone Tad's Sporting Goods to get a price quote on those racquets. The Ti Swing Power is available in two versions (SS and SA).

For those players who like the Yonex ISO-600 or ISO-800, the equivalent Winex clones are also available at Tad's

For other winex models, please either send me an email or PM me.

7. Matt Ross

Matt Ross Regular Member

Student
    Is Winex popular? I have never hear or seen it over here

8. Winex West Can

Hi Tech
    Matt,
    How would you define popular? Yonex, of course, is currently the no. 1 brand probably follow by Carlton. Other brands that comes to mind include Black Knight, Victor, Yang-Yang, Forza. Winex is in the later group.

I believed that Winex is available in the UK as they have an agent in the UK. Other agents in Europe include Holland, France, Belgium, Denmark.

9. Matt Ross

Matt Ross Regular Member

Student
    Fancy being a mate and sending a free one for a tester?? :)

10. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    i had 2 winex rackets a while ago, 1 was a clone of the yonex Ti-10. Except it was the "improved" version in the form of the T-20.

My conclusion on using these Winex rackets are that the Winex rackets will never be the original and in this case the original was much better in almost every aspect, feel, power, touch. HOWEVER, this does not mean that all Winex rackets are bad, i also had the T-3. It was a traditional oval head racket and it had nice feel, and sufficient power. This one was by far my more preferred out of the 2.

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Byro is right. Winex rackets are fine rackets in their own rights.

however, for the "clone" models, do NOT expect them to be identical or even close to their Yonex counterparts.

12. Winex West Can

Hi Tech
    Matt,
    If you are planning to turn pro. Why don't you try and contact Winex HQ in Taiwan to see who their agent is in the UK and enquire about a sponsorship package.

I am currently sponsoring a U16 player who is ranked #1 in his province and #4 nationally in his age group.

Good luck.

13. Matt Ross

Matt Ross Regular Member

Student
    Winex,

I have two sponsors as it is :) I was just joking about, anyway, offers still there for a free racket. Btw, turn pro as of 2moz :).

Matt

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    clones

try to find a racquet that you like and not a racquet that feel like a yonex XX. If u do the latter, it is like letting yonex telling you what u like instead of what u really need. Yes, most clones don't feel exactly like yonex but would you prefer to get 90% of yonex's feels at less than 1/2 of yonex price, and let your skill make up that 10% differences? What happen if you came to dislike that yonex? a big expensive mistake huh?

#14 cooler, Jul 1, 2002
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2002
  15. Matt Ross

Matt Ross Regular Member

Student
    Do Winex try to copy actual Yonex rackets then??

Matt

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    matt

which model? Also, what make u think the clones are doing all the copying, do u know yonex copies others as well?

17. Matt Ross

Matt Ross Regular Member

Student
    As long as it has strings, i dont care what they do :)

18. tonten

tonten Regular Member

Student
    hey, I'm just curious Winex West Can,

Is your style of choice winex rackets, or do u have other rackets too?

Do you work for winex can by any chance? hehe

19. Winex West Can

Hi Tech
    Tonten,
    I am the official distribution for Winex products in Canada although I am based out in Vancouver (hence West Can).

I used to use Yonex racquets and started last summer playing with Winex racquets (Taiwan sent me about 6 different models for evaluation) and since then have been playing with the racquets (all strung at 23/24 lbs).

My Yonex (an ISO 600) is now considered to be shelved.

You can currently get the products at Tad's and I am working on expanding the retailers list.

20. tonten

tonten Regular Member

Student
    oh really?

hehe

do u know of any good retailers besides Tad's? Tad's is a nice place, but I'm beginning to feel like they own a monopoly in the locale badminton world (because of their good reputation).

It would be nice to have other places to compare prices

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.