Victor Zeus Magan SQ 20

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Churchill, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Churchill

Churchill Regular Member

I recently bought one of these off a player at our local club (it was new). I got a great deal on the raquet, and it feels great to play with. I was able to buy it new for $90CAD, the price I saw online was 165 euro, which is close to $270CAD!

[​IMG]

I cannot find much information about it online, since it seems to be a European brand. It has a fairly flexible shaft and the default string tension seemed to be quite a bit lower than my MP-100 which is at 24lbs. I use it for doubles and have so far been fairly impressed with it. The default grip is quite comfortable, with a large raised spiral which makes thumb positioning very automatic. I find smashing with it almost feels better than the MP, it makes a nicer sound too.

Has anyone else seen this raquet around? It is the only one I have seen so far locally, looking for more information, specifically a comparison chart to yonex raquets.

2. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

I think Victor is a Chinese brand. Victor sponsored players such as Chen Hong and Zhao Jian Hua.

3. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Victor is a taiwanese brand. They have different models for Europe and Asia, so we don't see this model here.

Specs for the SQ 20 as follows :

Material : 40T Graphite High Fibre Magan
    Shape : ISO
    Weight : 89-93 gm
    Balance : 295mm
    Flex : Dynamic
    Stringing tension : 8 - 12kg

4. limak

limak Regular Member

Searched Victor Europe web (http://www.victor-sport.de/e_index.htm) and also the 2008 catalogue of Victor Europe, but didn´t find this model. Seems strange to me, maybe some older racket:confused:.

5. Sternschnuppe

Sternschnuppe Regular Member

its a really old racket of victor europe. i played with it many years ago. can't remember the performance, only that i sold it :p