Yonex ArcSaber 9 vs. 10

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by magiadam, Oct 19, 2008.

1. magiadam

magiadam Regular Member

And everyone's been talking about how the ArcSaber 10 makes you smash much harder, clear effortlessly, and make you happier.
    Yet, it has been said that the ArcSaber 9 is the EXACT* same as the ArcSaber 10 but with MORE* power.

Can someone confirm this or any other difference?
    I'm having trouble deciding which one to get.
    And I don't get about using a pink racket, I just care about it's performance :)

Thanks.

2. magiadam

magiadam Regular Member

Yonex ArcSaber 9

[​IMG]
    Head Shape: Isometric
    Flex: Medium Stiff
    Weight: 85 grams
    Construction: Super high modulus graphite, CS Carbon Nanotube, Light Feel Carbon, Ultra PEF
    Technologies: NanoScience, New Grommet System, Muscle Power, New Built in T-joint, New Control Support Cap
    Price: £BEST
    Click here for our checkout price
    RRP: £150.00
    Our rating: Yonex ArcSaber 9 not yet rated.
    Review: Yonex ArcSaber 9 not yet reviewed.

Yonex ArcSaber 10

[​IMG]
    Head Shape: Isometric
    Flex: Stiff
    Weight: 89.9 grams
    Construction: Super high modulus graphite, CS Carbon Nanotube, Ultra PEF
    Technologies: NanoScrience, New Grommet System, New Built in T-joint, New Control Support Cap
    Price: £BEST
    Click here for our checkout price
    RRP: £160.00
    Our rating: Yonex ArcSaber 10 not yet rated.
    Review: Yonex ArcSaber 10 not yet reviewed.

3. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    To be honest, I'd say that the 9 and 10 were almost exactly the same when I played with them. However, the 9 is more of a ladies' racket. You can feel the added flex and this makes the 9 more forgiving to play with. If you can't stand stiff rackets, then the 9 is a fine choice, but personally, I think the stiff feel of the 10 is better. The flex is the main difference other than weight, in this category, the 9 is a little bit lighter.

4. chaos2blue

chaos2blue Regular Member

Both are different.. y aint nobody view thier attributed at yonex.com.. arc10 has ultrePEF .. a good shock absorption... completely different feel and if u keep smashing hard using both racket u will surely feel the different.. arc10 does not makes ur hand numb after continuos smashing.. tats what i felt

5. pickn'smash

pickn'smash Regular Member

Business Systems Analyst
    I for one got Arc Saber 9 with no other reason than 'its meant for girls/women', originally planned to buy 10 but from the reviews i have read they are just the same or ALMOST the same :)

I have read in one of the magazines also that Yonex is launching this one (Arc Saber 9) to have an Arc Saber 10 suited for girls (besides the obviuos color of course.)

6. Danstevens

Student
    I understand what you're saying. I have to admit, I've only used the 9 very briefly and I didn't really smash too much. The 10 is actually very comfy to smash with compared with other high end rackets.

7. chaos2blue

chaos2blue Regular Member

If u r a guy... choose arc10.. arc9 are meant for ladies cos gals could not generate that much power as a guy thus making the racket less stiff.
    And also if u r a smash lover like me.. u should probably choose arc10.. continuos smash wont make ur hand numb..UltraPEF attribute.

I love smashing... most of the ball i receive i tend to smash like crazy.. BERZERK :p
    Had use other racket like NS9000X,AT900P & MP55.. they all makes ur hand numb and tired quickly.

8. red_dragon

red_dragon Regular Member

LoL....... pink racket's not too bad. you don't mind the love hearts on there too?:p

I feel the arc9 feels slighter lighter than the 10. after so many smashes the 10 feels heavier. I can also generate slightly more speed with the 9 when defending (btw, my sis owns the arc9 not me :D). also, with smaller hands/shorter fingers, alot of females choose the arc9 for its G6 grip size.

also, you don't have to necessarily get an arcsaber. a few of my friends use or have tried the arc10 but feels its not for them, whereas my brother loves it. says it perfect for his smashes and feels great.

I also heard Yonex might be coming out with another arcsaber soon. not sure what number though, but maybe this new one might be what you need.

good luck with your decision:)

9. Danstevens

Student
    Maybe an Arcsaber 8? There's a gap in the names; 7,9 so it would be logical for Yonex to release an 8. If you need a racket now, I'd still recommend the Arc10.

10. DanhNguyen5.3

DanhNguyen5.3 Regular Member

well too me, Arcsaber has two or three differences when i played, arcsaber is alil more headheavy gave it alil more kick, but arcsaber can only produce power if you have a faster swing ( usually guys has a faster swing ) soo it produce much more power than a mid flex, last is that the ultra PEF lets you smash contiously without getting tired

11. contreasjun27

contreasjun27 Regular Member

what about arc saber 8-dx?

12. shadowfuri

shadowfuri Regular Member

Student
    Exactly what are the differences between the Arc 8Dx and the Arc 10?